1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

HIIT ideas, plans and discussion

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Butters, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

this shall be a thread where we can collect ideas for different HIIT workouts and also how you can vary them and progress optimally.

I begin with a simple training idea based on the 40 yard sprints which are mentioned in the Leptin FAQ.
    I often have not much time to go out for that and also in winter I dont want to do that on frozen, slippy ground.
    So I used kettlebell swings for the same program idea that will look as following:

10 Swings x up to 20 times / break in between as long as you need to be able to talk

-start with 2 hands and aim for maximum power output on every rep, hardstyle

2. FNJORD

FNJORD New Member

Tabata squats or burpees = 20 seconds exercise as many as you can do + 10 seconds rest repeat 8 times.
    There are youtube videos that have timers in them, which is useful.

3. Chris James

Chris James New Member

I have found that a circuit training type system works great for me. All exercises I do to failure or for 30 seconds, then rest for 10-20 seconds.

I start with pullups, then swings, dips, goblet squats, pushups on the dip bars and then kb deadlifts. I repeat this circuit 3 or 4 times.