1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How long before the CT-mayhem ends?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Glamorama, Mar 15, 2012.

1. differentstory

differentstory New Member

YUM! That sounds so good! Too bad you have to eat everything! Except for the dessert dishes, I would have tried all of it too. I wish my family was that creative and did the organic/local food thing.

2. differentstory

differentstory New Member

I'm wondering if we are all turning into Michael Phelps (with the 12,000 calorie diet) and we don't know it????

My experience:

Similar to some of you, I was COMPLETELY exhausted yesterday!

I've really been pushing it with CT this week.

I did 4 straight days of 60-minute sessions in 60 degree CT baths. Everyday I was taking it further - colder water, more depth and more minutes.

Felt good and warm the first 3 days in the bath.

Last night, not so much. I was very tired before doing CT, but I pushed myself to do my session anyways and I was pretty cold in the water. I wonder if my body was almost too tired to regulate my temperature? I was pretty much counting down the last 20 minutes. For the first time ever, though, my upper arms turned pink as the water was filling the tub.

After getting out, I was soooo cold too and ended up falling asleep cold. I also slept 11 hours last night!!!!

Today (the next morning), my body is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired (not sleepy, more exhausted) and very sore like I have exercised A LOT. When eating breakfast this morning, I was very hungry (definitely new for me) and I was able to eat the entire meal without feeling full (all 48g of protein).

I think we have to remember that these CT baths are probably similar (to our bodies) as to running a few miles. Which, for some of you, you might be okay with this but for me I don't think I could even run .25 of a mile currently!! So my advice is to be easy on your body and make sure you are eating enough.

Think I will skip the CT today. :) (Darn!)

3. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

Having skipped the CT yesterday, it was much harder today ... Managed 25 minutes in 52F water though, and was a deep reddish pink all over afterwards, but skin temp. was only down to 57F on my new infra-red thermometer. I suppose I'm making progress? Still shivering intensely an hour after getting out of the bath ...

4. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Y'know, sometimes I think we get sucked into the mindset of thinking "If it's good, more is better!" If you go back to the CT protocol blog, Dr. Kruse says we should plan on doing the baths "2-5 times a week depending upon your starting weight, BF %, and what your goals are." I don't think we should necessarily be doing the baths daily.

Your fatigue is probably your body asking for a little rest : )

5. tweety

tweety New Member

Good point. I have been taking it slow, no shivering but I still feel like I am making progress. I had a few days of intense muscle tiredness, and I backed off a little and I am back tp feeling better.

As a side note, I am so so so thankful for CT. I had been on the reset since last summer and my husband was a very cranky, unwilling and stubborn supporter and sometimes participant. I told him about CT a few weeks ago, which I thought he would balk at, and he embraced it entirely! This morning, on his own accord, he started counting all his protein grams trying to get his BAB! Thats enough success for me, I am happy! Thanks Dr. K!

6. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Hysterical! I love this, too, and feel the same way :): "Happiness is a bag of ice and a jar of coconut oil...what did I just say???"

7. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I have had krill oil and fish oil for many years
    , so I am really confused about the ice packs causing hives, I've been paleo/keto for 2 years. I don't eat a lot of fish but I do eat salmon a few times per week and grass-fed beef. I was eating a lot of bison last year and then, I discovered it was not grass-fed when I contacted the company to ask about it and found more info on its website that they supplemented with grain. That might have increased my 06 level a bit.

8. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

It this what you are talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_hpc?_encoding=UTF8&node=3760901&field-brandtextbin=Metagenics

9. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member