1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How is transdermal magnesium working?

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Butters, May 23, 2016.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

I didnt find any information here, so I hope you can help me out.
    I told my mother yesterday, that oil is absorbed better transdermal than oral. But I could tell her how it works.
    Can someone?

Hilde likes this.
  2. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

If it were me, I would focus on how I lose or don't keep my magnesium first, then get what I need from food.

3. Butters

Butters New Member

No, its not about intake. I just want to know the mechanism of surface chemistry in transdermal magnesium absorption.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It works photoelectrically. And it was covered in the blogs.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Mg is the center atom in plant chlorophyll. When light hits it and it is surrounded by N it forms an exciton. That exciton acts like a quantum dot and the light information has to be delivered to the reaction center to be used and not thermalized. In humans we don't use chlorophyll. We use melanin and the porphyrins in RBC's to capture the solar energy. It is very similar but not exact to the Yarkovsky effect we see in asteroid re-direction.

A fresh paint color or a change in surface atomic structure is all that might be all that’s needed to prevent a giant asteroid from raining destruction upon our planet. Why? Light has another surface effect physics knows about since 1902. Sometimes, very small forces can alter the evolution of an entire planetary system. The Yarkovsky effect is one such example. An imbalance in the radiation of heat (IR) off an asteroid changes its orbit.

The Yarkovsky effect, named for a Russian engineer who discovered it in 1902. I learned that this effect has a diurnal and seasonal effect that is unique and tied to size. This is when I got the idea to bio -hack this effect. I came across this in my research over ten years ago and I decided to use it in several bio hacks on my skin, eyes, and hair to learn more about the biologic effects here on Earth. Our blood circulates and spins cells that are small (RBC's,WBC's, and platelets ) right below our eye and skin surface. They also undergo diurnal and seasonal fluctuations. This gave me the idea to see how colors could effect the bio-physics of plasma in us. This surface photoelectric effect results from the fact that asteroids heat up as they bask in the sun’s light in space. When they heat up the side facing the sun emit's anisotropic thermal photons causing motion to change on the asteroid. What the resultant motion is on the asteroid, depends upon the spin of the asteroid. It works best on smaller asteroids. Today, most people think this effect only occurs in space. No one knows if it occurs on Earth, which has a different environment.

It is believed that in space in an asteroid, it is a surface effect that only requires a coat of paint. It should be very thin like a wrap of plastic wrap. Aerospace engineer David Hyland of Texas A&M leads a team that has been studying this method for several years. I've read a lot of their papers. This is when I started using methylene blue, magnesium sprays, and topical chemicals to see their effect. What I learned about changing our hair coloring was quite interesting bio hack. NASA scientists now believe If we paint with the correct color and in the right spot, we can push an asteroid in the right direction, away from the Earth. If we can get the asteroid to cease crossing Earth’s orbit, we can completely eliminate the threat to life and avoid a KT like extinction. I have found that when we change our surfaces with frequencies some interesting things happen at deeper levels. Here is a hint: Dont every wear pink lip stick, pink hair, or pink sunglasses. If you do, consider getting yourself a term insurance policy.

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

We all hack the Yarkovsky effect, every time we put on clothes.

rlee314 and Lahelada like this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Total truth bomb ^^^^^

8. Butters

Butters New Member

Thanks for replying anyway. Interesting things.
    The things with the pink color (although in respect to the light entering the eye) I read in Odds "Health and light".

9. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi,

I liked your question "how is trandermal magnesium working".
    I have been searching all over the www and in the Magnesium Advocacy fbgroup but never found the answer.
    Untill this moment I am questioning this, if, the heavily marketed magnesium industry, (with pills), sprays and bath flakes actualy works. Big Supplement is imo no better than Big Pharma.
    All the 'research' that has been done is 1. conflict of interest 2. not a controlled trail (no placebo) etc etc.

Maybe it's due to language, I am Dutch and my english isn't that great.
    After you asked here on forum, I still don't get it, do you?

Lahelada likes this.
  10. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

]

I can chime in from a drug delivery perspective.

Firstly, most cheap forms of magnesium salts (citrate, maleate, etc) induce increased gastrointestinal motility (ie diarrhea) which doesn't give much transit time to allow for absorption of the magnesium.

In comparison, anything claimed as being a "transdermal" magnesium topical preparation must get past the first layers of the skin, which is something like 10 to 20 layers of dehydrated fatty skin cells (stratum corneum). Oil can penetrate past this initial layer because like attracts like.

Where things get interesting, is to reach deeper tissues where blood capillaries are found for systemic absorption, you must get past "hydrated" live skin cells. The only true transdermal system I know is from PCCA which is called "lipoderm." Its a cream base that allows for "liposomes" to be formed, whereby you have BOTH fat and water layers to penetrate deeply enough to reach system circulation.

Keep in mind, a strict "magnesium in oil" suspension may still work by driving into the skin via a concentration gradient, but its not as efficient nor as guaranteed.

Corey Nelson and Lahelada like this.
  11. Butters

Butters New Member

Hm. But why is nicotin or topical DHEA functioning on the skin?

Hilde likes this.
  12. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question. But if you are asking why something aqueous (hydrophilic) can penetrate the skin.. its due to a different mechanism called active transport... best delivered on thin skin, so to speak.

At the end of the day, delivery transdermally is pretty complex...it depends not only on hydrophilicity/lipophilicity, but also molecular weight, ionicity, salt load, pH, etc of the chemical you are delivering, as well as the "base" you are delivering it in.

Corey Nelson likes this.