1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hormone test timing

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by MartiD, Jul 13, 2012.

1. MartiD

MartiD New Member

I have seen alot of people mention when they do their hormone labs in relationship to their cycle. I am hopefully getting a full thyroid and hormone panel done in next month but I had a partial hysterectomy 3 years ago so I assume it doesn't matter what part of the month I do the testing? Does having an hysterectomy effect hormone levels differently from others? I do still have ovaries and am 42 with no pre-meni signs.

Also, should I stop all supps a week before the test so it doesn't mess up results? My main concerns on supps vit D, Iron, and 7 Keto. Thanks for any help!

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This timing is mostly about testing hormones that change daily during menstrual cycle.

LH

FSH

Progesterone

Estradiol

Since it is not practical to draw blood daily for the whole cycle, days when min and max are expected are chosen for testing.

I prefer venous blood testing at LabCorp(I am not a doctor).

Genova Diagnostics offers saliva test, it takes 11 samples over cycle.

When attempting Steroid Hormone Optimization, I suggest to start project optimizing day 2-4 of menstrual cycle.

3. MartiD

MartiD New Member

So since I don't have a cycle it won't matter what day I draw?

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

yes

5. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

if you still have your ovaries you do have a cycle.... just no period I would say.

6. Do you cycle if your ovaries are no longer producing eggs?

7. MartiD

MartiD New Member

If I cycle I have indication of it anymore...no breakouts, no irritability, etc