1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How do I determine if I'm Cold Adapted?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Shijin13, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ok. Jack in the following Thread: http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?959-When-to-re-test&p=15678#post15678 you mentioned your temp should rise.

prior to the reset my normal temp range was 96.6-97.6. I could never get my body temp anywhere close to *normal* 98.6. Now I'm always running hot. currently right now I'm running at 99.3! but I don't feel HOT, nor do I feel like I'm running a temperature. I do feel like my internal engine is on fire. Is this what you were referring to regarding temp rises?

I can easily sit in a a 50degree bath w/ 3-bags of ice - for 1hr w/out a problem... some times I'll get the shivers the last 5mins -but they are getting less... and If I do get the shivers its only for 5-10mins; where before I'd be cold for a good hour afterwards. However sometimes I still feel cold.

so am I cold adapted? or just on my way?

2. quelsen

quelsen New Member

how long did it take you to get to this point Gretch?

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Jon

I'd say it took me 6-8 weeks for the internal engine to fully turn on; Plus the body temp has been slowly rising... last week I was at my PCP and my Temp was 98.9! I've been doing Spot CT for the most part, w/3-4CT Baths w/ice a week (depending on the chaos within the house)

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

One more thing that's making wonder what's going on... just finished some lunch of some liverwurst, and bone broth - boy did the furnace turn on...and my body temp dropped to 97.3!!!! good sign?

5. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

try the same meal with a cold drink and see if you still burn up afterwards.... bone broth will do this to me every time. I now drink it lukewarm. Not so tasty though. Trying to wean myself off all my hot drinks.

6. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Per Jack's response to my question about when to re-test, he said to check core temperature before & after CT. A rise in body temp means cold-adapted.

My results today:

pre-CT: 97.8

10 minutes into CT: 98.8

20 minutes into CT: 99.1

30 minutes into CT: 97.8

40 minutes into CT: 98.1

45 minutes, completion of CT: 98.0

5 minutes after CT: 95.7

10 minutes after CT: 93.7

I definitely felt warmer in the tub for the first 20-25 minutes, then I felt colder (as usual at about that time). Interesting to see the body temp correlates with how I feel. And I always feel much cold in the few minutes after I get out of the tub, then I start to warm up.

7. Sorry I know this is an Ask Jack but..... I wanted to throw in the fact that if you are taking T3 it will raise your temp. At least it has raised mine! Or is it the CT? A little of both????

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

switched to armour - last week -I've been having this temp thing going on before I started Thyroid support.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

closed.........