1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

HoneyChild's Musings

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by HoneyChild, Nov 25, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

can you sunbathe topless?

2. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Yes, we have south facing windows overlooking a bowling green so I can just open the windows and lay on the floor and nobody can see me (well, I cope they can't!). That's the one thing I'll miss about this place.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

soooooo ....you can sunbathe nude! lucky girl! :cool::cool::cool:

what are you studying for? I can't remember.....

4. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

I'm studying for a degree in health sciences but the modules I'm doing cover a wide variety of topics including microbiology and psychology. It's a distance learning degree and very general but I'm looking to using it as a stepping stone to something more specific such as biomedical sciences which I think will ultimately mean analysing people's blood for parasites etc.

That reminds me, I have a funny story to tell you but I'll go over to the 'girls in dresses' thread...

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

awesome .... so you are a work in progress ..... like the rest of us!

6. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

I bought some cooked prawns with shells still on today and unfortunately I really don't like their "fishy" taste. I've soaked them in the some of my home made fermented lemon juice to try and mask the taste which has helped a little. Been eating them a few at a time over the last few hours and now I'm totally stuffed. Was going to have lamb chops tonight but now can't even look at them so just had a salad instead.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

with the prawns ..... maybe keep trying other varieties .....they all taste different- at least a little and maybe the ones you got weren't very fresh?

8. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Been away for a week on a small island, west coast of Scotland and had the most amazing weather, got quite sunburnt on areas I forgot to apply SPF30 so I guess I need to up the DHA. At least I got to spend a fair bit of time paddling in the water, there are a few beaches and nobody really bothers with them. Oh, and there are some basalt rock pools too, if you're lucky some passing shrimp might give you a pedicure, lol. People who go to the island are more into walking and watching out for wildlife so we had the beaches all to ourselves :) . There's no mobile phone reception at all but modern technology is creeping in such as free wifi at the restaurant. There's satellite broadband in the cottage but I switched it off at the plug.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Beautiful pictures!

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Beaches all to yourselves?! Lovely.

11. Inger

Inger Silver

wow... so beautiful! My ancestors comes from there...

looks like you forgot your shoes on ;)

12. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

How long ago did your ancestors come from here? On the island there's evidence of Viking settlements from hundreds of years ago. There are stones laid out in the shape of boats and they are said to be Viking graves that point home to Norway.

Haha! Yeah at the time I thought "if Inger was here she'd be barefoot" but what to do about all the sheep shit? o_O I didn't want to carry those big boots around with me and some of the tracks are really stony and my feet just wouldn't be able to cope with them. I guess I'm still too much of a "towny" I will try to do better next time :D

13. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

I forgot to say that the island is basically one big magnetico sleep pad, there is a hill so full of iron that if you stand on the top of it with a compass the needle just spins round like crazy. I've never tried this myself but will try to remember to take a compass next year.

14. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Got my order of frozen seafood including oysters today. It says on the package that the oysters were produced May last year, so they're getting kinda old, I hope they're better than not eating any oysters at all. I've got a few in the fridge defrosting for tomorrow.

15. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

On Wed I had 3 of my defrosted oysters, next day I had 4 and today I had 5. It's still a struggle to overcome the gagging reflex but I think I'm getting better at it. I've also been cutting up frozen whitebait into smaller pieces and swallowing them whole with some water.

Had the first wild raspberries of the year, there were only a few ready for eating but they were delicious - certainly compared to oysters and whitebait! :D

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

you are doing great! beautiful pics........

17. Inger

Inger Silver

I remember it being my fathers grandpa....... The Vikings were some cool folks...lol

HoneyChild, I walk in sheep and chicken shit every single day!!! It is so not dangerous! And I do not use shoes at all, only when I go shopping or "in civilisation"
    I am kind of worried about having to use shoes much anymore - I do not like it at all. I am addicted to the ground, to touch it. Seriously! I crave it :rolleyes:
    Does it hurt too? Sure! But some pain is good in life, I have very little pain anyways lol So when I step n a stone i just have to laugh a bit... and I do get wounds too, but I do not care! They heal. I do not even put anything on them. They might hurt a bit for a while but it is no big deal. If it annoys me I take some wild herb leaves and tie around the wound and they heal into being painless in one night.

I have gotten serious addictions.... but I let me... because I know those addictions do not hurt me! I am addicted to wild foods too... i get euphoric when picking and eating berries and wild greens.... ouch! Nice drugs :D
    and when my bare feet touch the ground...... and my bare skin touch the hard rocks... sometimes there are hard moos on them that scratches me.. and some ants that walk on me and bite at times... but it all is part of the beauty!

18. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Yay, I got my results back for my exam - 86% which means I got a distinction. According to the data published on the website that puts me in the top 6% out of 748 people who sat the exam. I can't believe it!

I'm going out for lunch with my mum and gran because it's my mum's birthday so looking forward to telling them both. :D

19. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Congratulations on your exam results!
    Your Mum will love the news.

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Congratulations! Have a wonderful lunch with those you love...... x