1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How harmful is Pink clothing? & Effects of clothing colors

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Matty_M, Nov 19, 2016.

1. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

After rereading the Ott masterpiece Health & Light, and looking at the spectrum in the picture below I would say that "pink fluorescent" = "red lights".

My interpretation is therefore that: Pink (red) light is ok as long as it is accompanied with other colors such as those in the AM sun. It can also be healing if used temporary and appropriately (LLLT). However, a life in pink (red) light ONLY is a recipe for disaster (quote from book below).

upload_2017-11-29_14-23-8.png

seanb4 likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

No scientific support, just gut feelings and may be too much of watching Tunderbolts.com and Electric Universe videos.
    https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/

Sunlight and Circadian Rhythm are our current living conditions.
    Life on Earth developed initially when Earth was under Proto-Saturn influence, where sunlight was not present and only
    UV, red and IR was available and gravity was a fraction of what it is today.
    So I see UV, red and IR, specially the red & IR as positive.

upload_2017-11-29_8-58-46.png

Penny likes this.
  3. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

The Proto-Saturn theory is indeed intriguing, but needs in my opinion further evidence to be a plausible theory. In the meantime, I'll try to stay open minded! :)

Still, I see a contradiction between Ott's observations regarding the danger of red(*) lights only and the undeniable positive effects from NIR and red light therapies. Maybe red light needs adjuncts to be safe if exposed to chronically?

(*) Red = pink in my opinion until proven otherwise.

Scott Hardin likes this.
  4. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

As for Ott and what's good and bad... Didn't Ott use blue lights at night in his home...?

5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I've read that red light increases intraocular pressure (and that green lowers it), I also wonder about over stimulating the red cones in the eye and any effects on circadian rhythm of red lights in the evening. Having looked at frequency "recipes" for different solar elevations, a frequency might be dominant, but no visible colour appears on its own, there are other balancing colours. So I might use a colour or a short range of colours as a treatment, but not as a lifestyle choice. :)

seanb4 likes this.
  6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I think your answer lies in this Dr. John Nash Ott: (October 23, 1909 – April 12, 2000) Blue light is not intrinsically bad. It can be used successfully to treat acne for example. If we had stayed with the incandescent bulb and meeting the neighbours over drinks in the garden by the light of Tiki torches maybe we would not be where we are today. We now have the second "blue screen generation" and that is a complete game changer in terms of how much blue light we can allow. In 1990 the world changed but it was then not yet obvious where we were going.

Hilde, Alex97232 and Brent Patrick like this.
  7. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

This is the talk that @Jack Kruse referred to earlier in this thread. During the end of this presentation Wunsch goes over all different colors. Don't have sound right now sound right now but there's probably a good explanation in there.

Hilde and GringoPerdido like this.
  8. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

Thank you for the Wunsch video. I will watch it!

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Read John Ott's book and find this:

"On another trip to Florida I gave a lecture to an advertising club, and after I had finished my talk, Mr. Richard L. Marsh, manager of radio station WILZ near St. Petersburg, told me of a similar situation. He said that some of the staff at the radio station had taken it upon themselves to try to brighten up their surroundings in both the studios and the control rooms by replacing the regular white fluorescent tubes with those of a deep pink color.

About two months later, they began to have personnel problems. For example, announcers began performing poorly on the air. Everyone became irritable and consistently at odds with management decisions and generally difficult to control. Two resignations were received from employees without any known reason for their wishing to leave other than general dissatisfaction with themselves and the staff. Then, one morning one of the men said, “If those pink bulbs aren’t removed I’ll go out of my mind.”

That sparked an immediate reaction, and that very day all of the pink tubes were removed and replaced with the white tubes. Within a week, as if by a miracle, tempers ceased to flare, congeniality and a spirit of working together began to redevelop and resignations were withdrawn. The airwork improved, with mistakes at a minimum."

Earth Monkey and Brent Patrick like this.
  10. John Saf

John Saf New Member

After reading Jacob Liverman's Light: Medicine of the future. I was under the impression that pink could have its benefits. And this text from the book says the prisoners was calmer with pink? This book was writen in the early 90s. There are several things in this book i question after listening to Jack K and Alexander W

https://www.attn.com/stories/2316/pink-prison-cells
    Here is also an article about it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Pink Himalayan salt has no enzymes it is essentially a rock. What you are doing when applying pink salt is applying beach sand to your food. It's the same thing, no different.
    Salt should come present with Lithophilic organism to assist in its breakdown of inorganic minerals. The enzymes also assist this process, alongside natural acids.
    It is not amphoteric therefore it creates issues with the sodium-potassium process. An amphoteric substance is an oxide of an element that can act as both an acid or a base.

Furthermore, it is not below it's 9 atomic clusters. This means it can not either pass through or enter the body without causing tissue damage on the atomic level. High in deuterium and does not fit as a sodium source since it has a drastic effect on ionized blood levels.
    Celtic Sea salt is great. A phenomenal wide variety of salts are in existence. I Like the exotic sea salts from Fiji I also love the Fleur De Sal from France.

The way Himalayan salt is procured through its intensive mining process is atrocious and the salt usually contains heavy metals from the grinding process and trace amounts of Potassium Nitrate from gunpowder explosions.
    Rich in fluoride, this results in overall electron transport and mitochondria inefficiency.
    Know your salt!
    www.Biologicalresearchinstitute.com

[​IMG]

CITES: https://www.britannica.com/science/cluster
    http://www.scientificspectator.com/…/2006%20Anionic%20-%20A…
    http://www.plantphysiol.org/…/plantphysiol/49/2/256.full.pdf
    https://www.researchgate.net/…/248786904_Deuterium_Fraction…
    https://academic.oup.com/plankt/article/24/3/255/1590708
    Hutchinson, G. Evelyn. A Treatise on Limnology, vol. 2. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1967.

Smith, DeBoyd L. A Guide to Marine Coastal Plankton and Marine Invertebrate Larvae. Dubuque, IA: Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company, 1996.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Mito1 likes this.
  13. Mito1

Mito1 New Member

The only natural salt Dr Brownstein MD - has tested with no Fluoride, bromide, heavy metals ect...

Dr Brownstein consumes 3 tablespoons per day and has all patients on it in his private practice.

Annemarie Heise and Mayuri like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I had problem with eating more salt.
    I use for long time Redmond Salt.
    After the video that initially @Jack Kruse posted
    I started eating 1 teaspoon daily.
    After two weeks of that I got swollen.
    So I stopped eating it and it and it took about whole week for the swelling to go away.

I may be exception.
    On my Complete Blood Count (CBC) usually my electrolytes are ok.
    Sodium, Potassium
    But I have (had) frequent nightly cramps in my legs.
    Also on one of those tests I noted potassium close to lower margin.
    -------------------------
    I was trying variety of magnessiums for my cramps, even when Spectracell told me that my Magnessium is ok.

Eventually I resigned and used tonic water (for it quinine content), or outright quinine pills.

Recently I was successfully using (NOW Magnessium and Potassium Aspartate.
    It was special situation, the day I took those pills, no cramps, forgot pills got cramps.

That was interrupted by my salt experiment.
    I was using only salt, no NOW pills and no cramps.

In the mean time, @Scompy mentioned sodium free salt (NoSalt), which is based on potassium salts.
    I use little speck of it daily, works ok.

So I think I am lowish on potassium.

//////////////////
    I knew about dr Brownstein recomending Redmont Saalt.
    Will have to watch this one about recommended daily amount.

Little time currently
    I would appreciate if someone posted time when he does that.
    Thank you.

Scompy likes this.
  15. Scompy

Scompy Gold

I've been trying to get my K+ from a few more greens added. I'm doing breakfasts and lunches only with IF now, but now my lunch will typically consist of a larger greens shrimp or chicken salad. For some reason, avocados do not agree with me if I consume more than one per day or eat them alone.

The salt-bloating is a problem I've noticed as well. I use it sparingly, but still get enough to find the right balance. I typically blend my NoSalt to Salt ratio around 20% NoSalt to 80% Redmond/Celtic salt now.

16. drezy

drezy Gold

2:00 "about a teaspoon a day for most people"

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

We have been using Redmond salt for about a month now. I no longer get up in the middle of the night to pee - and I seem to be able to wait indefinitely to use the bathroom in the morning. Also I haven't had leg cramps for the last couple of weeks. I do sometimes take natural Calm before bed
    However I do seem to pee more in the day. We are drinking SP exclusively now with some Icelandic water.

We have moved so I can't be sure what to attribute it too .....except when we are in the ocean - it seems to be much more salty here. That must be a factor too.

One negative - I am being eaten alive by sand flies ....I have never had this bad an issue before........

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

About sand flies.
    My experience from Brazil about sand flies.
    Ask locals what places (on the beach) to avoid.
    But that helps to a point only.
    They are in most places. But on some places they are outrageous.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Jan ...we are learning to do that. A few days ago we went to a new beach that we thought ticked all the boxes. It turns out I was eaten alive that day! We have since asked and it turns out that was the worst beach we could have chosen.

We have a bathroom full of potions from a lot of people we have asked and I am working my way thru them. I am outraged that I may have to stay inside at sunrise and sunset!

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I do not know about Australian sand flies.
    The Brazilian, you do not feel when they suck your blood, unless you look at your legs and see that they run with blood.
    Different story latter, specially next few days.
    Lots of itching, then you scratch, then the legs are getting infected, the hole works.
    You can see there lots of people with ugly marks on their legs from those infections.

When you lay down on sand, then when you get up, you think that fine sand is stuck to your skin, every other piece "sand" may be a sand fly.

In my place they were specially tough to find by looking.
    The sand there contained shiny flakes of mica. Perfect camouflage for them.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018