1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How long before the CT-mayhem ends?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Glamorama, Mar 15, 2012.

1. OMG, today I am absolutely dead tired and starving. I just posted that I haven't been feeling the effects of CT too strong and whamo. All week I have been so tired and going to bed at 9pm. Yesterday I felt GREAT and got into stuff at home so bedtime was 10pm...well, today I am paying for it. Apparently CT and the Leptin Reset say my bedtime is 9pm!

Also I was STARVING today. I hope to goodness it is not the freaking estradiol pills my doc put me on. I had 1/2 pound of stew meat for BAB and I thought that was a large amount of protein. But I was hungry for lunch by noon and had fish and salad. I also was pretty light on the CO for breakfast and lunch. Big mistake. By dinner I was ravenous. I cooked a 1 pound steak and ate the whole thing plus some zucchini cooked in CO and the equivalent of at least two tablespoons of CO with cocoa powder and stevia (trying to give up the stevia but not there yet). And I seriously feel like I could have ate a whole other steak if I had one. CT early and bed for me!

Speak of CT - I think I overdid the spot CT this morning. I put the ice pack directly on my skin - back and front torso. My belly has a huge pink mark on it that has not gone away still more than 12 hours later. It looks like a wine stain birthmark...yikes? What do you think - burn mark or O6 reaction? My back is fine. My belly of course it the "fat" part of me.

2. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Sounds like you need CO to keep hunger at bay. And that sounds like frost bite. Always use something between the skin and the ice. You can spot-CT that area for a couple of weeks now.

3. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

So I'm feeling cold-adapted but last night it took me 2 hours to fall asleep because I was too cold after my bath. And another night of poor sleep.

4. Claudia

Claudia New Member

- I think I overdid the spot CT this morning. I put the ice pack directly on my skin - back and front torso. My belly has a huge pink mark on it that has not gone away still more than 12 hours later. It looks like a wine stain birthmark...yikes? What do you think - burn mark or O6 reaction? My back is fine. My belly of course it the "fat" part of me.

Yes, that's the hives I've been talking about. From the ice packs. I still have a large one on my tummy. For me it's sore to the touch, and sometimes itchy.

5. Mikey7

Mikey7 New Member

Yep, other members has suffer this. Jack said laid off till you heal.

6. ah, nuts...I just looked up cold urticaria and you're right...that's what it is. I didn't think so because it's not raised or itchy. Don't want to give up my bath though! I'm might do a shallow one - my belly sticks out unless I fill the tub up high.

But I have learned my lesson...no spot CT directly on my belly skin...too flubby. And more CO!

7. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Anyone having ovary pain? I'm thinking estrogen is doing something. I have had this almost a week on one side and just really realized today that it has been going on. Haven't had pain in years. Not sure what's up.

8. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I get this problem even when there's layers of clothing between me and the ice. I"m sorry to see there are more people getting this. It might get raised and itchy. Mine has taken a good week to go away.

9. Swagger

Swagger New Member

It's not just you ladies. I'm a hormonal, emotional bastard of a man 15 days into this. I will never say a bad word about PMS ever again.

10. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

lol swagger!! sorry you now know pms....your signature is hilarious

11. Rhoswen

Rhoswen New Member

That's a shame! I've actually started putting my ice packs directly on my belly, on my skin... I was worried about getting the cold "hives" or burning my skin but nope! I get my skin really red and ice cold, for about 30 minutes at a time and no problems at all! I've been eating a lot fish/fish oil for many many months before I started CT so that probably helped.

Although, I have been tired and more emotional than normal this week! I'm feeling better today, however. Much more calm. :)

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am still sleeping terribly - but have weird, vivid dreams when I do fall asleep. No weight loss yet what so ever boohoo!!

13. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Same as me then. :)

It will happen!

14. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Hehe yes, it's terrible! Glad you learnt something... Lol

15. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

Wasn't able to spot CT or have a cold bath yesterday (I really missed it), but did find that I was way too hot in a house I've always thought of as being cold! I also had a deep ache in my stomach, like I'd overdone a workout and the muscles were sore. My biggest problem, though, was visiting my parents-in-law for lunch and having to eat everything. They did make a supreme effort (and they always use real ingredients), but it was simply not politic to refuse the mashed potato (extremely small helping), and stewed plums with baked custard topping (overly sweet, and extremely small helping). I only hope I haven't killed the benefits of CT with that .... Had horrible heartburn all night, and dreadful milk chocolate cravings, too ....

16. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

I'm treating this as a cautionary tale. We are visiting my parents today, and they'll be serving conventionally-raised, grain-fed chicken, marinaded in a rancid, high-O6 salad dressing. I'm already bringing food for my son, mostly because he doesn't like chicken. The thing is they think what I'm doing with CT is a little out there, so it makes it a bit more difficult to go against the grain. But I will, 'cause part of me is doing this for them. I keep praying all of my family (and friends) will see the amazing changes in my life and health, and be inspired to make similar changes.

17. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I hear ya. Very tough when family is involved especially the dh's side. They all eat SAD and think they are doing themselves a hugh favor. They will cook pork loins and dump bottles of processed crap all over it. Ewwww! I have had to tell them I cannot eat certain things now due to my health. I have Candida so for now it is a good excuse. Of course, I am hoping it will go away soon. But, it is still hard. Now I bring food I can eat even if it is only venison sausage. That way I get some protein and they usually have some veggie I can eat. It works. Make a plan and stick to it for you! It is "your" health. Just keep smiling and reminding yourself that the food they are eating got you to this point in the first place. I even bring my own salad dressings to restaurants now cuz I don't want to eat that disgusting high-06 dressing you are talking about. Good luck to you.

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Since the addition of the orange glasses at night I'm sleeping really well, unless I wear too much clothes to bed.... I'm considering trying a CT session tonight before bed to see how I do sleep wise... As usually a night bath keeps me awake for longer than I should be up

19. blindpig

blindpig New Member

Swagger, I'm so glad you shared this. That's our Dr. K, changing the world in ways I bet he never anticipated. Now, Swagger, get out there and share this newfound understanding with the rest of mankind!

20. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

Hasten to add that my 84 y-o father-in-law refuses to cook with oil, just butter or lard, and apart from the potato and pudding (stewed plums - done in water and sugar, and home-made baked custard with egg yolks, cream and sugar), everything was great - no grains, baked tomatoes with braised lettuce topped with parmesan as a starter, roast beef, leeks and courgettes/zucchini and potatoes (mashed with double/heavy cream and butter) for a main course, and plums topped with baked custard for pudding. Everything local, everything organic. Just the carbs and the sugar that worry me, not the content of any dodgy oils! The only reason I ate every scrap I was given was due to the supreme effort he'd made as well as a history of family problems ...

Back on track today (although up another 2lbs, to be expected and probably water weight), and enjoyed my cold shower this morning, and am off for a nice cold soak in a minute, then walking the dogs in shorts and a tee-shirt as we have unseasonally hot (by Scottish standards ;) ) weather!

My infra-red thermometer arrived this morning, so it will be interesting to see skin temperature when I get out of the bath. My 11-year-old daughter, who's just back from boarding school for the holidays, thinks I've gone mad! However, my 15-year-old has started CT at school, and is really looking forward to optimising this when she gets home and can eat properly.