1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

how do you know if you shouldn't take sulphur?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by janagram, Feb 14, 2013.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

How do you know if you shouldn't take sulphur? A naturopath that I only saw twice suggested that maybe I should avoid sulphur but I cannot remember why? Any symptoms to clue us? Or is it all some test?
    (I have started taking Sam-e.....)

2. Rachelle

Rachelle New Member

sulphur in homeopathic form or what?

3. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

If it were me, I'd want a solid reason why. I'd go back and ask for further clarification.

Sulphur is found in many foods such as eggs, broccoli, meat, etc. It's also in MSM which I've been taking but have now stopped since I got my 23andme results.

4. freesia

freesia Old Member

Some people have problems making sulfate out of sulfur (related to the SUOX enzyme reaction IIRC) and sometimes people with that problem can have problems with excess sulfites as a result. This can apparently, impact glutathione levels negatively. You can google sulfite sensitivity and see if you think it might apply to you maybe?

I wouldn't avoid sulfur without a very good, clear reason either.

5. springs

springs New Member

You can order sulfite and sulfate strips to test your urine, if you are concerned. Dr. Yasko offers them, but they're cheaper at CTL Scientific. The CBS mutations will also cause excess sulfite/sulfate. You can also have nutritional deficiencies, like with molybdenum, that will keep sulfites from being turned into sulfates.

6. janagram

janagram New Member

sooooo...Im also taking sam-e....which is a form of sulfur....hmmmm. then I read that it can prevent glutathione production....I just don't know....gonna go look up some stuff.