1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hot chocolate drink, mmmmm

Discussion in 'Winter Paleo Recipes' started by sooperb, Dec 13, 2013.

1. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Buy some unsweetened organic cocoa powder (NOT the pre-packaged hot chocolate garbage that is usually loaded with sugar, corn syrup solids, and hydrogenated oils) and mix a heaping Tbsp of organic cocoa with 10-12 oz of unsweetened almond milk (or if you prefer, you can use water, coffee, or a brewed unsweetened chocolate tea as the base liquid) in a small saucepan over very LOW heat.

Using a whisk can help blend the cocoa evenly. I like to add 2-3 tbsp of coconut cream from a can to add more healthy fats (a source of MCTs) to this delicious healthy hot cocoa. You can find canned organic coconut milk in the Asian section of almost any grocery store. Add some stevia and a touch of vanilla extract while stirring over the low heat, and in a few minutes, you’ll have a delicious, creamy, frothy mug of healthy hot cocoa -- WITHOUT all of the sugar and trans fats that are loaded into a typical pre-packaged hot cocoa mix.

You can also add a half scoop of your favorite vanilla or chocolate protein powder while stirring this mix together on the stove. In the final drink concoction, you’ll get the satisfying shot of chocolate along with muscle-feeding, fat-burning protein, a nice dose of fiber from the cocoa, healthy fats from the coconut cream (including powerful medium chain triglycerides), and a mega-shot of healthy antioxidants overall too!
  2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Thanks, Superb. :)
    I use D-Ribose as a sweetener to make my mitochondria happy.
  3. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I am sure it is definitely mmmmm superb! My own version is a bit simpler, but I also enjoy it very much. I brew a cup of green tea, add one tsp of organic raw cocoa powder, 1Tbsp coconut milk, 1 Tbsp coconut oil, 1 tsp of ghee and a serving of d-Ribose. Love it!
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have dying for hot chocolate! These sound great....
  5. sooperb

sooperb New Member

D-ribose, in powdered form? Hmm, I take the capsules, didn't realise it was sweet although the capsules taste of vanilla a bit. I made porridge with coconut milk this morning, added in 2 tbs of oil and some cinnamon and a banana. Probably not ideal for breakfast but it tasted great :) As winter warmers go lol.
  6. Tanya

Tanya Gold

sooperb, yes, there are quite a few brands of powdered D-ribose, but not all of them non-GMO unfortunately.

caroline, I am so satisfied with one cup of my "creation" - and I don't even drink it while it is still hot....:)
  7. Team Kruse

Team Kruse Super Moderator

This sounds great Sooperb! Thank you for sharing. :)
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

but D-ribose is pretty expensive? ..... at least it is here......
  9. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

3tbs organic cocoa
    2tbs mct oil
    2-3 eggs
    4oz heavy cream
    1/4stick butter
    Cinammon
    Vanilla
    Hot water

Boil water, warm cream in saucepan, melt butter into cream. Put all the other ingredients in a big mug. Pour boiling water and mix with whisk. Add cream and butter. Whisk it frothy. As a breakfast this will keep you happy all day and it tastes amazing.
    SlamSlask likes this.
  10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

NOM NOM NOM trying this!!!!
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

This would definitely keep me going all day ....can't wait to try! Thanks Dali for sharing.......
  12. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi Dali,

How do you not scramble the eggs. Also the boiled water is separate from the cream and butter when heating, did I read that correctly.

Thank you.
  13. SlamSlask

SlamSlask Newcomer / Gold Klub

Tried this for breakfeast today as the amount of sun is getting very low and it was delicious thanks for sharing
    Did use coconut oil instead of MCT