1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

High sex drive in women....I can't be alone

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by cantweight, Mar 4, 2013.

1. cantweight

cantweight Gold

No matter where I search there is nothing on high sex drives in women only information on how to increase it. Am I alone in this???

I have a past history of mega health issues fibromyalgia, Lyme, Babesia, hypothyroid...possibly hashi positive ANA, elevated RH factor, parasites, apnea, candida, obesity, PCOS, 3 bouts of shingles, EBV, CMV.....seriously the list goes on forever I almost find it laughable....stupid conventional medicine.

That said I have supplemented, dieted, cleansed, CTd, rx'd...etc and regained my life. The things I can not get control of are thyroid, hormones, candida, and obesity.

I know I have low estradiol and low progesterone.....they were at menopausal levels. I am 38 and still have a period. Thinking I am a collector...I believe Dr Kruse called it....perhaps my estrogen is all locked up in my fat....just not showing in my blood? My testosterone was high...in the 90's, back in normal range for a year now.

Wondering if anyone has experienced or has insight into what would cause a raging sex drive? From day 1 of period to ovulation I am like a 25 yr old guy....its almost distracting!

Thanks for help and input.
    Christi

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

I had that same issue when I was in my late 30's-40's ... I"m pretty sure it was partially due to estrogen dominance and a high conversion rate to T. and distracting doesn't even begin to cover it. I swear I thought about sex then more than any 16 year old guy does. When my parts got yanked the relief was immediate ... I got my brain back. BAD way to do it though. Are you supplementing with DIM? If I remember correctly (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm not) it helps clear out estrogen metabolites. You may also want to consider getting labs done to see where your hormone panel is exactly. If you aren't producing enough Pg, that (I believe) can cause estrogen dominance as well. Labs will clarify and then you can work on treating. Trying to self diagnose without labs is just not going to work.

3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Thank you! Yes! You put it perfectly....yanked parts= immediate relief and brain back. It is so crazy. Clears my head, helps me sleep, just getting out of hand these days! (no pun intended)

I am not on DIM but can add it to the mix, what the hell. Was on prescription progesterone, not pleasant. My hormones are not fans of me messing with them. About to start with Dr Kruse, see a hormone panel in my near future.

Just had to know if anyone else experienced this because it seems non existent in my searches.

4. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

I highly recommend TS Wiley's book "Sex, Lies & Menopause" as a GREAT place to start. I've been on that protocol for over 19 months and it literally saved me.

5. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Darleen, is this book useful for perimenopause, too?

6. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Claudia it is useful for ANY woman, no matter what her age.

7. diane

diane Gold

cantweight - I can't say that I have exactly the same problem. But do think I have possibly a higher than average sex drive. Although it doesn't take over my thoughts, thank goodness.

I'm with Darleen - start by getting your tests done, see if there are any clues there.

8. sweetie86

sweetie86 New Member

I've recently had EBV and CMV too within a matter of weeks of each other - working out in a remote, desert in the health field. I have a high sex drive too... But I think I've always had it. Im 27 now, but definitely feel there is a 16 year old boy inside my head and he is getting worse.

Does you ladies find that making love at lunch time sets you up for hunger before dinner (Even after BAB and a decent lunch)??? I am new to this site, I should maybe post this under a new thread but I was a bit shy bringing up the topic. Thank you for bringing stuff like this up!

I think somewhere I read Jack promotes sex before bed only? Or am I seeing things? Im only only my 3rd day and I have found this to be the case. I just caved and ate some sunflower seeds. DAMMIT!
    I was a chronic small meal eater and even the past two days of eating 3 meals only is amazing, NEVER thought it would happen.
    I haven't had any labs done since starting. I do often have fatigue but have been told its the recent EBV. Which is lies as I have always been fatigued but with a high sex drive, and on/off bulimia (which I haven't told GPs about). I had every kind of test and ultrasound GPs generally prescribe, telling me Im 'normal' and my blood is 'perfect' and then that are finished with me.. which is no help. I've always eaten clean but always frequent. Im not overweight but would like the change my compisition maybe lose 3 kgs.. Might mean I need to take them again once I learn about what labs I need according to this site.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Sex at dawn and at night at the beginning and the end of the light cycles is what I recommend.......this is when you need the oxytocin to offset the oxidation of living in the light. When you have an oxidizing disease that does not allow you to live in a chemically reduced state you begin to crave for things to offset what you do not have. You crave carbs because you have low ability to make ATP so you chose fast recycling foods........and you crave sex because it chemically reduces the brain..........having sex in this state can actually help......but you must put all the pieces together consistently to get out of the rut of the diseases you ladies mentioned in this thread.

The journey we make is defined by our personal epigenetics not the hardware we inherited called DNA. What we experience filters into our brain and our judgement of that experience becomes expressed.

10. sweetie86

sweetie86 New Member

Thank you! I have so much reading/learning to do regarding all of this and putting it together. I don't mind. So relieved to know that there is healing and a light at the end of the tunnel - looking forward to having it all worked out.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome ..... and have you thought of keeping a journal? it helps with motivation and keeps track of how you are going and we can lend a hand ......

Keep reading and asking questions ..... necessary part of this journey......

12. Hope

Hope Gold

Cristi,

do I read this right, you have apnea? Do you use a CPAP? Just wondering.....

13. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I did have apnea obstructive and central. When I did my sleep test it came back moderate-severe by their standards. I had a CPAP, hated that thing so much. Did a round of hcg a few years ago and started sleeping again after years of not sleeping. There was a massive shift in my body and I stopped all the crazy snoring/breathing and slept like a baby. I go through periods when it is disrupted and really think there is a hormonal component to it. I believe it comes back when I have a hormonally active ovarian cyst. Just my theory on that but it has held true for me. Once I began to put the pieces together I can see a pattern over the years of sleep disruption followed by mood shifts and pain and irregular periods, enlarged abdomen; then either a surgery or a painful rupture. Damn ovaries!

14. First off, thank you Christi for having the courage to voice what I have also struggled with the last 5 years!
    I thought that this was just addiction, a problem with my thinking, a week will power, god I have hated myself for a long time.

I am only now beginning to understand that my OUT OF CONTROL sex drive was like my COPING MECHANISM.
    And I have literally said forever that food and sex were the only things that made me feel better TEMPORARILY!
    Now I am slowly understanding that MY CIRCUITS have been shut down for so long! MY BRAIN HAS BEEN STARVING FOR ENERGY!
    My physiology, biology, biochemistry have all suffered because I have been starving for energy!

Thank you Dr. K for articulating that which I have not had words to express in a long time.

This journey is nuts!

15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yes, we are all figuring this out, thanks to Dr. K. Everyone's brain and body have been coping for so long. Must be difficult to be in crisis mode for decades. It's amazing we are still here. Some of us aren't.

16. Hope

Hope Gold

Wow. That is amazing. But please don't damn the ovaries....they gave you your beautiful children! They are trying to do the right thing I am sure......

If you have energy issues, are you certain it couldn't be sleep apnea contributed? (great English, yes). Just wondering. Maybe I am wondering because for me, without a CPAP I am miserable. I have not been tested in a couple years and my pressure has been reduced but without support, I think I'd be a mess. And I am still dreaming of getting a mouth guard instead to trash the machine....

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

some women become hypersexual with low Oxygen levels.......in fact many suicide happen when people masterbate while hanging themselves.......people with sleep apnea are often shocked at this relationship because they do not understand that oxytocin not only is sex hormone but it is one of the major antioxidants of the brain to try to cool off inflammation in the brain.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

climax can equal the power of three dose of morphine..........when the brain is sick.

19. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Wow. I have always said to my husband that orgasms were like a drug to me.

Is this hyper-sexual state a way the body is dealing with something in a positive way or should the behavior be calmed or stopped?

I assume addressing the hormone and health issues will help this all even out in the end. Man i wish you were still doing consults Dr Kruse...no Dr has ever given me insight on this ever. Just testosterone labs. My brain went through a lot when I was ill. Babesiosis with 104 degree fevers, felt like my brain was melting. Years of high dose psyche meds.

Mental state has been so good since illnesses were addressed. Cognitive improvements amazing, sense of well being couldn't be better. Guess I still have further to go than I had thought.

20. Nittygrittydanny

Nittygrittydanny New Member

is that also true for men, that orgasms are like drugs???