1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How long before the CT-mayhem ends?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Glamorama, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Has anyone here done CT for long enough to predict roughly how long the insane hormonal- and detox upheaval lasts? I feel like nothing is predictable anymore since starting CT. I know its a good thing, but I also would like to know when it stops, and I can only focus on benefits.

Amongs my less positive symthomps is bloating (probably due to excess estrogen being released from fat stores), insomnia (on and off), KP on my arms gone quite bad (completely gone until I started CT), tiredness, fatigue, sinus-issues and cold (similar to seasonal allergies) and energy levels more up and down rather than consistently good. My mood has generally been good after the first 2 weeks of CT, but what bothers me most is the unpredictable sleep at night.

2. Dan in Utah

Dan in Utah New Member

I'm not sure, but with my limited experience in helping people in my own clinic with this, I KNOW that it takes longer and is more unpredictable with women, both the Leptin Rx and CT. I don't mean this in a sexist way at all, it just is what it is. You ladies are more nuanced hormonally and if you've been through childbirth that changes your metabolism and immunology, too.

I suspect that the more weight one has to loose, and the more hormonally wacked-out things are, the longer and more bitter the road to OPTIMAL.

But hey, we all want to get there, so keep on keepin' on!

3. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

The downfall of my health started after the last child 17 months ago, so that makes sense. I did the Leptin-rx in only 6 mere weeks before being "good to go", but I know I was LR at the liver for many many months after that though. I'm down to losing the last 10-15 pounds of fat. Seems some really good toxins are hidden in the depths of my thighs and belly... Hell=progress, I guess!

4. jumcc

jumcc New Member

i hope it doesnt last too long! i am feeling pretty miserable to be honest but am losing weight so i am persisting on....

5. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Glam, Jack recently mentioned that he went through 6 weeks of wicked detox when he started. Ladies take longer, hang in there.

6. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Good to know. So maybe another month of feeling weird. Its like constantly being in-between feeling AWESOME and CRAP. Never a happy middle.

7. Grottenolm

Grottenolm New Member

Omg, this is my 3rd week of spot ct with ice packs around the middle. I was hoping that it would jump start my ovulation again as I am currently experiencing amennorhea. These past two days have been a hormonal mind bender, and I've blown up in size literally overnight. All my clothes are tight and I kind of feel like I've ovulated, or experiencing pms or something. It's a mind bender because I feel that all the hard work I put in with the leptin reset and the weight I lost while on it has gone poof and I'm back to square 1. My rational mind knows this can't be fat gain this fast.......ugh....I empathize with you, Glamorama :(

8. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Its fluid, don't worry- all hormonal. My perfect 29-day cycle has gone 33 days last month, and still waiting (day 35) this month... the hormones are in total chaos. I think we have to stick it out, the full benefits wont really appear until all the detox is over. I've had plenty of great things happening too, but I'm getting sick of being a passenger on the hormonal train to Crazy Town!

9. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Yeah, and I got my first period since October this week. Which kind of explains the kilo I gained the week before. I haven't been paying attention to dates because I really expected them to just not come back any more. I'm 52 and only had 3 periods last year. But I'm going to keep notes. This CT just might keep my hormones going for quite some time yet.

10. Grottenolm

Grottenolm New Member

Coriander>> wow I'm really glad that ct made your cycle come back! Isn't it amazing how quickly your hormones responded to it?

Glamo>> oh yeah, if you ignore the instant fatness and size gain, there have been many benefits, such as amazing sleep quality and reawakening of the libido. But somehow my vain brain fixates on my transformation into a pufferfish this week, lol! Neolithic brain again... Am currently drinking a liver detox tea. Are you using anything to help the hormonal storm along?

11. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I do indeed. I'm on the Metagenics Estrofactor, it supports healthy estrogen metabolism (this is what my sluggish, fatty liver struggels with). Got it through my naturopath. Its entirely herbal/natural, and works quite well. each box of 60 capsules last about 3-4 weeks. I was told you normally need 3 full rounds before the liver is expected to be able to metabolize the hormones itself. I might move onto a liver detox support after this, something gentle.

12. mtdejong1@gmail.com

mtdejong1@gmail.com New Member

For me it took exactly four weeks.

13. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I hear ya ladies! This up and down crazy hormonal roller coaster is nuts!! I'm happy - no, wait - I'm depressed. I'm losing fat, but oh then there's the water gain. I've got energy to spare, but then nope -it's gone as fast as it came and I'm suddenly so weak it's truly difficult to walk. This stinks! BUT, I agree that the benefits will far outweigh the current nastiness I'm feeling.

My only concern is that I can't always figure out if it's true detox or if something I'm eating or a supplement I'm taking is causing the problems. I always worry I could end up doing more harm than good. I'm eating a super clean diet and have been for a while now, but w/ leaky gut it can be anyone's guess what's really a problem food.

14. quelsen

quelsen New Member

I was going to say 3 weeks. so your mileage may vary

15. LisaAPB

LisaAPB New Member

I think it will depend on how whacked is your hormonal system to begin with, and how much fat you are releasing. I've been all over the place too with sleep, fatigue, hunger, energy, and mood and I feel like maybe it is starting to level out... I've done 4 weeks of CT, cold showers and recently, ice packs on my way to work.

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ivy

my hormones are completely out of whack.... sex drive has taken a nose dive (Did so about 2wks ago) and has stayed there :( even w/the added BHRT - definitely going through some serious detox today - constant loose bowls... yeah parasitic and candida cleanse! Whoot!

One thing I've been thinking about - considering my inflammation issues - is even though I can eat eggs w/o problems - I'm wondering If I should cut them out? trying to figure out what I can do to speed up my healing... and reversing my arterial age, and my telemere age.....

17. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

I`m 3 weeks in and still getting the bloating, weird cycles and disrupted sleep. I think how often you do the CT factors in. I`ve been increasing both the number and length of sessions over the 3 weeks and things are becoming more disjointed.

started CT when my cycle was supposed to begin, there was spotting, and the CT put it on hold for almost 3 weeks to the day. Have my cycle now and can say the cold is lovely for the tenderness in that area but I am definitely not shedding the excess fluid that built up before.

18. So glad to see this thread - As long as I realize it's "detox" type stuff I can power through I think. I've had whacky-cycle, with spotting between and horrors during TOM. I have lots more fat to lose, so I am assuming that the fat stores did their job and stored everything from environment to hormones. I swear a 5 yr old cheeto came out the other day ;).

I would bet that as long as you are losing, it would be this way.

I have lost significant weight before - with CW, and experienced the same thing FWIW.

I kept trying to decide if I had a bad batch of cream or if I was cleaning-fat. So if loose stool is part of it, yay.

I'm sure DoctorDan (tm) is correct and our lady-journey will be a little different from Jack's and the guys.

19. Clabbergirl

Clabbergirl New Member

I wish I knew the answer to this too. I'm not having sleep problems (knock on wood); the sleep has actually gotten better in that it seems to be deeper with no interruptions at night and I wake just before the alarm sounds. Occasionally have had to get up and pee during the night which was unusual before CT therapy began.

But I've had many ups and downs on mood and energy over the course of 2 weeks of CT therapy. Some days my limbs feel like weights are attached and I'm so incredibly fatigued that all I want to do is sit down and not move. Other times I feel like a normal human being with normal energy. I've not once had this burst of energy that some folks talk about, but I'll take 'normal' over weak and lethargic any day.

Had a lot of sinus drainage early on but as I enter week 3 this seems to be lessening. Thankfully!

20. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

I'm with y'all for sure! I have experienced some great side affects: great sleep, notice less inflammation, etc BUT my hormones have been wacky. I broke out with cystic acne which I NEVER get - generally I have great skind BUT overall my skin is smoother and younger looking.

My cycle length is the same - 31 days- as normal but this months cycle has been the worst ever for me....since Hashi's diangnos, my periods have been extremely short and light (and completley nonexisitent if going through a thryoid flare up) with no cramping...THIS months was painful cramping and heavier bleeding...in addition to larger more tender breasts and general bloat...even a bit more constipation than usual...I have yet to start on my BHRT (still waiting on my Dr Dzugen plan!) but am hoping some progesterone will offset some of these unpleasant side affects...

Hang in there ladies -the end will be worth it I'm looking fowrad to getting this hormone stuff straightened up and to see some serious fat loss ;)