1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How do you know your Leptin is reset? And how about relapse?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Petra, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Welcome to the fun! It's a process and will be different for each person. Keep reading, thinking, and asking and your journey will be better. The weight loss will come but lots of things must be in good order I think for that to happen. Keep at it and don't give up!

2. Cody

Cody New Member

Honestly, your body will heal itself. You can get the testing done. I'm pretty sure Dr. Kruse did that to quantify that what he was doing was working.

The CT will do it all for you. But you do what you think is best for yourself.

I will leave you with a few thoughts:

A nickel to anyone who knows who said all of the above, and Dr. Kruse is not eligible, as he should be thoroughly familiar with the man's work already...

3. Destiny

Destiny New Member

That would work!! LOL

4. Destiny

Destiny New Member

janagram,

Have your cortisol checked. My nocturnal cortisol is high and it disrupts my sleep. Once you know your test results, it all starts making sense. You a sort of validate what you knew from your symptoms.

5. claudia rowe

claudia rowe New Member

I'd take it as a great favour if patty cakes and others did not make categorical statements about things I did not say.

1. Didn't say I was having cravings of ANY sort.

2. Have not eaten off Leptin rX, not even a mouthful for 8.5 weeks. The weight gain IS NOT due to cravings or any other such nonsense. I eat exactly to plan.

3. The weight gain is due to chronic leptin resistance and has been for more than 8 years, seemingly.

4. The neck tremor is almost gone under the Leptin rX and for that I'm wildly happy.

5. My estrogen, DHEA, pregnenolone, testosterone and cortisol levels are tested every 3 months and are all within normal range.

What mystifies me is that my serum leptin levels, according to Dr Kruse the reason why I'm gaining weight, are worse than they've ever been under this regime.

Again, I'm not eating even a mouthful of anything not prescribed in the plan and I'm taking the full contingent of supplements.

Any ideas that relate to this exact situation (and not something the I didn't say) I'd be so happy to hear.

Many thanks.

6. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Claudia - are your sex hormones near the top of the range? My DHEA & pregnenolone, for instance, are within the lab range, but nowhere near th enumbers needed for optimal. I can dig up and post the optimal numbers (from Dr. Dzugan, I believe) if you think it would be helpful. It seems most often that weight gain during the LR is due to hormonal imbalance, and especially from sex hormone imbalance.

7. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Claudia, you haven't said if you are following an A1 protocol and/or the Leaky Gut Rx with your strict paleo diet/Leptin Rx. I'm wondering about inflammation.

8. claudia rowe

claudia rowe New Member

Oh, I'm following Leaky Gut, kiwilauren. I think inflamation is probably likely and I've had it for a while, I think.

I'm still mystified why, even with the likely inflamation, my leptin levels have suddenly spiked, certainly since I've been on this regime.

The weight gain doesn't worry me at all. I'm so used to eating barely nothing and the weight going up and down by 5-7kg without too much effort.

I am disappointed as I was hoping this rX was the cure for the leptin resistance but if it has stopped the MS-related neck tremor, I'm very happy.

9. Claudia, I apologize for any misunderstanding I may have transmitted. Words in black and white do not always convey the meaning. I really only meant to gave you my experience and exploration of ideas that Dr. Kruse himself told me to look into as my issues seemed to be similar. That was all. No categorical statements as we are individuals and all different with different experiences. Just trying to help as I'm sure the others were ....

10. claudia rowe

claudia rowe New Member

That's a good point, mamagrok. I have sort of guinea-pigged myself over the years to get the right levels for each. Free T3 I keep bang on mid-range, for instance. DHEA slightly towards the top end, pregnenolone way too high, TSH really low, testosterone slightly on the low side etc for no scientific reason but more on the basis of how I feel!

I've always been low carb and always had big energy reserves but have been eating tiny amounts of food for many years now because of weight gain problems. My rT3, not unexpectedly, is always way too high and every trick and hack I've tried has made no difference whatsoever.

As I said in the previous post, I was very confident that the leptin serum levels would drop with this regime. I wasn't expecting them to go up and by quite a bit.

Be interesting to see if others here are having the same experience. I wonder if it's a "gets worse beofre it gets better" thing. Not very scientific, I know, but I'm hopeful.

11. janagram

janagram New Member

Do you guys go to your doc or gyn for these labs? (I realize you can send out to labs on your own,,,,? can you?) And is there a list of labs to have done?

12. Llanabanana

Llanabanana New Member

So what did you do to correct this destiny? I suspect this is me as well...Thanks

13. janagram

janagram New Member

Llanabanana, the LR, or leptin reset is for this and more. It will reset certain hormones to a healthy functioning and then you can sleep as well as lose weight.

14. janagram

janagram New Member

And of course there's CT. which is supposed to amp up the process of LR. (I haven't had the guts to do it yet, but I'm aiming toward it...)

15. Tizawee

Tizawee New Member

I find that my cravings are directly related to the types of carbs I've been eating: when I eat out of season, I get huge cravings. When I get cravings, I take a tablespoon of coconut oil. Kills 'em instantly. I may need another one an hour later, but I keep at the coconut oil until the cravings subside. This only happened in the first few weeks of LR. I'm in week 7 now & haven't had any cravings for several weeks.

And Cody, it was Hippocrates. Please just send me a nickel's worth of ice! :)

Elin

16. janagram

janagram New Member

Dr. K. told me a spoonful of CO is in fact, a snack! ....But what the hey....if it works...its a strategy! (I have snacked...not too often, but sometimes I am having cravings, like you, at night, say....and have had a piece of cheese or some nuts...not great, I know!)

17. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Yes, it IS a snack. It is NOT allowed on the leptin reset unless you have PCOS & subsequent mood and/or energy crashes when you stop snacking and go low carb.

BUT

I used it in the same way as if I did have PCOS, because I had incessant cravings leading to binges that kept me from being able to follow the LR if I *didn't* use CO. So it was a temporary means to an end (by no means intended to be a permanent habit) that kept me from falling off the wagon in the first few weeks.

18. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I started taking a PS supplement - 200 mg and magnesium malate in the evening. I also tested my hormones at the same time so I also went to see my OBGYN to get an estrogen supplement since I was very low on that. In the mid of February, I started with CT. All in all, I sleep better and feel better but it is a process.

19. janagram

janagram New Member

sounds good, Destiny!

Thought this would be a good place to check in. 2 wks in (or is it 3?)...I have given in to cravings a couple times when a snack woulda been better than a binge! (so I took the snack as I mentioned a couple a threads up)....but on the whole its going well! I am sleeping quite well (for me) in spite of the craziness at my house...having entire interior painted and have to squirrel up on first one rm then another...just wild! So, while sleeping in a strange (and more sunlit) room I slept like a baby last night! (tho only 7 hrs...but that's goooood!)

20. Llanabanana

Llanabanana New Member

what is PS????

Sorry for the lack of terminology :confused: