1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How and where to move? Any tips appreciated!

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Hollyrebecca, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Its not luxury apartments, its more new estates that attract young first time buyers wanting to get a foot on the property ladder. The kids on those streets will go to the same state schools, and be playing in the same local parks etc. Equal access to good housing and schools gives kids in low income families better opportunities for learning, better future job prospects, or future university places if that's what they want. Its a smart move for society. :)

Hollyrebecca likes this.
  2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Interesting. Perhaps the quite unique place you are thinking of is the one that is not far from me. :D

Hollyrebecca likes this.
  3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

There's some resources here you might find useful, (wording for letters withdrawing consent, stickers etc). :)

Hollyrebecca likes this.
  4. Hollyrebecca

Hollyrebecca New Member

Thank you. I’m feeling unsure about moving now as I’ve realised that most properties will come already fitted with smart meters, and I don’t know if I’ll be able to get it removed, or to destroy it. Argh. Why are people so crazy?!

JanSz likes this.
  5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

There's reasons why both private renting and social housing may not have opted for smart meters, so its worth asking. For a landlord, people won't refuse to rent a nice property because it doesn't have a smart meter, and opt for a dump that has one. It is more likely to put people off who don't want one (whether for EHS, or rights to privacy issues). The next issue is that a new tenant has the right to shop around for the best utility prices, and swapping from one provider to another can be problematic when dealing with smart meters. A lot of landlords and social housing projects won't want the hassle. My mother was in a social housing project for the elderly, and there was no smart meter. :)

Hollyrebecca likes this.
  6. Hollyrebecca

Hollyrebecca New Member

Ok, cool. I’ll have to just ask before I look round anywhere. :)

Sue-UK likes this.