1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How do you get down off an elephant?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Karen & Glen C., Jul 25, 2020.

1. You don't, you get down off a duck.

I have some loaded questions and seeking advise please. I realise no is a complete sentence due to practitioners and the fine line there on with medical questions.

I've shattered my right collor bone into 5 pieces and it requires surgery with a plate.
    The operation happens in 3 days I'm led to believe and want to hack the operating room as much as I can.

Questions I have so far for the surgeon, whom I'm yet to meet (Australia)

*Can i bring an UV lamp?
    *Is there another alternative for pain other than being put under?
    *Is there another option than a metal plate, like glue?
    *I would like the UV lamp and blue bloclers on if I'm under and in recovery?

Im a bricklayer so forgive my lack of knowledge here but I'm thinking better and wawt to do better.
    My plan is a big CT before I go in and plenty of sun when I come out.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Currently not taking pain killers other than what was offered at ER yesterday 26th.

Huge reguards Glen.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Glen ....so sorry to hear of your situation.

A few things that my DH did before shoulder surgery .....

Jack has a blog for pre and post surgery with recommended stuff to take.

We followed all that ^^^with lots of seafood and sunshine pre op.

We both feel that our biggest win was renting a "game ready" ice/compression machine. Tony's Osteo told us about it and we tracked it down. I think it was from Sydney. Tony went to see a physio who knew about it and he measured Tony for the "game ready cuff" It was delivered to us the day after surgery. We rented it for 30 days for $500.00.

Apparently shoulder surgery is one of the most painful. Tony was off painkillers in 2 days [osteo + neurophen} he never took the RX stuff - didn't need it.

Tony had a fantastic recovery. He would sit on our deck in the sun every day and use the game ready.

So - it is a small machine that you put water and ice in and then it is pumped thru a hose to a cuff that surrounds your operated area. The cuff also has compression if you want it.

Glen - If you want more info please let us know.

Where will you have surgery? Tony had a fantastic surgeon from Sydney who only did shoulder repairs. You really don't want a guy who does all kinds of stuff.

Best of Luck Glen from both of us.

Please keep us posted... If you want to talk to Tony pm me for our phone number.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  3. Hi Caroline, awesome thankyou.
    A tad out of our price range considering the time we are in but thats got me thinking!

Its a local surgeon as far as I know but will certainly interview him about light water and magnetism.

I really appreciate your time and if I get stuck ill definitely pm you.
    Thanks again.

caroline likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Speaking of medicine.
    Alternative medicine may have an edge over the medicine practiced by MDs.
    EXCEPT
    for surgeons.

But you have to be sure that you need surgery.
    Because the guy with the hammer is looking for a nail, and a guy with the scalpel wants to cut something.
    -------------------------------
    Last Thursday, 23 July 2020, I had surgery on my left thigh. NYC hospital.
    I went home the next day.
    I do what my doc told me to do.
    But I do that mostly outside, mostly naked.
    Luckily in Parsippany NJ 07054
    now days are sunny and hot,
    and my backyard is green.

----------------------------------------
    upload_2020-7-26_11-29-10.png
    upload_2020-7-26_11-19-27.png

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  5. Wow - may you have speedy recovery.
    I hope the doc got what he was digging for...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Karen & Glen C. and JanSz like this.
  6. Thankyou for the reply mate.
    Awaiting a phone call from the surgeon today and hopefully it's an open and cut case.
    Still not having meds although I had a small amount of hemp tea last night and that took the edge off some what. About to claw my way into the outdoor tub currently sitting at 6 degrees while listening to jack
    Appreciate your comment and hope your on the mend mate.

7. Anne V

Anne V Silver

Hi @Karen & Glen C.

for pain management , when they opened me in half for aortic valve replacement,
    i did not feel a thing
    as they gave me a whatever u call it , to hold in ur hand and it gives u ???morphine?
    it worked amazingly well
    just panicked when they took the drains off
    as then they take the magic machine away
    that was only 3 days later

they gave me pain killer next day , then next am and then i left hospital with nothing
    1 box of paratecamol :)

went ok .
    i had my blue blockers in hospital . that went for 5 weeks
    i went to buy seafood @ marks and spencer. and went outside as often as i could.

nothing u can eat there.
    when i got tx for heart op
    nothing i could do about food.

depends how long they keep you in
    have u had a chat with the doc?
    when are u going in ?
    tomorrow?

ct good 4 u
    i could not do it

all my best wishes
    you will mend quickly xoxo

Karen & Glen C. likes this.
  8. Anne V

Anne V Silver

I hope you are recovering quickly .
    yes about surgeons . grateful for them .
    :)

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

OMG Jan .....that looks like a horrific incision. How are you doing?

We are sending you are very best wishes for a speedy recovery xo.

I just have to ask you Jan .....was that injury from too much sex?????:rofl::D:eek::alien:

John Schumacher likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Sex is an important part of my life.
    Especially that I have a willing partner.
    I think that for a while I will need some improvisations.
    Any suggestions?

11. Thankyou Anne.
    Fracture clinic called yesterday and I have an appointment at midday but it's only a consultation, I'll fast just in case but not holding my breath for any surgery soon.
    May have to opt for some meds today but the ct (another one shortly) has seen me relatively pain free for several hours.

Using the mitogen before the Sun appears and into the seafood.
    She'll be right, could always be worse.
    Thanks again.

12. If your current magnet (she) is willing, how about a second magnetic?

caroline likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Whatever works for you Jan! Tony didn’t let broken ribs stop him!

a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do :D:D:D

TLC from your lovely lady can take so many very interesting forms :p

14. Met with one of the surdeons today and i was alot more coherent than 4 days ago in A&E, anyway he's recommended against the op and went into detail as to why. The interview started well and I mentioned I had several loaded questions and a couple of requests prior to his advice.

I hit him up about melanopsin, V-A, triptophan*? & melanopsin, apoptosis, autophagy.

He smiled, sat back in his chair and said "I like this"...

He said that because tbwrs no compoud fracture and blood flow and nerve damage aren't an issue its best we wait.
    We circled back to the mito topics and he said, "if your doing all these things (ct, seasonal food, am-pm Sun) I'll heal fast.

By the way, theres 3 pieces od bone and two butterfly floaters.

1595914808240.jpg

Daulatwant, caroline and Inger like this.
  15. Inger

Inger Silver

uhhh that looks bad... :( what did you do???
    Good you are sitting outside in the sun, it will help healing so much :)

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sounds like a very wise surgeon Glen....
    How is your pain level?

17. Hey Caroline, I'm sore as hell until I hope our of the tub, around 08:30 am, after that I'm pretty good until the afternoon, then it kicks in, had to have some pain relief yesterday as I was loading wood and bumped it but it'll be fine.
    Thanks.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

do you have an ice vest Glen? or rig up something? an ice vest for your shoulder/neck?

Also - what about a compression type turtleneck?

19. Morning, no i dont, the morning ct has been unreal, then straight in a hot tub and im great til mid afternoon but even then with Sun baths and a sports rotator cuff brace I bought recently its quite manageable.
    Even managed to assist alot yesterday in digging a 10 mtr by 600 deep trench for electrical cable with my daughter, was very surprised.
    Teaching a martial arts class this morning also. Feel good!
    Ps I do have a compression shirt but rarely use it.

Edit: I feel the dc current working, we do alot of grounding, I've even been laying bricks bare feet and iIcan really feel the current flow through me, no fluoride here for us either. I can't help think how it would've been say 1000 years ago for a primal mamalin the same situation, you know maybe a tree branch or wild animal attack and how they would deal with it, I think theydthheal fast. 1596230173540.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020 at 5:05 PM
    Anne V and caroline like this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Good morning Glen ....I love how you are just "doing it!"

Taking our own health and well being and goals into our own hands ....afterall - it is our own personal quantum journey.