1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How do MTHFR snp's effect redox potential

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Aerose91, Jan 19, 2016.

1. dantothep

dantothep Follow life's little clues...

This thread reminds me of one when I decided to leave London with my family. You don't have to go to the equator, just somewhere which isn't extremely built up and has Sun and lots of it. I picked the south coast of Spain, in the hills of Malaga 30 mins from the coast (which is built up), we have Sun here ALL YEAR, not UVB all year, but UVA and IR none the less.

If money is no issue then the Maldives (Embuhdu was a good choice 7 yrs ago - as was basic too) or Cape Verde would be good - its your call just don't get too neurotic about being in the UK - that too has negative effects.
    ScottishEmma likes this.
  2. Paul Keenan

Paul Keenan New Member

To be an arrogant prick or not..............

You have made your decision.
    Michael CULLEN likes this.
  3. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Hi @dantothep we are moving to Nerja in September. I know it's pretty built up but it's a start. We were thinking of Frigliana as it's further up the mountains away from people. Are you in the other direction?
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Bye Paul. Enjoy your life.
    Sean Waters and Allin like this.
  5. Scompy

Scompy Gold

<Sigh> Now I have to share a personal story and have to be mindful of what I reveal to the public. As a video game designer for the past 22 years, the issue of 'subjectivity' enters the picture on a daily basis. When AAA+ titles are on the line with a massive budget, you have to do what is best for the masses... a general form of appeasement and throw away personal desires. However, some of the 'radical' viewpoints in design are typically the most risky that begs the question, "Will the masses like this game or totally hate it?" Big business guys typically shy away from anything risky and go with a formula that works for them to continue to appease the masses. Ultimately, the mass of humanity playing the same type of game over and over say, "I've seen this before in the last 6 games I've played. It's nothing new. It's an old type of design. I'm done. Goodbye." But those few designers that take the risk to express something totally radical and new often end up on the top of the mountain of $mula$ because they had vision, and didn't hold anything back. They used their subjectivity to make a game that was most liked with all of the CONNECTIONS integrated within the mind before the first data point of code was ever put onto the screen.

Making a game is a completely subjective process because each individual believes he or she is correct in their ANALysis because the rules can be changed on a whim in one's personal life with outlook and opinions. More times that not, people lose sight of *why* another person advocates a position, set or rules, opinions or systems in a certain way or manner. To be closer to the definition of "open-minded" and to have acquired wisdom to make insightful judgments, attaining a thicker skin is required in the formula if a person can handle the knocks of life. In the past, I could get angered and really pissed off at other people until I realized I was creating the stress internally and not correctly EXTRACTING THE INFORMATION that I desired for my own self-improvement and benefit. I realized I had been focusing on emotional impact rather than content of the message in the first place. For these reasons when I make a game today, I do not exclude any source of information or any person's POV, ever. I view everyone as an "information trough" filled with some detail I might be lacking. I could CARE LESS about how the world perceives that person because I view that person as a brother or sister in this world. Because of the thick-skin I've acquired, there's very little a person can do to me to throw me any type of emotional wrench anymore... only those that are very close to me of course could push a button, but it's up to me to be mindful of my buttons to be a better person. I actually love it when a person stands out from the norm and ruffles the feathers of other people... that's a sign of wisdom in my book, especially when it's clear the ruffling is a STRATEGY. Perception is usually narrative, and narrative is usually a fictional story. Perceptional judgement based on narrative shows a greater need for wisdom and self-reflection. We all take different paths, and we all have the ability to fill up that gas tank of wisdom.

What happens in our real lives is not the loose canvas within video game design. Scientific observations tell us more about the Laws of Nature that are highly detailed and quirky also. To get closer to the truth about what's happening in this area, feathers will be ruffled, especially living in a world where a good slice of the scientific observation has been omitted on purpose or buried. It's up to the Sherlock Holmes and citizen scientists of the world to help show what is already known, but even more important, to have the mental faculties to make the connections (the design ideas from my video game perspective) where others simply could not see how the connection is being made in the first place. Often times, even with knowledge and details, the potential applications do not register in the minds of the well-learned. Ironically, the biophysics in play, for good or ill, is often influencing that person's world to acquire knowledge without seeing how many amazing ways the knowledge can be applied.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

7. NADme

NADme New Member

Hi Jack.

I have followed your link from my introduction thread. My research time has been decreased due to owning a substance abuse detox clinic where we use NAD. In the interim, while I have not had enough time to get into the detail concerning fasting, light and seafood, I can confirm that the limited NAD infusions that I conducted on myself, which was only about 3000mg over a number of 500ml bags, has not affected my obesity.

CARDIAC
    However, NAD did, and it has sustained, help mitigate the persistent, chronic atrial fibrillation, which caused a stroke in Sept. 2004. Interesting in that my beats per minute (BPM) are usually 80 with 120mgs of fast acting cardizim/diltalizim morning and night. Due to the calcium homeostatisis effect NAD brings via the three ribose expressions.

I knew before infusing that inducing tachycardia was a real possibility. My BPM increased to 100 and sustained for the infusion. Subsequent infusions not so increased, but in all infusions so far the asyncopation increased during infusion and AF was more pronounced.

However, an interesting event occurred, when the infusion finished, and the anxiousness most feel on NAD infusions receded. Tranquility, state of awareness and mental acuity boosted within about 10-15 minutes of ceasing the infusion. The lub dub of my heart more defined with only 3-4 slight pauses a minute now, no skips no doubles. Key in that NAD is a NOS booster, which I usually have to turn to aminos for that effect, not a coenzyme derivative.

It would appear between the dosing of cardizim and the NAD there is an antagonistic effect that is offsetting each other and net sum lower BPM in low 70's now with definitely greater beat tonality.

METABOLIC
    My first 500mg/500ml bag of NAD I infused I also used about 30 sprays of the EASE Mg spray the same day for the first time. I am not sure if it was the combo or what but my body thermals went to 101F and sustained. It put me in bed and while I iced my head wondering just how high the temp increase would go, and while I felt miserable for 24 hours, I lost 10-15lbs. I thought, I'll show Jack!

I have not been able to reproduce this effect during subsequent infusions.

OTHER
    I have briefly scanned the information sources in this thread and elsewhere. As stated, I live in Florida; seafood, sunlight and outdoors is part of my daily life. I am not sure what the fast times are supposed to be, so I will assume intermittent, a day a week? The idea of not eating to lose weight seems to be extreme. Should not our metabolisms be enough without having to alter to that extent? I have people all around me counting steps and doing 3 hours walks trying to force down plateaus in weight reduction. As applied, it seems in the same venue of; Don't Eat = Lose Weight.
    A bit lack luster on the brilliant scale of self hack.

WITH EMPHASIS
    When I travel from Florida I start to dump massive amounts of water, 10-15 lbs in a few days. It happened when I went to Tennessee and to Virginia, repeatable, while inside, out of the sun, not eating seafood and not fasting. In fact, this occurrence happens during the holidays when all poor food choices occur most. How is this accounted for when I apply the sunlight, ground to the East, seafood, fast fix? It seems just the opposite for me.

My other concern is at least four concussions in my life so far and iron deposits on my pituitary from hemochromatosis.

SIDEBAR
    Research found citations of chlorophyll + Red Light = 40%-60% increase in the recycling of CoQ10/Ubiquinol. Is it reasonable to think other enzymes in the mitochondria experience the same recycle increase? Enzymes such as PQQ and NAD.

I am going to incorporate fasting on a more regular basis. If I am bagging general nutrient IV's like a Myers cocktail will I be interrupting your program?

Thanks for your time and consideration.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  8. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Ketosis should result from a fasting state,

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-cortisol-levels.14194/page-75#post-226332

==========================
    It is not about not eating
    it is about creating condition of low insulin level.

High insulin level will prevent using body fat for energy.
    High insulin level prevents loose of weight.
    Diabetic person, injecting insulin makes sure that he will not loose weight.

Just anticipation of eating
    without actual food consumption
    may/will result in raising insulin level.

==========================
    seanb4 likes this.
  9. NADme

NADme New Member

could always just take berberine to reduce a1C, although berberine causes a time delay in the s-t ekg wave

if you remember i went high fat, bullet proof coffee etc and i ended up in the hospital with ketoacidosis, urinating blood and my uric acid went up into the high 20's . Sure the first 30 days lost weight and felt great, but no one tells you that ketones compete with uric acid for excretion.
  10. NADme

NADme New Member

Unreal Tournament for the Win!
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you need to read Tensegrity 2 blog.......to understand what increases in cell volumes and obesity really mean. And when you do that listen to the Oct 2017 webinar and Q & A. It lays it all out.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Circadian polymorphisms associated with affective disorders goo.gl/58gzXr

SNP's and SAP's with haplotype tell you what your tissues are optimized too to avoid affective disorders. Not everyone can live in every place. That is the message.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Silver

This is a new (to me) bread crumb.
    But I had a feeling that this message was coming.
    Thank You.

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

There is some context with this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Jansz is you decide to come to Mexico Emma from UK needs a roomate to lower costs. You two should consider it.
    drezy likes this.
  16. NADme

NADme New Member

Wondering if you ran into Ellis down there? I appreciate your replies Jack and want to assure you I take them very seriously and have read Tensegrity 2 and am getting to the other references you provided. However, I have a simple question for you specific to me:

• I can remove the mercury, which the last of it goes on 11/29.
    • I can detox and test and get all of the heavy metals out of my body or to a point on current testing referred to as minuscule.
    • I can reset my gut with my program that will hammer candida and address leaky gut.
    • I am already engaged in intermittent fasting for the last 3 weeks, that 10pm carbo crave is difficult.
    • I can optimize the mitochondria
    • I can tweak and have my hormones and metabolites spot on
    • I can eat seafood until I grow gills
    • I can stand in the morning sun and fast as I am
    • I can HBOT at 1.3 atmos/100% O2 and sit in IR saunas
    • I can load high grade NAD IV's and balance using spectracell and organic acid testing and bioindividualize my micronturient cocktailing on a weekly basis.
    HOWEVER, can a guy who had an ischemic stroke in 2004 that left a 1cm infarct on my basal ganglia, who has hemochromatosis (hetero for h63d and c282y, never tested for the other mutes since they were not identified at the time and the testing was not available, but can conclude my HFE gene is mutated), whereby the iron overload has resulted in signaling impairment due to deposition iron on my pituitary, liver and gonads.....does a guy like me even stand a chance to think I can ever get to a height and weight proportional body again?

I am of the opinion, based on testing, that my anterior lobe is messed since 65 pages of GH testing shows only a 1.2 rise during multiple glucagon provocatives.

I now cash pay for Pfizer genotropin miniquicks, since their bridge program is BS, and my sleep is up from 4 hours to 6.5+ and my SHBG and E2 are perfect at 25. The feedback loop from GH has an interesting affect on Total and Free T and seems to function like an adaptagen when I load 80 mgs of T cyp weekly to only have to take micro doses of anastrozole compounded at .05 mg per capsule for a total of 3 caps = .15 anastrozole/week for an AI. The GH without a doubt has a stabilizing effect on E2 and SHBG. Janz will vouch how I use to test weekly for E2 and would chase it for literally years.

I am 53 and tired of watching life go by. Since the stroke, I have had to retrain myself to walk two additional times due to ketoacidosis when I pushed myself down 30 lbs with an extreme high fat diet to include bulletproof coffee. Great for 30 days then it all went wrong with uric acid elevations pushing 30 and urinating blood, alot of blood, for a week. I am lucky I did not have renal failure and could have easily went on dialysis. My BUN, Creatinine and eGFR are ok now. The NAD and ALA drips have helped immensely in restoring renal capacity.

Your insights seem to be very substantiated and I appreciate more than you know how you back up your conclusions. I get the cortisol implication and morning sun and AMPK and how it works.

However, is it all for naught due to the iron deposition and what I have detailed or do I stand a fighting chance?
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  17. JanSz

JanSz Silver

HEMO
    @NADme

I am missing use of RO water in your description in post #116 above.
    Aquafina (by Pepsi) or any other generally available (cheap) RO water.
    Using it may further optimize your mitochondria.
    You may want to test and monitor your body's DDR status ($250/test)

Also, you may get better view of your
    Steroid Hormone Panel
    by getting DUTCH test.

When you do Fatty Acids Analysis
    look up your (C24:0) status.
    Should be in the mid range or within plus minus 25% of it.
    If not, it is highly significant and you can improve on it by working on your DDR.

///
    ///
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    NADme likes this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You can but you need to be in a place where the ferromagnetis effects of free iron are limited: Equator. Magnetic field power is strong at poles.

https://www.facebook.com/drjackkruse/posts/1956802657717412
    Brent Patrick likes this.
  19. philip malone

philip malone Silver

I just HAVE to say I love this post. Thanks.
  20. NADme

NADme New Member

JanSz likes this.