1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hotmail Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Hotmail, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

Hello World !!

I do like documenting my experiments ... so glad I found a journal.

Started this on Monday, started at 145.6 lbs, this morning I was 142lbs .

I ate too much beef this morning , about 1lb, made into burgers.

OK will go and do more reading now.

Wish me luck :)

2. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Good luck!!!!!

3. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

Welcome to the journals!

4. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

Thanks everyone.

I will add the notes from Monday that I have documented later today when I get a chance.

This morning no change in my weight from yesterday- 142lb

Yesterday I had 1lb of beef burgers for breakfast

Had to go out with work for lunch, I ordered carpaccio, which was great, unfortunately the chef drizzled some olive oil on the beef slices..

I wasn't hungry for dinner, but had a handful of walnuts, and decaf with soya milk. Not great I know.

5. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

For got to add, yesterday and today I have been feeling extremely tired, really really tiered.

6. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

Yesterday started great, but didn't end on the same note.

Had Thai chicken curry for breakfast which was home made. I only added the curry paste which was ZC and 2 T of organic desiccated coconuts. I was still full at lunch time, and decided to go swimming for my lunch break, even though it wasn't a sunny warm day. The pool water was quite warm, I was a bit disappointed because I thought it will be a good start to some CT, but hey, I really enjoyed the swim.

I usually eat my second and last meal between 3 to 4pm... but yesterday I decided I will wait until I go home to eat the rest of the Thai curry. I think that was a mistake, as I was too hungry by the time I got home. I had the Thai chicken curry...

Unfortunately I had a call with some bad news relating to my son, not incredibly serious, but it made me feel very anxious, and lost a bit of judgement, so had quite a bit of almonds and walnut.

I thought I shouldn't weigh this morning so I wont get upset of the increase, but then again, I told myself if I am going to be honest with myself and with this journal I should really record it... so this morning I weigh 142.6, this is a 0.6lb increase.

I wont give up, and i wont be too hard on myself, even though I should.... but today, I am determined to put that behind me.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

An increase of 1 or 2 lbs very quickly usually means water weight. It will come off. :)

8. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

Phoenix, yes true :)

9. sandy

sandy New Member

Hi - thanks for popping by! Hope you are having a great weekend;)

10. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

No change in weight, still 142.6, I am getting discouraged, when I didn't have a large breakfast I lost better, then again it could be the decaf and the small amount of soya milk in it... thing is I hate black decaf, and trying to avoid all dairy, so can't have cream. Today I will try with no decaf, not sure about the green tea either.

11. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

You know, I've been doing Paleo/Leptin RX for about 8 weeks and haven't really lost much at all. Probably about 3-4 pounds. But the difference between then and now is that my calorie count has practically doubled. And I'm not gaining weight. That's like a miracle for me. I used to gain weight if I ate any more than 1200 calories. In order to lose I had to cut back to 500 per day.

So I really haven't considered this a weight loss diet, although I would be screaming "Hallelujah" from the rooftops if I did start losing. The fact that I can now eat until I'm full, and not count calories or amounts is so freeing. And not gain? That's insanely wonderful for me.

I know what it's like to feel uncomfortable at a certain weight, and to want to lose it. So I'm not lecturing you or saying that you should just enjoy not gaining. But maybe instead of getting frustrated at not losing, you can at least tell yourself that you're healing your metabolism and hormones and inflammed body, etc. It's hard though, I know.

Also, I'm like you. I love creamer in my decaf. So I just gave it up and I buy the best organic heavy cream from pastured cows. And I use about 2-4 tablespoons per day in my coffee. I also buy the best decaf I can find. With that little tweak, I don't feel deprived. And I've been doing that for a few weeks and haven't seen any weight gain or difference in the way I feel. So for me it's been OK. I know it's not protocol, but it keeps me in line with all of the other changes that I've made to my life over the last few months.

Hope you keep it up, and that you don't get too discouraged. I'm rooting for you! :)

12. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

Phoenix, thanks for the above, I can't have dairy due to skin eczema, so can't do cream.

I think I really should quit the decaf, I need to make up my mind to do that, we'll see how it goes.

13. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Wow, skin eczema. You know that's an autoimmune disease, right? That's why I started on paleo. Not eczema, but autoimmune disease (celiac, hashimoto's, diabetes type 1, amyloidosis all run in my family). You're definitely on the right track! And now I understand why you won't go near dairy.

14. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Hey Hotmail, don't be discouraged, so many reasons the scale is not moving but give it time stay tight and it will come. Come out swinging get a BAB in tomorrow and crush Monday. I am happy I came here for support I have never blogged or put it out there to stay accountable but the people are great. I appreciate your encouragement on my page and hope we can all help each other along this path. Stay Frosty

15. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

Thanks Phoenix, yes I know about autoimmune stuff, been at this for over 10 years, and when am good and stick to paleo my symptoms disappear, but when I fall of the wagon, the eczema comes back with a vengance... no idea why I never learn... the eczema on its own should really be my main motivation to stick to a good eating plan...

Unfortunately I am hearing eggs can be a trigger too, last time when I completely cured my eczema I went dairy free, and seldom ate eggs... so not sure if I should give eggs up as well.

Riversedge, thanks for your words. Agree about the scale, am just impatient about it.

Scale this morning moved a fraction so 142.4, today I didn't feel like a BAB, so left home without it. Not good cuz am starving now at work.!

Menu for yesterday: B: 4 pached eggs, L: Sirlion steak, D: 4 chicken drumsticks

Today hopefully I will quit decaf and green tea :)

16. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

Day 9

Weight is 141lb - finally a loss of 1.4lb.

My attempt to ditch the decaf and green tea worked yesterday, but had a little headache, very strange to get a headache even though all I was having is decaf and some green tea which doesn't contain a lot of caffeine.

Menu yesterday:

B: 2 poached eggs and 3 of bacon (had it about 9:30 am , so a couple of hours after I woke up, not within 30 minutes as per the liptin reset)

Late lunch early dinner: 4 chicken drumsticks roasted with lots of goose fat.

17. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

Day 11: weight 140.8

Very glad it showed a slight loss, its going on the right direction, so int he last 10 days I lost 4.8lb, not huge, but hey, its good progress.

Food yesterday:

B: M&S Crispy bacon

Lunch: M&S Crispy bacon

D: leftover roast lamb

18. have you tried bullet proof coffee? how about coconut milk instead of soya? congrats on the loss!