1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How can I get others to accept that I need to change my kids diet?

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by fabbecky, Mar 19, 2012.

1. fabbecky

fabbecky New Member

I would highly recommend the Eat Like A Dinosaur recipe book just released. My copy comes today and my 4yr old is looking forward to seeing it, reading it, and making stuff out of it :)

2. gemstar

gemstar New Member

I'm mom to 3 grown up kids and granny to 5 shrimps (OMG). My mom was a health food nut pioneer in the 50's. Her biggest mistake was making an issue out of the foods we ate. Dad didn't like her healthy ways, he was addicted to sweets and snacking. Long long story short... IF WE make food too much of an issue, it will back fire, and create eating disorders. I totally agree with Phoenix here in that they understand and hear more than we think.

I also think that Shijin has a great idea. My daughter did something similar with her husband. Helped her greatly in convincing him the importance of not constantly 'treating' the kids to treats.

3. fabbecky

fabbecky New Member

So yesterday I had a certification test to take and the hubby had the kids all day long. He had them Friday night too. Friday night - junk food, cheesey poofs, cookies, and yesterday was pretty much a repeat. Well yesterday morning (after a junk food fueled night) my 4yr old ask for a milkshake (coconut milk smoothie) yogurt, sausage and eggies for breakfast. I expect a similar request when he gets up today. The 2yr old passed out on the couch at 7PM and did not wake up until 20 minutes ago and wants sausage and eggies for breakfast. I was amused that after all the food debauchery of the weekend they wanted real food :)

4. MJ*

MJ* New Member

That's great, their bodies are telling them what they need!