1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How do YOU relieve stress after one of THOSE days?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by taryn.ourso@gmail.com, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Just wanted to comment that sometimes after a very stressful day (like today), I seem to CRAVE ice on the drive home. It used to be that on a day like today I would cry into a bottle of wine and wake up a hot mess, but this time I fought the urge to buy the wine and just packed myself in ice when I got home. The cold really helps with my emotional stress!

What are some other optimally aligned ways that you alleviate stress besides the ice? I'm looking to build up a good arsenal. I'm a high school teacher and I foresee more of these days between now and May 31st!!!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

today was a pretty bad day in out OR......and I am playing a Pandora list that I never listen to.........cause a day like this never happens........except in nightmares.

3. Sorry to hear about that! I'm sure a bad day in the OR is probably worse than a bad day at the high school! Let's just rock out, learn, and move forward!!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We had a suicide in surgery this AM. Not a good day at all. Walking into the hospital today was a surreal experience all day.

5. Oh man. I can't think of much to say except that my thoughts are with all involved! In the end, the only actions we can really be responsible for are our own, even when our professions require us to care for the wellbeing of others. But things like this can always teach us SOMETHING if we are willing to reflect. If you really think about your own deepest thoughts, there is no way that anyone else in the world could 100% fully understand you. So we can never 100% fully understand the hows and whys of why people might choose to end their lives. Life does continue to move forward, and we must embrace that fact while honoring those who have passed on and learning from their journey.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Big hugs to everyone involved. So incredibly sad

7. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

ohmigosh I am so sorry to hear that, the OR seems like it would be a stressful place in itself, I can't imagine something like that on top of it all.

8. LinD

LinD New Member

So sorry, Dr. K. Very haunting/disturbing, indeed.

My mother took her own life when I was eight years old. I'm always sad when I hear about suicides in the news, people I know, etc. Such a damn waste. Never expected to hear this from you---especially in the OR!

Sprint Samsung Epic

9. thyme

thyme New Member

I am holding you in the light.

10. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

So sorry to hear that... Life can be so fragile, yet we can also choose to be so resilient. I would go for a run, then CT.

11. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

So sorry to hear about that, Dr Kruse - what an awful experience. My thoughts are very much with everyone affected by this.