1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How does visible light interact with your body?

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The primary mechanism for the absorption of visible light photons is the elevation of electrons to higher energy levels. There are many available states, so visible light is absorbed strongly by living things. With a strong light source, red light can be transmitted through the hand or a fold of skin, showing that the red end of the spectrum is not absorbed as strongly as the violet end. The violet side contains some serious problems for biologic tissues in excess.

While exposure to visible light causes heating, it does not cause ionization with its risks. You may be heated by the sun through a car windshield, but you will not be sunburned - that is an effect of the higher frequency UV part of sunlight which is blocked by the glass of the windshield.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

So - question... can your skin collect the necessary UV signals while driving in a car first thing in the morning???

nicld likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

if window is up......no

4. Nittygrittydanny

Nittygrittydanny New Member

is that because of the tint on the window, or does the glass bend the light??

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

glass blocks UV light.

Shijin13 likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is why glasses should not be worn in AM sunlight too if they are glass or plastic with UV protection

nicld and Shijin13 like this.
  7. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

[​IMG]
    A picture graph is worth a thousand words.
    note: there are different types of glasses, this is just the most seen.

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

copy... that's what I was thinking... and why if I'm driving in the AM, I've got my window down, and arm out the window... But I've made a concerted effort to avoid commuting until after 10am...

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

My glasses are off when I'm outside.

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Feynman’s recollection of his time at Los Alamos and his account of the test of the first atomic bomb in 1945.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

12. Butters

Butters New Member

How is it about contact lenses and UV-light? Do the let it through?

13. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Some are specifically are made to block UV light...they will say on the box...