1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

HoneyChild's Musings

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by HoneyChild, Nov 25, 2013.

1. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

There's not been much coming onto the property market so far this year so we eventually decided to have a look at this house today and liked it a lot more than we expected. I forgot to take my Trimeter so I'm not sure what the reading will be although I didn't see anything of major concern. There's a street light right outside which my BF isn't really keen on, says we should take the meter out with on for the second viewing. The garden seemed a bit damp and probably needs some attention, maybe create a pond which is something I've always wanted!

2. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Looks like things might be moving on the house-hunting front. The house we're had our eyes on for a while (see above) was basically put to one side as we felt it wasn't 100% what we were looking for, ideally we wanted something that was completely on its own. Spring is traditionally the time of year when properties start coming on the market so we decided to wait for something better but to be honest none of the properties have been any good, at first they look ideal but then we find out it's in a really damp location or right next to a major road with Kawasaki motorbikes screaming past at 90mph.

So we decided to have another look at this house and we're putting in an offer. My BF should be doing this today but I'm at my parenents at the moment so it's not great timing. Then we'll need to get our own place on the market but luckily properties like ours are in very high demand so should sell quickly.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Good luck ........

4. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Small victory yesterday, went to the supermarket and bought 6 oysters for 60p each plus I got 3 lamb hearts which were reduced in price. I sliced two of them up yesterday and placed them on a wooden board in the fridge and I had a third of the other one with some scrambled egg/crab meat for my breakfast this morning. I'm a little nervous of eating oysters again because of the seemingly random vomiting I had last year but I feel brave enough to try them again. All I need to do is find a suitable knife to open them otherwise I'll need to steam them. Wish me luck, lol. :)

Sue-UK likes this.
  5. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Moving house is always so exciting, if a lot of work. If you worry about eating raw oysters, why would you be wanting to eat meat that's high?

6. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

My vomiting last year seemed pretty random, so I don't know for sure that it was the oysters. I know that a lot of them apparently contain norovirus but I'm genetically resistant to norovirus so who knows. I don't seem to have any problems with raw meat so maybe things are improving in that department. Just need to keep pushing forward to see what my body is capable of dealing with.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have thrown up a few times from oysters ........ no idea why ....but I continue - and I love raw meat!

8. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

I just keep telling myself "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger" although it's a difficult instinct to overcome as there are obviously evolutionary reasons behind it. There was a wildlife documentary where they're training animals not to eat poisonous toads with a lot of success...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cane_toad

9. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Yay, our offer (which was below the asking price) has been accepted but they want the entry date to be the end of July because the wife is pregnant and they want the move to fit in with that.

cantweight likes this.
  10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Congratulatons!!!!!

11. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Awesome, funny how things work out ;)

12. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

I put my liver (gluconeogenesis) to the test on Saturday and completely failed. I wasn't able to eat any lunch due to circumstances and felt symptoms of low blood glucose/high cortisol. :( I would be terrible at IFing. Coincidently, I also had a flare up of an old tick bite on my leg which isn't something I've noticed in many months, don't know if it's related.

Also been really busy the last few days with getting our property ready for being sold, nearly there just have to wait for an electrician to upgrade the circuit breaker. Then we can get a surveyor up and the property officially on the market. An estate agent was up today and said properties are selling in 4-6 weeks just now.

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

sounds like everything is moving along nicely ........

14. sooperb

sooperb New Member

"and said properties are selling in 4-6 weeks just now."

I hope so. We've had a property for sale in Cumbria since November, it's not moving at all. I read a report that gave the selling times in different areas, in London it was days, in Cumbria 13 weeks lol. Let's hope yours is quicker off the start line.

15. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

16. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Very quick update, we've just accepted an offer on our property which is pretty good going considering it only went on the market 6 days earlier! I'm so glad that's dealt with - I've never done so much vacuuming and dusting in my life! :eek:

Now I just have my health sciences exam tomorrow morning which is the first exam I'll have done since school. Can't say I'm looking forward to it but I feel quietly confident. :p

Jude, caroline and fitness@home like this.
  17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Woo! Congrats HC!

18. nicld

nicld Gold

That's awesome

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

seems like everything is coming together nicely .....

quantum jazz!

20. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Thanks guys, looked out the window yesterday morning to see that the "under offer" banner had been put up, what a nice sight!

The exam went well yesterday (I hope anyway). I was fully expecting there to more technical questions but they were actually pretty basic, kind felt they'd been dumbed down to be honest.

There was one question for Paleo folks though :) It was about how people's health declined since the advent of agriculture and we were to give 2 possible reasons. Well, I didn't think talking about "quantum coherence" would go down well, so I had to wrack my brains for something a bit more "conventional." I couldn't remember what was discussed in the text book but I remembered watching a documentary where they talked about how the women had to grind grain all day to make enough flour for a loaf of bread. This was back-breaking work and affected their spines, so I wrote about that. I also wrote about living in close proximity to animals would cause the spread of pathogenic bacteria and parasites to humans. When I got home I had a quick look in my text book and only saw mention of carbs providing food for plaque-causing bacteria in the mouth. Damn, I've should've got that!

I now just need to finish assessments for psychology and microbiology which are due in on the 10th and 11th. It's a lovely day to day and would like to do some sunbathing but my computer is in the room furthest away from the sun so I'll think I'll do some note-taking the old fashioned way with pen and paper :)