1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

HoneyChild's Musings

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by HoneyChild, Nov 25, 2013.

1. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Basically I'm 31, have no libido and intercourse is painful. I get swollen toes from time to time and this summer developed xanthelasma around my eyes (basically little orange blobs under my skin). This is supposed to be related to oxLDL and heart disease!

I started leptin reset this time last year along with cold showers and occasional cold baths. I've always been naturally slim however I ended up losing more weight than I expected and now I think I'm underweight. Whenever I do cold baths I seem to lose even more which scares me and I stop doing them.

I also started having problems with waking up in the night hot and thirsty but this appears to have stopped since I cut back on the fruit about a month ago.

I do my best to keep technology to a minimum, I work from home, don't have wifi or cordless phones. My magnetic field at night is very low and I have a magnet sitting on the floor under my bed. I wear UVEX glasses in the evening.

The only supplements I take are maca and magnesium spray on my feet.

The problems with where I live are: live couple of flights up, city population about 1.2 million, nearest cell phone masts are about 1/4 mile away. We're desperate to move however I'm struggling to find the ideal home away from other houses.

Link to my test results and brainstorming...

http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?8790-Labs-in-Is-it-my-field-or-what

2. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

It looks like H. Pylori has been linked to xanthelasma, elevated cholesterol and raynaud's...

An uncommon lesion: gastric xanthelasma

Xanthelasmas were found to be associated with chronic gastritis, gastrointestinal anastomoses, intestinal metaplasia, and H. pylori infection.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16245231

http://chriskresser.com/what-causes-elevated-ldl-particle-number

Helicobacter pylori eradication ameliorates primary Raynaud's phenomenon.

The study shows that H. pylori eradication causes a significant decrease in clinical attacks of Raynaud's disease. The reduction of vasoactive substances determined by the eradication of the bacterium may be the pathogenetic mechanism underlying the phenomenon.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9724144

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you need electrons.........that is what you're lacking.

4. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

OK, so yesterday I bought 2 fairly large whole sardines but forgot to buy drinking straws so I went out and bought a pack today. On the way home I stopped off at a little park and put my bare feet on the fallen leaves for half an hour and looked at the sun. I then made a smoothie using one of the sardines and I have to say it wasn't exactly the most pleasant of experiences but I did manage to drink it all. At the moment I can't bear to use the other sardine but I may try just having half of it so I'm not having to drink so much in one go.

5. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Just eat it lol, I don't think you need to blend whole fish, the fish heads are done that way I guess to have an intake of natural calcium from the bone and the, erm, eyeball contents. No point in doing anything that will gross you out, that's asking to fail in my book. Also why I could never follow whacky diets, if you don't like/enjoy the food, you aren't going to stick to it.

6. Jude

Jude Gold

My daily breakfast of sardines...have to mask the taste......mashed and soaked in lemon juice, mixed with crispy bacon, cucumber, celery, avocado....and an egg on the side!:)

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

When you make your MHS ..... do you add lemon juice and corriander?

8. Jude

Jude Gold

I actually have never tried one.........yet..

9. Inger

Inger Silver

Use the heads for smoothie and make something nice from the rest? That is how I do. That way you will not have to drink large amounts of the yuckiness.. and you get a nice tasting dish to enjoy after you get the smoothie down! Also, to pour the smoothie through a sieve helps big (you might need to help and push with a spoon or it will not go through... at least if it is thicker). That way it feels like a rich fatty chocolate when you drink it with closed nose. I always close my nose. I taste nothing. I imagine it is chocolate! And with nose still closed I rinse my mouth and put something nice tasting in it and only then I stop holding my nose.
    Makes the whole thing not yucky at all. And you get the very best part of the fish raw :) eyes, brain...

Think about it like your medicine. Your hormone mood booster! That is what I do. I just had pieces of raw heart and liver with pieces of raw beef fat for breakfast. Nothing else. Just plain, fingerfood. It was yummy! And how it makes me feel... priceless! :D

Never think something is not possible, there is always a way :D

10. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

The problem is that I absolutely detest the taste of sardines, so I have no idea how to "enjoy" them. I hoped that drinking them as a smoothie would be the answer.

I love smoked fish like mackerel and herring but they don't come with the heads, so I'm not really sure what to do. I thought of buying some flat fish like plaice or dab and using their heads for a smoothie. I'm sure that would work too.

I noticed that the sardine smoothies I had yesterday were surprisingly filling and I didn't end up eating dinner until 7pm which is very late for me in the winter. I simply forgot about food. I guess it's the electrons :)

I'm also relieved that the smoothie didn't make me vomit, I've vomited so many times this year it's not funny. I think sometimes it's because of the raw meat and fish I've eaten. My body needs more time to adjust to this new way of eating it seems. I ate raw lamb chops a few weeks ago and woke in the middle of the night to be sick and was ill all day. So I'm now a bit more cautious about raw stuff, even although I have no problems with actually eating it.

Raw lamb heart is absolutely lovely and tastes like steak to me, although for some reason I hate it when it's cooked. I'm going to see if my local butcher has some heart tomorrow.

11. Inger

Inger Silver

HC, then it seems like a great idea to make a smoothie from the whole fish :D

Glad you could feel the "electrons"..!

Good to be careful with raw and only do the best quality in the beginning. Because if you have too little stomach acid or gut is not healthy IDK if it might hurt one. Parasites and bacterias that harm us are ment to be killed by our stomach acid I guess! At least that is how I figure my stomach works...lol I can pretty much digest anything...

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I don't think I would be eating a raw lamb chop! Are you making bone broths? If you add lemon juice and coriander to the smoothie it isn't bad at all ....and then I usually have a swig of red wine.......

Why are you eating so much raw?

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are you listening to Dr. Tim Jackson's bootcamp? We have to sort out our gut issues before we can move on...

14. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Why is is OK to eat raw beef but not raw lamb chops?

Yes I make bone broths and have soup made with it nearly every day.

I'm not eating a huge amount raw, I would usually have raw steak every other week. I think the raw oysters and raw lamb were really the only foods that made me ill. I also had vomiting when I first started drinking lots spring water, not sure if that was a co-incidence or not. Was also ill after being out for a walk on a hot day, maybe caused by dehydration even though I was drinking lots of water.

Aren't we supposed to try and eat a lot more raw, I mean cooking destroys things like coQ10 does it not?

15. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Not yet, I plan to some time soon. First of all I want to change my GP, I've not been happy with the way he treated my family so I want to switch. Hopefully I might be able to get some tests done on the NHS.

Also, I want to try and take a leaf out of Inger's book by focusing more on things like fish heads and grounding. At least for a little while to see if I notice a difference.

16. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

I had half of the sardine in a smoothie today and used some fermented lemons I'd made myself. The taste was more bearable.

Went to the butchers but they didn't have any lamb heart and they would've had to order it for me so I didn't bother. Instead I got a beef knuckle to make some bone broth. I was told they had these great big bags of lung, heart and liver because they'd been ordered by someone who's making a TV show about medieval feasts. I wonder what they have planned...

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are right .....there isn't mush difference between raw steak and a lamb chop!

To my knowledge ....JK has never talked much about eating raw - if at all...except to make comments on MHS.

When I add lemon or lime juice to seafood - I don't really consider that raw.

I was just thinking if you have gut issues ........

Maybe I have said this before..... sorry if I am repeating myself ....... Dr. Jackson considers that 95% of people have gut issues - and to not even bother testing at first - just start fixing your gut. I worry about people trying to eat raw unless their stomach bacteria can handle it.

of course I am no expert ..... not even close.

18. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

In October I started studying for a degree in health science. There are 7 books in this module and at the end of each book we have to do an online test plus there are a few written assessments too. The first online test I did I rushed it a bit and only got 63% however with the other 2 I printed the questions off and took my time. I ended up getting 92% and 100% :)

I really only need to get at least 40% to get into the final exam and it's the result I get in the exam that really matters. So hopefully I can continue to do as well as I have been so far.

[​IMG]

This is quite a big deal for me really. I've never considered myself an academic type. I remember in primary school I never did well at all. For some subjects we'd be split up into bottom, middle and top groups and I was invariably in the bottom group. I remember thinking it was strange that all the youngest kids in the class were in the bottom group but all the oldest kids were in the top. It didn't seem fair to me and I was the youngest. One of my friends was 13 months older than me!

I'd also come home with report cards saying things like "can barely cope with the most basic of work." No matter how hard I tried it made no difference, it was very demoralising. By the time I got into secondary school I felt there wasn't much point in trying, "I have two options, either I can try hard and get nowhere or I can not bother and still get nowhere." I choose the second option.

So I suppose the point in all this is that we can can change, nothing is set in stone.

Attached Files:

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am so happy to hear you are fully engaged now .... and what awesome marks! once you get some of your issues sorted - you are going to soar. Do you know that you could likely do consults with Dr. Jackson? at least I can. Email him and see if he deals with a lab where you are. Even though I have a great Doc and he is very interested in all this - he just doesn't know enough but he sure is willing to listen and excited to follow along with what Dr. Jackson will do. I always have copies of all tests sent to him and then I make an appointment and we go over them. He always tells me how much he learns. Other then that - he just simply doesn't have time - he is run off his feet! It is not his fault - he was never taught any of this stuff!

I think all of us have thrown so much money at supplements and various protocols and doctors etc. etc. ....and still not getting answers. After listening to Dr. Tim's bootcamp [and all the things that Dr. Kruse is teaching us] - he is giving us so much information and a plan to help ourself.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  20. sooperb

sooperb New Member

" It is not his fault - he was never taught any of this stuff!"

Ain't that the truth! But you know Audrey, there is always Google. Our GPs are busy on £120K a year, they no doubt claim they are busy too, spending it probably. It frustrates me that they continue to parrot off something they learned at Med. school years ago and only update what they prescribe because they are in the the thrall of the Pharma reps! Why don't they ever save a little time to update their knowledge, think of the difference it could make if they would just look beyond their desk and learn a little more from those like Dr. K. who are doing the legwork, printing out the results, how much easier can he and his more forward thinking colleagues make it. That lecture by Robert Lustig is phenomenal, all the information about the danger of sugar ingestion yet I'll bet most UK GPs have never heard of him and never watched it!