1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How Do We Fix How We Think?

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by indigogirl, Jun 12, 2012.

1. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

If we keep making the same mistakes in terms of how we eat...how can we fix our thinking so we make different choices?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I'll re-read it.

Not finding any of this easy!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nothing in life worthwhile is easy..........and you need to begin to deal with that level of discomfort

5. One of Bruce Lee's students asked him one time advice on how to make his kicks faster. Bruce Lee responded, "Kick faster."

Just change your thoughts. Force it at first. Act as if... Think as if... you are already changing your thoughts. And then you will be. Not exactly concrete advice LOL akin to "just do it" :)

6. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Yuck...I suppose I do. I don't like feeling uncomfortable.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is why you live in the world of avg.........yes I went there.

8. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

You said you were not hungry when you started your Leptin RX.

Does that mean you didn't crave certain foods?

We're you uncomfortable not being able to eat sugar and carbs?

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

none......after 6 weeks I was done with cravings.......when they physically occurred in that time frame.....i destroyed them with my thoughts. My thoughts freed me from avg.

10. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

How did I miss this? I never read it.

I don't mean to be obtuse. How specifically did you destroy your cravings with your thoughts...what did you think?

I really appreciate your help.

11. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

I had no carb cravings in less than a week after starting paleo. Never looked back. This was six months before leptin reset. If you give them up they go away.

12. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I think people with eating disorders have a harder time with this.

13. My suggestions : change your perspective, ask different questions, forget everything you think you know and do the opposite of what got you into the jam in the first place. But most of all, just keep trying until one day it just works. The fact that you're asking means you are close!!

14. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I hope so, Jennifer!

15. Joann

Joann New Member

Everything is energy and that's all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way.

This is not philosophy. This is physics.

Albert Einstein

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

indigo........simple. When you get to a point in your life where nothing works or worked......you have two choices........live with it and shut your pie hole.......or erase yourself and think 180 degrees opposite of how you did your entire life prior to this insight........I chose the latter. Was it easy........nope but it was a wild success........embrace paradox, ambiguity, and discomfort.......because they are your friend. They will shape your future you.......epigenetics.

17. Huck

Huck Silver

Something I have noticed is that when I eat plenty of coconut oil, take pregnenolone, and eat a ketogenic diet, I think differently than when I slack off in these areas. I don't have to try to think differently, the right brain fuel seems to change my thoughts for me.

18. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Can you take pregnenolone without a prescription?

How much do you take, Huck?

I'll google it...

19. Huck

Huck Silver

Pregnenolone is made from cholesterol and is the mother of your steroid hormones. I have low pregnenolone, aldosterone, cortisol, dhea, testosterone, etc. and taking pregnenolone really helps me. I take 150 mg/day of Nutricology Micronized Lipid Matrix. I started with a different brand and it didn't help. The Nutricology brand was recommended by jansz and gives me a noticeable boost in energy. No prescription is needed. I think the recommended dose is lower for women than men, so please check before taking 150 mg. You also don't need it unless your steroid hormones are low.

20. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

My testosterone and DHEA are low and I don't use BHRT for them because them make me break out. I have been taking 7 Keto DHEA for a few weeks and don't feel any different.

I'll look into the dosage.

Thanks!