1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hoping to get some help: PCOS, Keto, Paleo, Weightloss

Discussion in 'Female Quantum Biology' started by Kittenjo, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Kittenjo

Kittenjo New Member

Hi,

This is going to be long and I apologize if it's not in the right thread.

I was diagnosed with PCOS 14 years ago (@ 21). At the time I was about 265 lbs and had given up on getting back to a healthy weight. At 25 after seeking help from MDs including endocrinologists I gave up, no one helped. I later found the hCG protocol and then the Leptin Reset, thank you Dr. Kruse. I managed to lose 80 lbs and keep it off for 6 yrs with a paleolithic diet but my PCOS symptoms didn't improve so about 2 years ago I was put on metformin and birth control. I started to gain weight rapidly. I had a car accident 6 months ago and with the immobility, and not eating paleo, I peaked at 270. I stopped taking the meds, because they were also causing other issues.

Since finishing my treatment (April 2018) I have now switched to a ketogenic diet with how's of losing the weight. I'm currently at 243 lbs but have seen no progress in over 1 month. I workout or 5 days a week : 3 lifting days and 2 cardio days.

I don't crave carbs or sugars, I can easily fast intermittently, and I have more energy now than ever before. But is it possible to become leptin resistant again? I just don't know which direction to go in right now. I don't want to further compromise my metabolism.

I live in South Florida, does anyone have MDs they can recommend to help me figure out what's going on? Which blood tests should I have done and what should I look for?

I also take the following supplements:

1. multi
    2. vit d
    3. b complex
    4. b6
    5. b12
    6. folic
    7. coq10
    8. magnesium malate
    9. potassium
    10. collagen
    11. melatonin
    12. Chromium picolinate
    13. L-arginine
    14. DHA

TIA

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Go read all the threads on my Dr. Jack Kruse FB page now. Your problem are described there and you need to fix your circadian mechanisms to fix it.

Alex97232 and Kittenjo like this.