1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How do you protect yourself from all of this?!

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Tanya, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Tanya

Tanya Gold

2014 consumer electronics show is here now with the emphasis on “internet of things - any object that is connected or run via the Internet.

I must admit that I used to look so much forward to seeing all these new gadgets and some of them even made into my wish list, but this time I have a quite different view of that thanks to this blog.... You can read the whole article, but this is what sent chills down my spine:

By 2050, analysts project, there will be 50 billion Internet-connected devices, or five gadgets for every man, woman and child.
    "It transforms things in pretty significant ways," said Scott McGregor, president and chief executive of Broadcom, an Irvine company that hopes its semiconductors will power this trend. "You're going to see an explosion of devices."

Thanks to smaller, cheaper sensors, speedier wireless connections and the explosion of smartphones and tablets, it's becoming easier and more cost-effective to link just about any object to the Internet.
    Gadget by gadget, people are coming to expect that even the most common things will be more useful when they are connected. Pets. Livestock. Sports equipment. Watches. Power meters. Light bulbs. Washing machines. Thermostats. If you can think of it, someone has probably stuck a sensor on it and connected it to the Internet.
    "I think a lot of this is going to start with the smart home," said Kelly Davis-Felner, a representative of the Wi-Fi Alliance, whose members have played a key role in enabling this connected world. "The smart home is going to be built brick by brick until 10 years from now we're going to be looking back and saying, 'Wow, I can't believe there used to be a time when everything wasn't connected.'"

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ces-internet-things-20140105,0,3796601.story#ixzz2pittZDwW

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

For every ten percent increase in tech spending obesity rises 1% in humans

3. Tanya

Tanya Gold

What a disturbing statistic that is! And how about all those people who are struggling with some serious health issues. For some of us being optimal is just an impossible dream that will never come true, and all you want is to prevent that horrible scenario that you once found yourself in from ever happening again. So much suffering could have been avoided if people only knew what is causing it in the first place....

4. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I like that one....