1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

High SHBG

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Dave Robinson, Feb 13, 2021.

1. My SHBG is 77nmol/L, I also discovered that I have significant dysbiosis in my gut after a GI MAPS test, would a leaky gut explain the high SHBG?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

High SHBG = low redox in the circulatory system.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

zohar likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

High Total Testosterone lowers SHBG
    High E2 Estradiol increases SHBG
    High E2 may be due to high aromatase.
    Lots of body fat, especially visceral fat = more aromatase
    High aromatase production may be inhibited with aromatase inhibitors (AI).

Low progesterone (relatively to estrogens) may raise SHBG (men need progesterone too).

There is a long list of natural AI.
    There are synthetic AI. Popular is Arimidex (anastrozole).

Before anything else, a good idea is to check metabolism--->> Homocysteine
    Desirable Homocysteine is within 6-7

PG/E2 ratio?? | Page 4 | Jack Kruse Optimal Health Forum

//

5. Awesome thank you for the information!

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-cortisol-levels.14194/page-150#post-295594
    @Jack Kruse
    [​IMG]

HPA axis

Get DUTCHtest.com

know more

7. Yeah I have Dutchtest booked. So just to clarify, a pregnenalone means that instead of producing progesterone I have producing cortisol and therefore low DHEA and Testosterone? I am aware that the root cause is a shit environment and I am working towards getting the funds to relocate (PDC). However, would hormone therapy help to temporarily alleviate the feeling of shit until I am able to fix environment?

JanSz likes this.