1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hormones linked to depression and anxiety?

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Darleen, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Darleen

Darleen New Member

Hi All, I have just started reading Dr.K's book. He states that hormonal depletion is linked to things such as depression and OCD, that after 30 years of age hormones naturally decline especially on a SAD. He believes it is not genetic. My question is if this is correct, how would a child have anxiety, depression. Could it be that a child can have decreased hormones? If not genetics, then does the mothers state of hormones possibly determine the child's?
    Thank you for any input. I've had anxiety and depression since at least 8 years old, (as far back as I can remember) I do not feel like anxiety meds are the answer.
    Cheers to good health!

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hormones are energy, Darleen. A child could have decreased hormones if the mother also was energy depleted.
    Anxiety meds are also energy, but if the body cannot direct that energy, chaos can ensue.

Lahelada and Cpt.Tired like this.
  3. Darleen

Darleen New Member

Ah ok. I think I'm getting it. :rolleyes: My mother was in fact energy depleted. It's all coming together. Thanks nonchalant!