1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How I got to here

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Eliza, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Eliza

Eliza Gold

That's wonderful thanks so much for your quick response Dr Kruse. I am very relieved this is because things are getting better!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am so glad you are doing so well! :)

Don't forget the C/T webinar.......

3. Eliza

Eliza Gold

Thanks Caroline. I was really glad for dr k's response. I was starting to worry I was getting worse! I can't wait for the ct webinar. Unfortunately I'll probably have to listen afterwards again but it will be great nonetheless!

Hope all is well with you :)

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Please remember - none of this is linear ..... wasn't it good that you asked! Dr. K. doesn't know what we don't know unless we ask.

keep reading and asking questions!

I am doing great - thankyou ...;)

5. Eliza

Eliza Gold

I've been doing the leptin reset now for about 7 weeks and am feeling good. I never thought I'd hear myself say this but the cold water in Australia right now is too hot!

I thought it was about 15 Celsius but bought a pool thermometer yesterday and discovered it was nearly 18 celsius/64 Fahrenheit even after I'd added 5kg ice and about 6 frozen water bottles. Is anyone else struggling with this in Australia right now?

And will I really be getting any benefit from water at this temperature? Perhaps that's part of the reason my results have been slower than I thought.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

maybe.....but also because you might be more dehydrated too.

7. Eliza

Eliza Gold

Thanks Dr Kruse. I am drinking about 2.5L spring water per day and taking steps to reduce my non-native emf exposure. I will try to get a bun-creatin asap. Any other ways I could help this along?

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is very hard to get the water down low enuf here .... Have you thought of an ice vest or ice jacket?
    if you go to the C/T FB page - someone from Oz linked to an ice jacket on ebay that he really likes and it is inexpensive

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you have blue blocker glasses? Have you hugged a conifer lately?

10. Eliza

Eliza Gold

In fact I do often have a fluid 'shine' on my shins at night. I've often associated this with fluid retention and dehydration. Do I just drink more good water?

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you read EE12? you need to imprint that one on your brain!
    I suspect you don't really know your non native EMF exposure......

Nick here on the forum .... His little son had huge problems. On the other side of the wall of his bedroom was an old fridge and alot of computer stuff - wifi.

smart meter? neighbours smart meter? power lines?

what about mould issues?

12. Eliza

Eliza Gold

Hi Caroline,
    I know I must be exposed to a reasonable amount because I work in an office and live in a first floor apartment. I haven't measured emf levels in my house yet but I turn off all non necessary power points at night as well as wifi. I use blue blocker glasses at night.

I wondered if my weight loss issues are more to do with hormones such as pregnenalone steal. I am looking into the Drs you suggested as well as a few others to see how I've been tracking with the leptin reset and ct.

Thanks again Caroline - I appreciate your advice :)

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

my pleasure....

14. Eliza

Eliza Gold

I'm getting close to the 8 weeks it would normally take to reset leptin. I don't think I'm there yet, as I believe my weight would have really started dropping (from 35% body fat), though I think I've started losing some weight.

Is it advisable to get some testing now to see what my progress has been? Or are my labs likely to be messed up until my leptin has reset and I should wait?

Another thing - I started adding more coconut oil into my bab on Dr Kruse's advice as I was starting to experience hunger by lunch time. I've noticed in the last week this is giving me reflux symptoms. I have suffered from bouts of reflux in the past, but I know it means something is wrong. Is this leaky gut? Am I likely to need something like HCl betaine? And is there a lab that will confirm what's the issue?

15. Eliza

Eliza Gold

Listening to the leptin prescription webinar yesterday reminded me of one of the key reasons I want to do everything to get to optimal. Listening to Dr Kruse describe how he turned the life of his son and his nephew around reminded me I want to do that too. There are people in my family that I care more about, and I need to lead by example. If I don't get the huge success I fully expect with this, how can I expect them to follow it?

The example I give is my mum. She's 51 years old (and maybe 15- 20kg overweight) and her health is far from optimal. At the age of 43 she was diagnosed with bowel cancer (an isolated polyp was malignant) and had an anterior resection. Thankfully, it was caught early and she's never had an issue since.

She also suffers from chronic GERD. Some days, even the highest dose of esomeprazole isn't enough to stop her from having a reflux 'attack'. Sometimes it manifests itself as what she describes as petrol being poured down her throat and set on fire. Sometimes it is horrendous back and chest pain, radiating to her limbs occasionally. I often fear what would happen if she was having a heart attack, as the symptoms are so similar. She's been given the option of Niessen fundoplication, but advised to have it as a last resort, because the surgeon thinks it's a terrible operation to have.

In the last few years, she has had a bizarre issue, which she describes as worse than any of the other health problems she's had previously. A vibrating sensation in her urinary tract region (or at least that's where it feels like). She's had all sorts of tests done, and was on about a month's worth of antibiotics previously, but the issue was never diagnosed. They thought mayb
    Since that time, it's occasionally come back, but never to the extent before, but now it seems to be getting worse again.

I'm not optimal yet but I know there are things she should be doing to optimise her health now.

I don't know if anyone else has shared similar experiences, especially this weird vibration thing, but everyone on here has been so helpful and supportive.

Hypothetically speaking, if she does decide to go down the road of optimal - how could she follow the protocols to eventually get off her GERD meds? I don't know how she could ever wean off them without terrible pain.

Apart from encouraging her to get the full range of panels to see what's going on - how else can I help? At the moment, I'm most worried about the vibrations, as they are really debilitating make day to day living very unpleasant.

Sorry for the quite morbid post, I just forget sometimes on my own road to optimal that the ones I love are the ones I want to help the most.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

It sounds as if CO bothers you - it does some. Do you use ghee?
    Have you looked at Dr. K' s blogs regarding gerd and other symptoms?

Testing is always good to see where you are.....

17. Eliza

Eliza Gold

Yes Caroline I think it must be the CO. I don't use ghee but I might try adding some butter to BAB and having a little less CO and seeing how that goes.

I've seen the EPCOT protocol, and I'll look more into that, thanks Caroline :) I just have to hurry up and keep getting better so that my mum will get some testing!

18. sooperb

sooperb New Member

With respect to the vibration, she isn't imagining it! Some years back I had gone to bed and was drifting off to sleep when I noticed a vibration. I was puzzled as I thought it must be the washing machine downstairs spinning, the kids often decided to do their laundry late at night. I couldn't fathom it. I had bought a book (one of my many hundred self help tomes lol) and I was reading that one day when someone described the very same thing, right down to the washing machine analogy, to say my jaw dropped is an understatement. I googled and eventually found a thread somewhere where this very symptom was being discussed, some describing like a cell phone buzzing in their pocket. No one seemed to know quite what it was, no medical doctor had been able to diagnose it. Interestingly, not everyone felt it in the same place, some had it in their groin, mine was at the top of my chest just under my heart area and went down to the stomach area. I thought it was my heart vibrating! Well, much as I hated the sensation there was nothing I could about it, every bedtime it would wake me at some point.

I think I finally found a connection that went some way to explaining the phenomena. The vagus nerve, which runs from your brain through your chest and down towards your nether regions. The cause of the vibration is almost certainly stress/anxiety. It's something that is triggered in the nerve that generates the sensation. It's not harmful but it can be frightening (I found it so for a while). As I conquered my anxiety, this symptom disappeared. It rears up now and again but it's not as strong, doesn't last more than a few minutes and I no longer worry about it. I take it as a sign that I need to address whatever may be causing my anxiety.

Your mother's GERD can also be both physically and mentally related. If she's obese, been taking antacids for a long time and suffers with anxiety, you have a classic collection of interdependent issues that feed each other. With respect to the GERD, someone linked to a website where the author has found multi-benefits from raising the head of the bed, the reduction of GERD being one of them.

This quote is from a Medscape article: A meta-analysis of previous non-randomized studies revealed that bed head elevation is an effective therapy in relieving the symptoms of reflux. [9] Elevation of the upper body at night is generally recommended for all patients with GERD. Here's the link: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/765033_4

The website about raising the bed head is here: http://www.inclinedbedtherapy.com/ The website is a bit untidy but the basics are explained along with a short video on how to raise the bed head. Personally I'd just be buying bed raisers lol. I don't know how you think your mum might respond to suggestions but there are several of us here over pension age lol and I am always game to give interesting ideas a try. Get her to sign up and read some of the threads and blogs, it may be just what she needs to give her hope and the gate to a path that leads to better health and all the benefits that brings.

19. Eliza

Eliza Gold

Thanks so much for your response Sooperb. I'll have to ask mum whether it feels like a washing machine. I know she finds it a grotesque, revolting sensation. It's really interesting what you say about the vagus nerve.

Mum already has her bed raised for her Gerd. Hopefully she will get some more testing soon to see better what her status is.

Thanks again - I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. I hope you don't suffer with the washing machine sensation too often :)

20. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Thankfully I don't Eliza, since I started using an earthing sheet my anxiety symptoms have all but disappeared. I still have palpitations at night but I have learnt to deal with them and they are nowhere as severe as they used to be. Your mum might check to see how high her bed head is, she can go up to six inches and it's sometime the height that makes the difference. It's something I'd like to try except we have a waterbed, I think it might have rather unwanted side effects lol, on the bed not me.

Does your mum have the GERD Mostly at night or during the day or both?