1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How do MTHFR snp's effect redox potential

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Aerose91, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

I did 23andme (mthfr c677 +/+) and also a methylation panel and it shows impared methylation. I dont think treating that should be of primary concern but in the redox rx it states that MTHFR snp's can impare redox. Since im working on improving my redox above all else right now im wondering how the mthfr snp influences that. Does this imply that if someone is in a disease state with poor redox, supplementing around this snp will help improve redox faster? Like i said before, of course im doing the other stuff, too, but the more the merrier

2. JMO

JMO Silver

I always took it to mean that SNPS improve when your redox improves so you don't need to supplement. Fix your redox (make your cells more energy efficient) and SNPs aren't such a problem.

rlee314, Jude and Joe Gavin like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Vitamin D is, from evolutionary and biological perspective is an endogenous neuro-hormone rather than a nutrient. It is very likely that ultraviolet light-initiated endogenous synthesis of vitamin D is safer than oral intake from a quantum perspective. SNP's are the most misunderstood thing in healthcare today because eno one has a quantum viewpoint in healthcare. All SNP's are a result of a change in the local zip code to optimize mitochondrial heteroplasmy. During most of human evolution, people spent considerable time outdoors and exposed to sunlight. Ultraviolet (UV) radiation in sunlight initiates the conversion of steroid precursors in the skin to vitamin D from sulfated cholesterol. People who live and work in sunny climates synthesize approximately 10,000-20,000 IU of vitamin D daily, which is approximately 50-100 times more than the recent U.S. governmental recommendation of 200 IU (5 mcg) daily for children and for adults up to age 50 years. These were recently elevated by the US but are still woefully low. Recommended levels increased modestly to 400 IU daily for people ages 51-70 years and 600 IU daily for people age 70 and older. If you are obese your ability to make is also lowered. No one altered their dosing and if you have dark skin you need even more vitamin D. No altered their dosing regimen. The body’s innate ability has a deep lesson for the quantum clinician. It can safely produce 10,000-20,000 IU of vitamin D daily. In fact, today I produced 411 IU per minute at my current location. When you consider our endogenous ability in conjunction with our evolutionary heritage from the East African rift zone, this data strongly suggests that this high saturation levels in the blood might be biologically optimal for health. Such a high level of vitamin D is capable of saturating the VDR receptor, and VDR polymorphisms remain of little consequence as long as high (historically normal) vitamin D levels are maintained. What happens when humans invent a modern world that disconnects them from the evolutionary history? Over the past 50,000 years, endogenous synthesis of vitamin D has become less reliable than in earlier times, a trend that has continued and even accelerated over the past century. Technology has steepened the slope of the deficit. Around 50,000 years ago, humans migrated away from the equator and became subject to significant seasonal variations in UV ray exposure and vitamin D synthesis. In addition, wearing more clothes, spending little time outside, wearing sun glasses and sun screen when out doors, and spending more time indoors at home, in offices, and in autos has also greatly limited exposure to UV rays and reduced vitamin D synthesis. There is also evidence that a major component of the modern diet–consumption of refined and whole grains–reduces which harbors high levels of bromine alters vitamin D metabolism in the skin by altering the dielectric constant in water in cells in our eyes and skin. As vitamin D synthesis has declined, the health risks related to VDR polymorphisms appear to have become more problematic. Recent research has identified numerous polymorphisms in the VDR associated with low vitamin D blood levels and an increased risk of disease. A high prevalence of VDR gene polymorphisms have been identified in people with osteoporosis, periodontal disease, type 2 diabetes, Addison’s disease, inflammation, psoriasis, and breast, prostate, and colon cancers. Indeed, the relation- ship between low vitamin D and cancer is so well established that there is widespread research on vitamin D analogs as chemo- therapeutic drugs. Low levels of vitamin D also have been found in people with type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and congestive heart failure, suggesting that VDR gene polymorphisms may be involved in these diseases as well. It is possible that modern increases in longevity, with subsequent increases in random age-related genetic mutations, amplifies the deleterious effects of VDR gene polymorphisms. https://www.jackkruse.com/time-10-can-you-supplement-sunlight/

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Let me use an example here: A1298C. Aerose this SNP is an epigenetic modification for the environment your mitochondrial come from. All mitochondrial DNA comes from mom. Where mom comes from is coded for in your % heteroplasmy. Today’s modern humans who think they understand SNP’s will recommend taking supplements for this by itself. I won’t ever tell you that first. You need to move to an equatorial zone and see how you do then consider supplementation. Understanding quantum evolutionary health is the key in my opinion. A variety of genetic polymorphisms reduce the biological activity of folic acid and vitamin D pathways and increase the risk of specific diseases in humans. MTHFR defects are always linked to changes in environmental light exposure to sunlight. If you understand the linkage you might find out you don’t need a supplement. Extreme equatorial sunlight is well known to reduce folate in tissues. Normally this will reduce the amount of RBC’s in equatorial humans because we need folate’s to maintain them. Recall that RBC’s contain both porphyrins and hemoglobin. Both proteins absorb UV light. When you absorb a lot of UV light you also raise venous oxygen saturation so you do not need as much oxygen carrying capacity from hemoglobin. In this way the the homo defect of A1298C is a key "fuse switch" for an environment who has a lot of UV light and a lot of oxygen. This local environment would be close to the equator and at sea level next to a large amount of plants who are excellent photosynthetic yield. This ideal environment was found in human history from the East African rift zone and the exodus out of Africa to the Mediterranean basin. This is likely where you got this SNP. A 23andme test would tell you where your maternal DNA came from to give you a clue to this link to light and a high oxygen tension. People rarely realize that oxygen levels are ideal temperature sensors for a quantum biologist. Look up Harold Urey some day. You might learn something about our quantum ecosystems. Mitochondria use oxygen as its only terminal electron acceptor…….and that determines electron flow on the electron chain transport. There are places on Earth that call for these specific SNP’s to maintain mitochondrial DNA heteroplasmy at low rates. This is Doug Wallace’s basic research.

The environment dictates how mitochondria work and SNP’s are fine tuner’s for the local environment you are inhabiting. Today, humans go to places their genome is not adapted too. If you have a SNP you likely are one of those people.

Consider, for example, polymorphisms in the gene encoding methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase interfere with folic acid-dependent biochemical activities. These can help people in a high UV high O2 environment, but they can be deadly to a person who lives outside the tropics and at high altitude. Why? The SNP’s would then increase the risk of neural- tube defects and coronary artery disease in off spring. Today most alternative practitioners tell people like you this. They have no idea there was a huge benefit to these SNP’s because of a specific environment that your mitochondrial DNA is adapted too.

Similarly, polymorphisms in the gene encoding the vitamin D receptor increase the risk of osteoporosis, breast and prostate cancers, and other diseases when people live in a low UV and low O2 environment. Your SNP and VDR SNP’s are linked because of the link to light and O2. If these polymorphisms had been disadvantageous during human evolution, they would have been completely eliminated from the gene pool. But, you are proof that this is not true. WHY? Large numbers of people still carry these prehistoric polymorphisms. During human evolution, high dietary levels of folic acid and regular exposure to sunlight (catalyzing the production of vitamin D in our skin) likely saturated genetic and biochemical pathways and compensated for any deleterious effect of these polymorphisms. The environment is the key.

Today, lower intake of folic acid and less exposure to sunlight increase the risk of diseases arising from these surviving prehistoric polymorphisms. Why? Look at a global population map. Few people today live in areas on the equator with high UV light and high O2 tensions. This is your idealized ecosystem Shane. Equador might be a great place for people with this SNP. If you live outside the tropics and in a low O2 environment, supplemental micronutrients and regular exposure to sunlight MIGHT offset any negative health consequences of these polymorphisms. In today’s modern world, blue light and nnEMF make someone with your SNP’s at a WAY higher risk of disease generation because they both increase heteroplasmy of your mitochondria. The smarter move for somebody with this SNP might be to understand why humans have it. Once you do, you begin to understand what it says about the environment where the SNP was made. For your A1298C a C is replaces the normal A at location 1298 on the MTHFR gene. This gene encodes the enzyme methyl-enetetrahydrofolate reductase. Reduces 5-10 methylene THF to,5 methyl-THF for methionine biosynthesis. If yours is not working well you can attempt to by-pass this limitation by supplementing with 5 methyl-THF as most “food guru’s will tell you but I won’t tell you that because of what I wrote above. SNP’s are signals of where our mitochondrial DNA is optimized. That is determined by maternal mitochondrial DNA inheritance. Humans move way more than other animals hence, why we believe SNP’s cause disease ONLY!!!!! They only cause disease when we live where we should not be because SNP's link to our maternal mitochondrial DNA lineage.

5. oceanstarz

oceanstarz New Member

excellent!

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You need a human pic. Last warning.

7. This is awesome!!! Sorry, I get so excited again, when I read such amazing threads... :thumbsup::thumbsup::glasses::glasses:

Nature is like a complete work of art- no loose ends, everything with an inert beauty and logic, no randomness. Wonderful!

Curves, rlee314 and caroline like this.
  8. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

What if you inherited the SNP's from your father?

9. Starfish Prime

Starfish Prime New Member

I need to digest this when I am in the sun and not under blue light:eek:

Toby King likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

heterozygous
    SNP's rarely are a problem unless you have a total shit environment. Most do and won't bio hack it......because they refuse to move.

Catalin, Curves, rlee314 and 3 others like this.
  11. Danny

Danny New Member

Maybe I should consider a 23 and Me or some other DNA test. I've read your comments about the limitations of testing in general, but it sounds like getting tested for your ancestry alone is worth it. I know I have methylation SNPs, but I know nothing about the details. I learned about methylation when I was first introduced to you in a podcast and it made sense to not supplement my way through them. I know I have issues w/ sulfur. I was at a high sulfur springs about 2 months ago. I had digestive, skin, and brain issues for a day or two after swimming in the water for an hour or 2. Considering my rural environment, I'm hoping multiple trips inside the tropics, for a week or two, around their summer solstices will reverse my SNPs. Maybe my ancestry or the severity of my % heteroplasmY would warrant a longer stay or move inside the tropics. My trips... Mexico in June, Keys in July, maybe Costa Rica in August, and maybe Peru in February.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  12. Danny

Danny New Member

The 23andme ancestry portion seems to be vague. Others look more detailed... will do more searching

13. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

so...having the 1298 +/- snp i'm glad i moved to hawai'i!! thank you for this thread!

lilreddgirl likes this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is why some people do better in the middle of the Pacific and not living at a high latitude on the East or West coast.

lilreddgirl likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Remember sleep links to UV light by way of aromatic amino acids that make melatonin that allows us to sleep well right?

Now for the rest:
    Sun light on our gonads/mammary glands is capable of slowing down our peripheral clock gene's in these tissues relative to our SCN, hence lowering our chance of oncogenesis. This is move an optimal human male/female makes. Why? It's a "relative testosterone" booster by indirectly raising our RBC's mass while simultaneously lowering estrogen levels in these tissues. For men this increases testosterone and lowers estrogen in all body parts, but in women it is a boon for the breasts. Too much estrogen unopposed drives mammary gland growth. The porphyrins and hemoglobin allowed the capability of absorbing UV light to fuel the transformation of cholesterol to 7-Dehydrocholesterol to stabilize our epithelial surfaces over over our gonads/mammary glands. 7-Dehydrocholesterol is a semiconducting protein in our skin and epithelial tissues that takes the native EMF solar signal of light (with melanin and sulfated cholesterol and water) and changes it to a chemical signal that the brain samples to control peripheral and central circadian timing in our clock genes. How does this occur?

The photoelectric effect has been extensively studied in plants. It has been found to be massively energy efficient. The rate of energy capture by the photoelectric effect in plants is immense. It is approximately 100 trillion watts (1 trillion watts = 1 terawatt). This is ten times the current the current power consumption of the human species today. It is clear the photoelectric effect is very powerful for plant life that they could evolve just using water, CO2, and light to make nutrients. Animals are not connected into the ground 100% of the time, nor do they have their semiconductors (canopy of leaves) in the sunlight 24/7. So animal life had to come up with a new way to use the photoelectric effect to power its version of life. It did. It used DHA and water to build a powerful battery that was constantly recharged by solar power. Sulfated Vitamin D3 in our skin is a semiconductor LED designed to transfer the sun’s power to our hypothalamus by way of our blood plasma. The blood plasma then distributes the chemical message to our gonads/mammary glands. The brain uses this signal to OPTIMIZE SLEEP. The sun can increase the electric charge present in our plasma and our neuroepithelium simultaneously in this way.

Using real world experiments and the laws of nature that Einstein uncovered and showing you how Vitamin D3 use them as well. I have told you the leptin receptor is the accountant in the brain that measures photons and electrons. The epithelium and brain both come from the same material in an embryo. This tissue is called neuroectoderm. This shows you another quantum principle at play. At one time in all life the skin and brain were connected. Here is another twist you might not know. In the embryo, neuroectoderm receives a light signal from bone morphogenetic protein which absorbs UV light. This is an inhibiting signals from a protein called noggin. Noggin leads to the development of the nervous system from this tissue. Here we see how bone tissue can directs neuroepithelial and brain formation. Robert Becker's life's work established that bone formation was quantum because it used the photoelectric effect by rectifying its current. Now we see bone helps form the brain indirectly. This is how Vitamin D3 is important in both tissues. This implies the brain, gonads, and breast tissue is also quantized. Everything is connected in a quantized system. This is the key principle behind coherence in the living matrix of all biology. The key is realizing the system is quantized to begin with. Are there more connections you should be aware of with the skin? Yes. The integumentary system covers the surface of the embryo and its specialized skin structures including hair, nails, sweat glands, MAMMARY GLANDS and teeth. As a system it has contributions from all embryonic layers. This means that every system at some level is tied to sulfated Vitamin D3 in some way, and it is why the sulfation of Vitamin D3 by the sun is important to understand.

Ladies reading this should stop........and now realize why they need their breasts in the sun for wellness too. A woman's gonads, ovaries, are deep hidden from the sun, but not from the Vitamin D3 signal, but their breasts are out in the open awaiting the sun signal. What happens when women bury the sun from her life? READ THE LINK ENCLOSED.

In our adult form, the skin and our brain are no longer are ‘physically‘ connected. What binds their function together physiologically? Sulfated Vitamin D3 levels is the short answer. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/310032.php…

16. Curves

Curves Guest

I'm heterozygous for this (A1298c) and, among others, the MTHFR C677T and VDR bsm and taq SNPs. My ancestors are H5 out of Anatolia. This might explain why Oregon, while better than San Francisco, might not be my optimal environment -- especially during winter. I'm wondering though, is my high O2 environment offsetting this as we live in a rain forest surrounded by tall Doug Fir trees? Considering all my SNPs I'm pretty friggin healthy!

Inger likes this.
  17. Curves

Curves Guest

This thread is pure gold. I didn't understand it well back then.
    Case in point. I've got a bunch of SNPs - "worse case scenarios blahdie blah". At first I absolutely got a big boost from M12 and MFolate. Now, that I'm soaking in natural sunlight and boosting my D3 (will test for exact number at the end of the month but my guess it's in the 60s), I don't need MB12 or MFolate. Frankly, I'm also way smarter. Jack for the win.

I've also started practicing deeper breathing. Since I live in an oxygen rich environment and since 02 is the terminal receptor I thought this might give me an additional boost. I notice a shift in my energy as soon as I get out among the trees.

shah78 likes this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Good.......now go tell all the others that think pills will solve a light quanta problem. Those food guru's are everywhere.

Curves likes this.
  19. Curves

Curves Guest

I just took a walk in 98 degree heat while everyone in the neighborhood was hiding indoors, and I was thinking -- I don't remember feeling this energized and smart since I was a kid - for real.

I am in the process of building a platform to help supplant the food gurus, and I'm super excited about it. When you feel this good, you can't keep it a secret.

Favorite John Ott quote of the day.

Attached Files:

• 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      609.9 KB
      Views:
    Lahelada, shah78 and fitness@home like this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Look at the two bottom charts. (At first skip top article).
    Do not take cyano-cobalamine.
    Aim at
    Homocysteine (8-10)
    if
    you have a hard time to get homocysteine right
    read top article.
    ----------
    If
    you want precise and actionable information get
    Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis (buy, cash, over internet, mostly USA, Canada some Europe only)
    spectracell.com
    https://www.spectracell.com/patients/patient-products-mnt-hormones-intro-page/

https://www.spectracell.com/patients/find-a-drawsite/

https://www.spectracell.com/order/
    =======================
    =======================
    IF
    need
    this is not bad choice:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Thorne Research, 5-MTHF, 5 mg, 60 Veggie Caps
    Thorne Research - 5-MTHF Folate Supplement - 5 mg Folate - 60 Capsules
    by Thorne Research
    $63.90($1.06/Count)

But
    before
    you use that

correct all that Spectracell tells you that is deficient or borderline.
    ===================================
    ===================================

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Dawn and (deleted member) like this.