1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hormone Creams / Oils

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by tellmisty, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Anyone have any results with their essential oils for hormone help? I would love to hear results, stories, and anything that you want to tell us about it.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The red words are very important.

I am a man, (73yo), that makes me similar to women at least in regard to progesterone levels in first half of cycle.

Creams, gels, lipoderm basis and other transdermal products are very popular, therefore I wasted lots of my time trying to make things work for me using them.

I was trying as transdermal
    testosterone
    pregnenolone
    progesterone
    DHEA

My only "fault" was that I required my blood tests to reflect and be correlated to used dose.
    I refused to go by how I feel. I feel this now and that 1/2 hr latter, feelings are fleeting.
    I have not used saliva or dried blood drops testing, I am enough of guinea pig already.

Soon I have found that my originally used laboratory,
    Quest Diagnostics
    actually sucks.

I now use LabCorp.
    It is not perfect, just sucks less.

For long time I used Androgel 1%
    This is the only transdermal product that actually work.
    It is very expensive, so I tried all kind of creams (no go).
    Now there is also Androgel 1.62%, I am hearing that it is of lesser quality.

To clarify,
    some of the transdermal products that I used actually had some effect,
    but
    compared to real McCoy there is no comparing

What we are really talking about here is
    Steroid Hormone Optimization

There are many steroid hormones, the ones that can be measured in laboratory accessible to consumers (not researchers) are mostly listed on chart below.
    There is more known, and they can be look at here:

Steroid hormone biosynthesis - Reference pathway
    http://www.genome.jp/kegg/pathway/map/map00140.html
    http://www.genome.jp/kegg-bin/show_pathway?hsa00100

The (steroid) hormones that are popularly being adjusted are:

pregnenolone
    progesterone
    cortisol
    aldosterone
    testosterone
    Estrogens
    DHEAs

There is a tendency to replace missing hormone with same (bio-identical)
    I like to underline this tendency for progesterone and cortisol (likely also aldosterone)

I have excellent support from my doc (osteopath), 30min west of Manhattan.
    Over time I was able to try all kind of his (and mostly my own) ideas.
    So, I owe what I am doing now, and it works for me.

Way back then and also now, women are outnumbering men in the use of HRT.
    Very often it is about supplementing progesterone and estrogens (Only).
    Often no testing just by feel.
    And it often works.
    Imagine how much better it would be with minimal testing?

I have significant objection to progesterone use. Specially when talking about first half of menstrual cycle.

I am in love with pregnenolone.

Pregnenolone not only gives me pregnenolone in my blood
    but also
    progesterone
    and
    cortisol
    even aldosterone
    and
    it is intervention high at the chart,
    all else
    is totally natural, regulated by my own body
    It makes me feel much better than when
    I was trying to use
    prometrium----to raise progesterone
    hydrocortisone----to raise cortisol
    sometimes also Florinef (Fludrocortisone)
    besides
    I have more time, pop a pill of pregnenolone at wakeup and go with my daily business whole day

Problem is
    I know of only one pill that actually works

Pregnenolone Micronized Lipid Matrix from Nutricology
    To make it cost effective buy dozen of bottles from
    HerbsPro.com
    But there is plenty of other sources for this product.

Now I want to address DHEA
    All the time I was using product from Lef.org successfully, but likely many other will also work.
    What it means that DHEA works?
    Till recently it was, pop a pill and check DHEAs at the lab. That always worked as expected.
    But, I note that my DHEA and {5a-androstane-3a,17b-diol (3a-Adiol)} are not as I would like them to be.
    So,
    I have changed the type of DHEA I use now. I use
    DHEA Micronized Lipid Matrix from Allergy Research
    Note that Nutricology and Allergy Research are either same company or related.
    Since I got such a good surprise using Micronized Lipid Matrix pregnenolone (when pills from lef.org and other supplies have not worked), I have a high hopes for this DHEA-MLM.

will see

DHEA-MLM can be bought at the same place and also buying by the dozen will get you better price.

I imagine that using pregnenolone should work for girls at least in first half of cycle.
    Then when progesterone would turn out to be too low, prometrium gelcaps to the rescue.

-------------------------------------------
    This post may also be helpful:

http://jackkruse.com/forum/showthread.php?6427-PG-E2-ratio&p=81508#post81508

--------------------------------------------

Almost two years ago I was trying to figure out the question:

Do I want good DHEAs or low (3α-diol G)

http://paleohacks.com/questions/71184/do-i-want-good-dheas-or-low-3-diol-g#ixzz2SS8qY126

but apparently no takers

wonder what dr K would have to say

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  3. I went ahead an tried an essential oil blend I made myself of peppermint, lemon, and clary sage as a way to cut down on hot flashes since BHRT E2 makes me gain weight and bloat. It's supposed to Prior to using the oils I was having at least four hot flashes (not sweats) every night and pretty warm during the day but no real flashes. I use three drops of the blend, morning and night. Now four days after adding this to my regime I am down to one hot flash at night! It's pretty early to call it successful but will report back as time goes on.

4. Claudia

Claudia New Member

That is very promising Patty Cakes. Good for you!