1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How big did you go?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by BJK77, Apr 13, 2012.

1. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

On your BAB I mean ;)

I'm not really doing this for weight issues although I do gain if my carbs go > 30-40 gm/day. For the most part I'm at a comfortable weight so I'm surprised that I would need to eat so much, but then again I've always had a HUGE appetite and could easily out-eat my 6'3 DH (although he's a skinny thing!).

I was eating right around 50-55 gm protein with my BAB for weeks, but feeling like I could always eat more. The last few days I upped it to 60-65 gm and still feel like I could eat more. I've been doing the reset for 11 weeks now and I still need to eat all 3 meals too. I eat very good quality proteins too - my BAB is usually a combination of grass-fed beef (a fatty cut like chuck roast) and shrimp/scallops/wild salmon, etc.

Just curious how high some of you have gone with your protein?

2. ginastarke

ginastarke New Member

I'm kind of embarrassed about it. This morning's BAB was an entire Salmon fillet with green beans, But I also eat big steaks and lamb chops. I just realized that 50 grams of protein are a 6oz steak.Oops. I'm going to start cutting down on the portions.

3. shilohman

shilohman New Member

If you are not trying to lose weight and are not trying to fix any major problems, I wouldn't worry about how much protein I eat.

4. shilohman

shilohman New Member

Doing CT will help curb your BAB.

5. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

The first couple months I was on the reset, I was always eating 75-90 grams of protein, with a small dinner to round out the day. FYI, I'm 5'3 and 115 lbs. I can eat steak! I started the reset in September, and just in the last month have I scaled back to about 30-40 grams of protein for BAB, and I've added lunch back in.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

FYI - 8 oz steak has 50 grams, not 6 oz. Wellness Meats has their 6 oz at 30 grams of protein

7. Owl

Owl New Member

At first, I was eating 85gm protein to hold me until lunch. Then huge lunches and dinners too. That went on for a few months, with BAB staying the same, and the others getting smaller. Then I went to two meals. Now I'm eating post leptin rx, adding carbs to breakfast, and am down to 25gm.