1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hormone Creams / Oils

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by tellmisty, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Claudia

Claudia New Member

2. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Hey misty,
    if you're thinking of putting together a library, would it be worth doing it in a wiki so you don't have to add all the stuff yourself, and it can be indexed?

3. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I am waiting on amazon delivery for my DHEA right now and hoping it shows up today...have been out for over a week. Personally, I think it is good to give my body a little break from it now and then.

Interested in trying the Young Living pregnenolone so I am going to add it to my list.

4. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Hi fitness,

How long does a bottle last you? Do you use the recommended 1-2 pumps/day? I'm currently taking micronized DHEA, but I know they say the cream is better absorbed and utilized by the body. I'm just trying to figure out how much I'd use of the cream . . . it seems a bit pricier than the powder.

5. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I use one pump per day and it raised my levels very well. Each pump has about 20 mg in it. It lasts me about 6-8 weeks using one pump six days per week. I don't take any hormones (use BHRT too) on Sunday as suggested by my doctor - I am postmenopausal.

It is pricier but I like the transdermal application.

6. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

Perhaps. :)

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

That is interesting that your doc told you not to take the the stuff one day a week. I am still trying to figure out what to do about that. I was thinking of stopping for two weeks each month but am worried that is too long.

8. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Thanks fitness. I might give the cream a try. I don't really mind doing my powder since that's how I take the pregnenolone too, but a cream may be nicer.

9. We really like Young Living essential oils. The purity of the product is quite evident when you compare it with others. I use the cinnamon bark oil for the toothpaste I make and it is soooo much better than the cinnamon oil sold in the natural food stores. Their nutmeg is heavenly and all the oils are food grade so they can be used for cooking as well. I have not tried the ones you mentioned but fascinated by the idea of hormones in that form. We have almost all the single notes from them but very few blends! I like to blend my own for flavors or smells.

10. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I have a lot of these essential oils, too. Love them. I'd love your recipe for the toothpaste. I was using peppermint oil from YL but ran out. I put it in coconut oil and call it toothpaste :). The cinnamon bark oil sounds awesome. I have another peppermint oil that is organic and I think the brand is Aura Cacia, but it says not for internal use so not sure if I should use it.

11. I just mix some baking soda with coconut oil and a little MCT oil.....wellah, I have toothpaste! I add the MCT oil to keep it from being hard and solid like the CO is in the winter.

12. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

I spoke with Jack yesterday about the pregnenolone / progesterone oils, and he seemed to think it was a great thing to try, FWIW. My order came in a coupla days ago and I have been using it. I'll report back. :)

13. Hope

Hope Gold

Misty, do share what you find out! I have been using YLEO's for 5 years...not the creams (yet)....but I know of many people in my 'upline' that swear by the Pregnenolone and other creams. They are expensive, but worth it. Good luck and can't wait to hear what you find! In fact maybe I'll try some with you :)

Oh, and I too love your ideas. Love the Optimal Reset. I am still rooting for us having an Optimal Retreat one day...

14. Hope

Hope Gold

Patty Cakes, would you mind sharing your 'recipe' for the toothpaste?

15. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Claudia, You have to work with it and don't give up. Your brain needs some time to register all the changes too. I also gained weight, etc. etc. but didn't give up. I like the oral better than cream personally. I used a lot initially and then slowly the tiredness went away. You have to take every cycle and keep working with it until you find your balance. You will hopefully love it once you do. Bio's are not easy to get in line. But, with paitience and more trial and error yoiu will find your balance. See if you can try oral. Might be just what you need and start slow.

16. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

I just mix some baking soda with coconut oil and a little MCT oil.....wellah, I have toothpaste! I add the MCT oil to keep it from being hard and solid like the CO is in the winter

Patty, thanks for the tip on the MCT oil. I use coconut oil with baking soda as well, but I'm not crazy about it when it's hard. I don't really use a recipe..just mix the two together until it's a loose paste.

17. Hope, see the first sentence above for ingredients. No recipe here. I just mix the three ingredients until the consistency is one I like. The baking soda is a nice addition to keep the teeth white and get rid of coffee or tea stains too.

18. Hope

Hope Gold

Misty, any update? It's almost a month now...would love to hear!

19. Hope

Hope Gold

Thanks PC, that is great! :)