1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How do MTHFR snp's effect redox potential

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Aerose91, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

As stated in the redox rx. Im wondering how MTHFR mutations effect redox potential, and is taking methylfolate enough to counter this?

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Something I learned here along the way... Just because you have +/- or +/+ SNPs (i.e. MTHFR) doesn't mean they are expressing.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^that

enyaw likes this.
  4. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Ive heard that, too. If you're homozygous for a gene though dont you have at least some reduction in functioning, regardless of epigenetics?

5. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

My understanding is that no, you don't have reduction if they are not expressing...

The confusing thing on it is, I think you already have to have good redox, so that they Don't express...

So if you already have poor redox they are probably expressing so now what?

Aerose91 and Danny like this.
  6. shah78

shah78 Gold

@Aerose91 The MTHFR "thing" is "SO Phoenixrising.me" :) Thousands of lost souls , no one ever is cured. NO ONE. Just a fund raising scam.. I've got more snp's than almost anyone on that site. I have almost NO EXPRESSION of them anymore if I "Krusify "myself "mercilessly" every hour of every day. Stay away from that site. Spend your time here. Good luck.

Janek, kvond, Danny and 5 others like this.
  7. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Well put

8. shah78

shah78 Gold

What now?...... Fix your redox.

Danny, Inger and lilreddgirl like this.
  9. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

The question about MTHFR snp's i asked is from Dr Kruse's redox rx. If it doesn't matter then why was it mentioned?

10. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

@shah78

so you're saying, expressing SNP's lower your redox,

but you can fix your redox without addressing that additional redox burden specifically...

Danny likes this.
  11. shah78

shah78 Gold

12. shah78

shah78 Gold

My impression is that he mentioned it, to dispel the "bullshit" of vitamin salesman/Phoenixrising.com crowd/dead end. When has the man ever wavered from the three legged stool "uber alles" ? It's getting close to two million words!!

caroline and Danny like this.
  13. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

What is the misunderstanding? Of course that's not the only thing mentioned but its still mentioned so another thing to do. If its another thing that will help than it's worth it. Where does that imply we're not doing the other stuff? I think it's pretty well understood here that light, water and magnetism are the most importanr things.

14. shah78

shah78 Gold

Full disclosure. I still take some Folate and some MB 12. The dose , doesn't seem to matter . The dose of the sun, Gulf of Mexico, CT is everything. ........ And believe me, I"VE SEEN YOUR HOUSE" :) I know you are all in!!!!!!!!

Curves and Danny like this.
  15. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Thank you, @shah78. Yes, i am, thats why im asking this question

Danny likes this.
  16. shah78

shah78 Gold

I owe fifty per cent of my total recovery (up to this point)to you @Aerose91 !!!!!!!!!!! I was hanging out way too much at Phoenixrising.com when I first contacted you after seeing you on both this site and that one. You wrote something outrageously influential in my recovery. You described Jack's work in a matter of fact way, but for some reason it changed my 50 percent compliance level into a 100% compliance level (so far). It was an inadvertent, gentle but most profound kick in the ass ! You had no idea you were doing it, but I've been resonating from it for over a year and a half now. ..... So it's not without irony that I just told you to stay off Phoenixrising.com .

Curves, Starfish Prime, Danny and 3 others like this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nice shah........and even better Aerose.

enyaw likes this.
  18. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Well @shah78 im not sure what i said but always happy to hear someone is improving. I hope you continue unabated.

I haven't been on that board in a long time but i dont spend much time on any boards, i pretty much know my plan and stick to it. I just ask questions if things come up or i need a contingency. I forge my way with things that seem logical and reasonable, though executive function is really tough these days due to my illness.

However based on what we've already talked about im still wondering, how does the MTHFR snp directly influence redox potential?

enyaw likes this.
  19. JMO

JMO Silver

I did the 24&me and spent some time looking at Yasko and reading up on my SNPs. My background is a software developer and I've been in this field for a long time. Performance tuning was important back then because our processor speeds could not handle the workload. We could get by for awhile by adjusting buffers or making some code more efficient but it was always better to get a faster CPU....then everything was efficient again and you didn't have to have to tweak this process or that process and you didn't have to worry about speeding up one process but creating a bottleneck someplace else. This is kind of how I look at SNPs now. If I try to tweak my system with supplements then I may create a bottleneck someplace else. Why not give your system a faster CPU (improve redox) and let it do what it needs to do.

Curves, Deb and Danny like this.
  20. JMO

JMO Silver

Oops...fat fingered that..23&me

Valsun12, kvond and Penny like this.