1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How can I best mitigate the damage of Indoor Workouts.

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by chrisrw1989, Feb 25, 2020.

1. chrisrw1989

chrisrw1989 New Member

I know working out indoors while under artificial light is batshit crazy, but if I'm going to do it, how would I best decrease my overall risk? I'm thinking my blue blockers on my eyes, a baseball cap on my head, and covering my skin would help. I'm helping my father train for a competition and record for his age (68) and I would appreciate any advice. He only goes once a week, but I want to protect him and myself as much as possible. Thanks!

2. shah78

shah78 Gold

i limit my workouts to 3 minutes.and i try to i do my chin ups outside...... a modified "body by science"approach.

3. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

See Beginners Area: Can artificial blue light at night destroy vitamin D?

Research into blue light is showing it is a bad guy when isolated as the sole influencing agent. Meaning you remove all other variables and only have blue light. Keep up what you are doing with Blue Blockers and then balance that one day in the gym with outdoor time - limited clothes. As long as your dad has good mitochondria (feels young and youthful for his age) and inherited genetics he will be fine. No need to resort to extreme measures. Some people have to, but most of us don't.

chrisrw1989 likes this.
  4. chrisrw1989

chrisrw1989 New Member

I Appreciate your reply! Thank you.

DrEttinger likes this.