1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

How and where to move? Any tips appreciated!

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Hollyrebecca, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Fortunately Hollyrebecca is no longer in a windowless basement.

If at the equator its a 12-12 day/night cycle, I think its about tapping into the variations in the day/night cycle of the UK latitude. We might sleep less in midsummer, but there's a chance to compensate in winter.

In the summer we max at around 16 hours daylight, so 6-7 hours sleep might be "typical" in the middle of summer. In winter we go down to 8 hours of daylight, leaving around 16 hours of darkness, getting 8-9 hours of sleep should be achievable. The trick is maintaining or increasing energy with how we "den" during the 16 hours darkness in winter, and whether the environment we have, or co-create, helps optimise sleep. Freezing my arse off outside in rain fog and snow for 16 hours a day in the winter, 8 of which will be in darkness, aint on my radar. :)

Dean6789, Hollyrebecca and JanSz like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am not sure if what she did is the best way to use available resources.
    Actually, I think it was a wrong move.
    She had a free place to stay.
    For her it was herculean (her words) task to move out of free place she had at her parents.
    She likely spend her last money doing that.
    When all she had to do is take a long walks outdoors.

upload_2020-2-5_8-13-39.png

Dean6789 and John Schumacher like this.
  3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I don't remember Jack advising her to go back to her parents basement and that all she needed to do was take long walks outdoors in all weathers. :rolleyes: :D

What's the point of "free" if the cost is to health? If someone has seen improvements, even if its not a long term solution, they haven't jumped from the frying pan into the fire. In terms of making best use of financial resources, I think it was a far better decision than staying in a poor environment just to have enough money to pay for supplements or other "stuff" she might not need and which could make things worse. The fact that it was a Herculean task and she did it anyway shows real guts.:thumbsup:

John Schumacher and caroline like this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You are totally discounting her
    18 hours outdoor time to get sunlight exposure
    (with her wallet full of money),
    that she could use to purchase consult with Jack.

John Schumacher likes this.
  5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

If we could get enough sunlight exposure in a UK winter, Jack wouldn't be recommending heading for the sun. What I don't understand from your postings is that it seems that if she buys the Suzanne Somers books, or does the Patricia Kane thing, finds a Lyme literate doc who will pity her, does FA testing or guesses and take a supplement...(.all $$$$$$$ ) that's OK but taking a step to improve the indoor environment of where she will be a lot of her time, particularly over the winter, is somehow a waste of financial resources?

To get to the Farm, Destin or Mexico is a transatlantic flight, so UK members are already at a disadvantage. If Hollyrebecca doesn't have the right membership level ($$) she may not be able to apply for a skype consult.($$). And if she does have a skype consult, is it likely that Jack will tell her to move back to her parents basement with the mouldy vent and go for long walks in the rain fog or snow so that she has enough money for more consults? Why waste his time (or her $$) asking something she already knows - or is learning - from the teaching and has acted on, even if its baby steps to the longer term goal of migrating to the sun? :confused:

6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

MVIMG_20200209_104522.jpg

After lovely weather yesterday, DD using the shelter of a West Sussex harbour to do a post storm CT this morning ..... :D

John Schumacher, caroline and drezy like this.
  7. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

AMAZING!!!

8. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

As a mother watching DD head into the water, it gave me what I can only describe as a moment of grace. :tears:

DD's proved to me that if someone is not healthy enough to migrate from the UK, or can't self finance any move, or get affordable healthcare, that (although there will be exceptions) baby steps can lead to bigger ones …. and open up possibilities...

A year ago DD went to Fuerteventura for 2 weeks. I was worried and would have financed her long term to get her well, but she wouldn't let me. She then hacked the UK summer to be able to migrate and be able to work abroad if she needed to, but she wanted to live and work in the UK. The only "supplement" not specifically part of the teaching was for 7 months drinking silicon rich water, (instead of buying something like glacial).

Other than the 2 weeks in Fuerteventura, everything else she has done to get to the place she is at now (great job, happy and much healthier) was done in the UK. If she had the same job but local to me, I'm not sure she'd be doing as well. She hadn't accrued enough holiday to take a winter break in the sun which was plan A. But the microclimate of where she is, and tapping into the resource of the ocean, has got her through the winter, despite less than optimal nnemf exposure. She and her partner are paying extra to rent a larger than necessary property that can accommodate visiting friends and relatives and that has an east facing garden to do her yoga, read, ground etc rather than something cheaper with no outside space. She's not spending her money on shit that doesn't matter.

She bought a convertible on Saturday - her old car was going to the scrap yard but she even got a trade in towards a car that was already well within her budget. If she'd already got the car on Saturday in that lovely weather she could have used it with the top down. More future sunshine opportunities …. :cool:

And if she's away on holiday, I have a place to stay if I want a few days in a better microclimate, and easy access to the sea. :D

9. drezy

drezy New Member

As a gardener I noticed that the UK has some higher number gardening zones than I've got. Every time the frost gets some of my early attempts I remember that.

John Schumacher and Sue-UK like this.
  10. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Thats so nice to read - family following in our footseps is heartwarming when you can see them flourish :)

John Schumacher, Anne V and Sue-UK like this.
  11. Hollyrebecca

Hollyrebecca New Member

Thank you all for advice. I’ve been reading and thinking. I’m still at my parents. It is no longer windowless though!

I can’t take ‘long walks’ outside. I can only walk about 50 metres before my legs start twitching and burning. However, I do sit outside, barefoot, in all weathers (I actually enjoy sitting in the rain), and gaze at the sky. My tolerance of the cold has increased.

I have an opportunity to move to a more rural place, where I know less people. Or a place in the city where I am more connected to people. So neither place is ideal! Because I know that both being in a rural place and being connected to other people would be best. But with social housing there is not much choice! I’m guessing I should choose the rural place?

And yes it would be more cost-effective to stay with my parents – but they are right in the middle of the city too, and I have no control over the environment here. But it’s not just that – my parents are both elderly and I can’t expect them to look after me. Plus I can’t look after myself as well as I could because I can’t get down the stairs. In a ground floor place I would be able to make myself food, etc.

12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Cost implications aside ….

Are your parents in a 5G city, or is 5G imminent? Where are you in terms of cell towers? What roughly would you guess is the population density within a 1 mile radius of your parents place? What is it like in terms of traffic, and air pollution? Vicinity of an airport etc. Will your parents be making you meals in line with the teaching? In the UK we are talking scavenging photons in a lower quantum yield- popping out regularly during the day is a way of doing that, as well as any circadian rhythm benefits… Will you be able to do that if you can't get down the stairs?

Then ask the same questions of the more rural area - less likely to be 5G, but is it imminent? Then ask yourself the rest of the questions …

Then its whether the rural area (knowing "less people" but not being completely socially isolated) will give you a better stepping stone (i.e. doesn't have to be permanent) than "more connected to people" in a city environment. :)

Hollyrebecca likes this.
  13. Hollyrebecca

Hollyrebecca New Member

5G is imminent. And I expect it will be coming to the rural surrounding areas soon as well, but those areas are at least surrounded by quite dense forest.

When I was in a ground floor place I was popping out much more regularly throughout the day. Now I can only manage 1 to 2 times daily.

Thank you - will go through all these questions. And you’re right – this could just be a stepping stone and not a permanent move. It won’t cost me much because it is social housing so my rent will be paid for me. I may have to buy some curtains and stuff, but I won’t be much out of pocket.

Sue-UK likes this.
  14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

If you cannot pop out don´t forget that you can also watch the world go by at an open window. if you have a large window you could even try lying inaked n the sun on your floor (as an extra)

John Schumacher and Hollyrebecca like this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

With the choices described
    I still think that your best choice is to stay with your parents.
    You have already described progress. Give it time.
    Do your best to spend max time outdoors even if the outdoors are open doors or windows.

Maybe social housing in UK is healthier, I have not seen it.
    But I see it in my hometown, nothing to write home about it.

John Schumacher and Hollyrebecca like this.
  16. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

In a city the air pollution alone will reduce quantum yield. Being indoors and using open windows misses the grounding, that being able to go outside several times a day provides. If 5G comes along, it may make sitting outside less of a benefit, or even detrimental.

I don't know much about social housing in the US, but in the UK there is likely to be a big difference between the suitability for Hollyrebecca of social housing in say a high rise in the centre of a city, and social housing in rural areas. Many planning applications for housing developments now in rural areas are passed if there is a quota for social housing. People in the social housing may be living on the same streets, with buildings of the same standard, as those paying full market value for their homes. The thing to watch out for is the 5G issue and where the social housing is in relation to cell towers, population density etc. What I have noticed is that cell towers used to be put on the trading estates outside towns with a gap between them and the edge of any residential estates. They are now filling in the gaps with new housing estates (both private and social housing) between existing residential estates and the towers. :)

Anne V likes this.
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

There must be a road and a little sidewalk near her's parents place that she could walk too.
    She can take a foldable chair and sit there max hours daily.
    5G is EVERYWHERE, can't run away from it. Talking about it distracts from things she is able to accomplish.
    So there is even no need to take 5G it into account in any planning, especially when a person is financially incapable.

18. Hollyrebecca

Hollyrebecca New Member

The progress that I made was when I was living with my partner, in a ground floor place. I’m slipping backwards here because of the extra energy I have to use to take care of myself going up and down the stairs. I’m spending more time in bed and I’m getting more viruses.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Ok, by now you should know what to do to help your self.
    Just do it. Wish you luck.
    /

Hollyrebecca likes this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

People in the social housing may be living on the same streets, with buildings of the same standard, as those paying full market value for their homes.
    ======================
    Do not you think that
    one group of those peoples are smart or lucky
    and the other opposite?

/////////////////////////