1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How does CT affect the PVN

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Luisa88, May 24, 2019.

1. Luisa88

Luisa88 Silver

After changing more things in my environment I went back to CT (10 minutes in the ocean and cold showers). I honestly love it, how it makes me feel straight after and the whole experience. I miss ice baths.

The problem is it wrecks my sleep and general well-being. I am as wired as anything buzzing. Trouble falling asleep as I’m alert and then waking from 2am-4am just alert as. In fact it seems to mess up all my hormones (I know they are already screwed for the ct to stir them further). I’m like an energiser bunny but not in a good way.

So I figure my PVN still sucks and I’m still adrenal compromised getting these adrenaline and cortisol symptoms. Or can it just be I’m causing so much die off from the CT my body isn’t ready for?

I’m not a typical adrenal fatigue case. It’s when I push things I seem to become such a mess. I love exercise but can’t do it for the same reasons. Guess that’s also still a Leptin issue.

Ive read a lot of the blogs but I’m missing something...

2. Luisa88

Luisa88 Silver

Okay after more reading I think CT could be killing parasites and the resultant cytokines are majorly firing my PVN/ causing excitation and cortisol + adrenaline release. So keep working on my light environment to reduce parasites and then go back to CT?

3. kris90

kris90 New Member

I think your assumptions are correct regarding your light environment. I believe light and the circadian rhythm is very important to nail down first and foremost before being able to get the benefits of CT.

Have you done the Leptin Reset?

4. Luisa88

Luisa88 Silver

Thanks for the reply. Doing the Leptin reset properly currently as did it before but I struggle with eating too much chocolate. I do the BAB religiously and eating within sunlight hours but too much sugar was sneaking in.

I have a feeling my PVN might be more sensitive to excitatory stimuli thanks to the mercury tox of my job but I’m hoping solar light can still settle it. My first 25 years of life light environment is pretty crappy and fluorescent lights + mercury for 5 years (age 18-23) definitely damaged my PVN. Not sure what JK views on mercury are currently, Will look into this.

I know n=1 but how would I know I’m ready to start CT again. Are there any clear cut indicators?

5. kris90

kris90 New Member

How is your EMF exposure? Where are you living?

I think when your sleep becomes optimized, you'll be ready for CT. Poor sleep causes an imbalance of BAT and WAT, and you need BAT for CT to do its magic.

6. Luisa88

Luisa88 Silver

Working on EMF exposure. I live in Perth, Western Australia. Currebtlt 1st level of an apartment. No one beneath us. Had an emf assessment recently and inplementing changes but will move once 5g has be properly rolled out and know location.

We have a cell tower 700m away which is probably the biggest issue currently. Magnetic fields are not bad near us.

Sleep is so much better than ever but not always consistent. Will keep working on it and look more into BAT and WAT. Thanks for the direction!

kris90 likes this.