1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How are we supposed to see your posts everyday?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Antonis, Oct 27, 2017.

1. shiran

shiran Curious

I didn't know it existed thanks I learn every day something new

2. drezy

drezy Gold

Off the top of my head

My basics:
    I have a wired (not wifi) router that's in a broom closet
    Handhelds get connected like this : https://www.cultofmac.com/425400/when-wi-fi-is-out-use-ethernet-to-get-online-with-your-ipad/
    I rarely use a handheld anyway b/c I love opening a big document and using command(or control)-F and immediately search to an area I'l looking for
    My longest ethernet cable goes 270 feet underground to my back office plus outdoor seating
    Phones go out on the back porch and I crack a window so I can hear calls
    I mostly trained my family to text first (The phone won't be next to their head and I get the text on my computer and phone)
    My son* has a phone and it is on airplane mode 99% of the time. Its is just for emergency mode.
    ^^^This will be problematic in the future upgrades so we stopped http://www.redmondpie.com/new-in-io...er-turns-off-wifi-or-bluetooth-automatically/
    Instead of playing video games we play heroclix and board games.
    I live in a lower population density area that is legally restricted to this density

* - BTW My son has some interesting testimony that Jack mentioned we should add to the quantum kids forum so I'll get to that soon.

Results:
    When I dig a large hole and place a meter in it , the reading = .0005 mw/cm2
    When I place my meter on a coffee table in the middle of my house and beds it bounces between .0005 & .0006
    I'm pretty happy with that result

Future plans:
    Get a switch to add a few more ports
    Run more cables outside
    Set up an outdoor desk for my wife
    She requires more gear than I do so I was trying to find UV transmissive plastic "roofing" as mentioned by John Ott [*I think it will likely end up busting my budget though]

Brent Patrick and shiran like this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

The development of assistive technologies give me some hope in the human race. It has made it easier for some amazingly creative people to express themselves.

It was developed to accommodate people's handicaps but I think it can be used to avoid handicapping health too.

4. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Oww that's good. So your computer is outdoors? Where is your router and how you passed the wires underground lol? My computer is im the house at the living room where we always hanging out. I have apartment, I can't have my pc out and it is raining now....

5. drezy

drezy Gold

My laptop is outside with me way more often than not. The few times it's not my son or wife call me out. I return the favor too.

My router is in a broom closet in the middle of my house. All the cables go up into the attic and drop down behind the walls to the rooms with ports. One of the drop down spots is just outside of the house. That cable goes right into a plastic (PVC) pipe that runs underground to a backyard office.

There are all kinds of people and ways to live displayed here in the forums.

The particular downside of my choice is that my commutes and associated costs have always been greater. My wife and I understand and accept the costs for the upside.

Antonis and shiran like this.
  6. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

That's pretty awesome. I wish I could do it to. I ain't got money at the moment. What do you do for other devices like fridge, washing machine? Damn I need to wire my internet and do something with my laptop asap. Do you wear mask on your face some timelike shield? Do you only ground your laptop? You probably use wires keyboard and mouse.

7. drezy

drezy Gold

These are "grounded" fairly well so I just don't hang out right near them much.

No(b/c I'm usually outside), not all the time, not all the time (like not at a cafe)

Antonis and Brent Patrick like this.
  8. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

So could I let you know when am ready to loosen a little funding?

9. drezy

drezy Gold

I failed to recall Mr. Vlasblom's name in a previous post. He has a combined pdf collection that he curates that is great. It looks like you found that.

I think the most important detail is probably the format for consumption that you ultimately want. Web scraping out the content from the blogs is doable, but could be technical overkill.

Between Vlasblom pdf collection and rubicon's podcast collection, I've been able to get by pretty well. https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...pdf-in-one-zip-file-for-download.18666/page-2

Even though it looks like you've have seen it, I'm dropping the link there for any others who stumble on this thread and could find the link useful. A little forum housekeeping. Both the combined pdfs and Rubicon's collection are things I wished I found earlier and I appreciate what these guys put out there.

@Sun Disciple reads through all this like an animal! Check out the stack he printed in this post https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/sun-disciples-journal.18790/page-3#post-220931 . Hard to tell but it looks like 6-8" of papers easily putting it between about 1000-2000 sheets! Jack sure writes a lot of content. To even print that much would cost me at least $100-$150. That's a lot of free content and I am glad to see that Jack added patreon.

If you still wanted to proceed with a technical solution I'd check out the web scraping services offered at Fiverr most basic jobs cost $5-$15. Just get your use case in mind first. PM me if you'd like help speaking software-ese I translate for free lol.

Brent Patrick and Antonis like this.
  10. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

It sounds amazing!! Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  11. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

I spent 275 in ink cause the printer would drain all the colours no matter what setting i put it on. paper was cheap maybe 80 bucks but my printer is busted now. Deffinetly garb a cheap printer that prints black only for real.

drezy likes this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

Lol! I believe it.

Great questions on webinar and forum lately @Sun Disciple.

Sun Disciple likes this.
  13. Martha Barger

Martha Barger Martha Ray

Thank you so much, Sue for these ideas. I am on wired computer but have a current issue with my wired HP 8600 inkjet printer. It is now misprinting and I'm perplexed as to what to do next about that... do not think printers are that healthy to be in close proximity to and I've been next to one most of my working and retired life... I like paper and dislike reading on line so I spent tons on expensive HP inks and paper for about 10+ years and only in the past 5 years went to Sam's Club Discount store's Member's Mark much cheaper 'equivalent ink' which HP warns not to use. I also switched to Xerox and Staples papers along the way.
    15 years is a good long time for a printer to last and I have worked it very hard... don't know my volume but high for individual use for sure. It was not on my radar that using a printer a lot at close range might not be healthy until recently. A choice between my eyes, my brain or my lungs?

Now wondering about buying a new printer laser or ink jet and all the pros and cons of health, quality, costs etc.

Sun setting now...like the song 'bye bye love I'll see you later'
    Jo Dee needs to ditch the sunglasses.
    A VIP in my life said I'm an anomaly... I had to go look that up ....and had to agree.

Sue-UK likes this.
  14. Glenn A

Glenn A New Member

I just sped thru all the posts on this thread, and this is very unusual for me, even on Jack's forum.

I appreciate all the effort to minimize EMF and yes, I do these things also, like only using cable, and increasing airplane-mode and otherwise, distance from any phone, and blocking nnEMF evenings.

I love drezy's tech suggestions, and shiran's reminder that no matter how good the tech, outdoor exposure, grounding and exercise are still important pieces to the solution.

Along that line, I've spent decades digesting every particle of subject matter on several health-related subjects in whatever level of detail I could find (ie: all I can find in whatever forum), the Kruse Forum only being the latest interest. Earlier ones dealt with diabetes, PUFA, grounding, optimum diets, etc.. And I've come up with a decision that I'm not going to just reduce my exposure to toxins and body rotting posture and other degenerating habits by changing my technical methods, but I'm going to change the whole universe I operate in. That is, I'm no longer into gathering great sums of information on any subject at all.

I am formulating and refining a system for minimizing input, and leaving more time for living the good life I've been creating with all my acquired knowledge. I figure most people by the time they've explored health, and a few other subjects for a dozen years, if they aren't absolutely happy being addicted to the gathering of information, and aren't being paid to research, probably are better off finding a cost-effective manner of handling the data attractions they are liable to dive into.

We are handling data now like it was 1940, when there were finite limits to what was available. Now, in a "Post Truth" condition, the data on any reasonable subject is multiplying thousands of times faster than we can manage to gather, and additionally, it's many times intentionally distorted to cause confusion when compared with it's sister data. Remember over 90% of university research is paid for by corporate interests.

So I say, if you've a handle on some techniques that give you apparent health, settle down and stop reading (or listening to text translations), and just enjoy the life. Choose more carefully what text you wish to dive into, based on your assessment of your true needs. If reading is fun, go for it. But be aware that excess input reduces relevance, creates a forest, and human retention is absolutely limited (as a percent of what is taken in). If you have axioms you live by, you already have it made. A new datum is a microscopic scalpel you are using to whittle at your axioms. That is, nearly useless except for one datum in a thousand. How long can you search for something so withering in significance?

I'm not saying give up. I'm saying step back and look at what you WANT to be relevant to your life going forward. What do you really need? And every few weeks, reassess! The only reason I'm here is because I found the Kruse Optimal Health Forum to be about something I was definitely lacking information on that might improve a facet of my life. But I don't spend time here more than about once every 2 weeks. I'm glad I found this discussion! I think it's an important topic.

Martha Barger and drezy like this.
  15. drezy

drezy Gold

Listen to the drezy Glenn! Listen to the drezy!

Unknown-6.jpg

caroline likes this.
  16. Martha Barger

Martha Barger Martha Ray

I relate to some of your thinking... My learning feels like 'with much knowledge comes much suffering' but is countered with the thought that people perish for lack of wisdom. Maybe for me capacity must precede application. I am getting expanded here. I appreciated your thoughts on your process of learning and applying.