1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

hormone conversion

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Dec 12, 2014.

1. exactly how do carbs result in conversion of estrogen to testosterone, and vise versa in men?
    is it just a cellular stress/pregnenolone thing?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The enzyme has to be entangled to allow for proton tunneling. If it is not reloaded in REM you lose this enzymatic flux ability.

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

@Josh (Paleo Osteo)

I think this is your answer:

but if I understand Jack's response. that proton tunneling for the enzyme btwn Estrogen <-> Testosterone must occur during a condensed state, specifically REM in order for the conversion to work properly. otherwise you're always one step behind in autophagy

4. and the carbs are uncondensing?

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

my thought @Josh (Paleo Osteo) is that the carbs are leveraging Cytochrome 1 to signal certain aspects of the circadian hormonal cycle. It makes sense to me that Estrogen would be associated with Cytochrome 1 for hormonal signaling. (cytochrome P450 addresses estrogen clearance and SHGB IIRC) This is just an intuitive leap based upon the fact b/c Progesterone like cold - so it would leverage cytochrome 2 and superoxide generation from FFAs .

but hey - I'm just trying to hack my thunderstorm... and I'm still swimming in... but clarity and success are beginning to arise...

6. thats a pretty good call i'd say.

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm just spitballing and fully anticipate Jack will tell me to finish reading Tensgrity 12.

8. i still wonder why the body would choose to convert T to E and E to T tho...what a strange quantum decision

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Well I make more T naturally due to PCOS. I wonder if the reverse process is to support women with PCOS getting pregnant and sustaining the pregnancy with E3?

As for Men... No Freaking CLUE. the Male hormone cascade I don't get (even though its the same cascade!) but there has to be a reason to leverage the tunneling of E to T and vice versa.

E to T supports hunting/protecting. T to E supports the bonding btwn father and child? don't men's E levels increase after their children are born? again.... just following intuition on this...

10. all good ideas. the carb link i dont get in men.

11. abundance of long light foods = no need to hunt?

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

yeah The only thing that I can think of... goes back to pregnancy - mammals are supposed to be pregnant during winter (hibernation time) and would be born in spring summer when light cycles are long - allowing for more estrogen to be converted which allows bonding btwn father and child (which may or may not look like dad)