1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hormones linked to growth of beard?

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Butters, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

Hey guys,

I am 24 and have only growth of beard around the mouth and the chin. My father and grandfathers all have strong growth of beard and hair on the body.

I know it is an untypical question but I want to know if it can be the hormones that I am the only one without strong hair growth, head is fine.
    Antonis likes this.
  2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

DH could only grow a goatee when he was in his 20's. Now, after a few decades, and retirement, he looks a bit like Santa Clause...

Oh, I'm sorry, is this a guys-only discussion? I'll slink off...
  3. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Late reply but yeah has to be. I grew bum fluff type hair and had patches on the left side of my face, after doing leptin reset, hair grew evenly and faster no doubt due to metabolism increasing and hormone levels normalizing. After I got ill again beard turned to what it was like previously, now I've been taking DHEA and Pregnenolone for a few weeks beard is growing faster.
  4. Butters

Butters New Member

Beard is slowly growing, maybe something is changing.
  5. marcus

marcus New Member

What does 'slowly growing' mean? Is it improving?
  6. Butters

Butters New Member

Yeah, after a while more and more hair slowly grows on my cheeks now.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What if I told you one might sense the beard growing as you shaved?
  8. Butters

Butters New Member

That would be a brave hypothesis :D
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

it's not a hypothesis...........the proof is sitting right next to me now.......Ruben Salinas is visiting me live in NOLA and it happened to him this weekend.......it will make the May webinar on light.
  10. kovita

kovita Silver

my husband grows beard by minutes. You can actually observe it. People point this about him very often. He has hardly any body hair for a man, but the facial hair is rather stunning ;-)
    Peertje80 likes this.
  11. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

I feel like mine does too... he argues it is to protect him from the cold.
  12. Butters

Butters New Member

Ok guys. Seems I didn't understand what you really meanto_O
  13. I have this problem as well, hair seems to not grow on some parts of my body (quite strangely on the hands and the cheek) but don't know what it might be.
  14. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

I'm not sure if you're asking about hormones generally, or if you are thinking more specifically about testosterone. As far as testosterone, I've seen men with very low testosterone levels have very full and thick beards, and men with high levels have sparse beards. There will be some difference in rates of conversion to DHT (5 a dihyrdrotestosterone), and it is generally understood that DHT attached to receptors on hair follicles that are responsible for the male-type "terminal" hairs growing (instead of the more female-type downy hair). I don't know if that helps at all. It's not clear to me what Jack is hinting at, so I can't help with that, sorry!
    Arborescence likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What does pseudohypoxia fundamentally mean to bio hacking a hormone panel? The cost of a high aerobic capacity is low fertility. This is why the pregnenolone steal syndrome exists at the fundamental levels. Cortisol over sex steroids is due to the use of oxygen as the terminal electron acceptor in human mitochondria and not much else. When you are not fully utilizing O2 well in mitochondria then you are using too much H2S, NO, or CO and your hormone panel shows that data when you know what to look for........and your hair can fall out.
    Arborescence likes this.
  16. Antonis

Antonis New Member

What was the reason then? Hormones or age? Am wondering because I had the same problem. My beard it is not too thick.
  17. Butters

Butters New Member

Slowly growing. I dont know.
    Antonis likes this.