1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

High Hba1c

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Jamierichard, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Jamierichard

Jamierichard Silver

Hi everyone and it's great to be here. I've had some labs done and am really disappointed that having implemented many of Jack's suggestions over the last year, my Hba1c is higher and the results claim I'm prediabetic. I had the same test done just over year ago and I was just below this point then. I also have decreasing kidney function (compared to last year) and liver ALT above the range bracket. This is despite my having spent most of the UK summer out of doors with, 'skin in the game' (my vitamin d was really good at 125), never wear sunglasses, wear light orange RA optics blue blockers in doors when on a computer during the day and dark orange ones after dark, minimal ALAN, have massively reduced my mobile phone use and now have it on airplane mode whenever it's near me, catch probably 2 sunrises per week, have removed all wifi / bluetooth from the house and car, have swept these with a tri meter and removed all high EMF from my environment and wear my ice vest for 30 minutes a day once a week on average. I do live in the suburbs of a big city where 5G is planned but it's not been implemented yet, as far as I can see. I'm 50 years of age, enjoy good health other than I'm waking in the night for around an hour or so, my eyesight has just started struggling, I weigh 175 lbs, 6 feet tall, lift weights regularly and cardio once a week, very little fat around my waist, my mother is in good health at 75 years of age, not over weight, her mother died of cancer at 68 but her mother died at 86 in good health up to that point. I think a consult with Jack would be really good, does he do them and in the interim, has anyone any ideas on where I go from here?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  2. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Hi, your peak RF readings day and night?

Airplane mode is worthless you need to turn off mobile data along with wifi and bluetooth.

MITpowered26 likes this.
  3. Jamierichard

Jamierichard Silver

Hi Saichi, during the day it's difficult to say as I no doubt pass through RF fields that I'm not aware of however, my office is all hardwired and there's no wifi or bluetooth there. At night, my sleeping position subjects me to 0.0007mW/m2. In airplane mode, I ensure mobile data, wifi and bluetooth are all off.

4. Matt Resinger

Matt Resinger Silver

You did not post what and how often you are eating?

5. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Sunrise every single morning. That's 80% of the magic right there.

Phosphene likes this.
  6. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Congrats on your sleeping exposure better than mine currently. My phone's a 7 year old Samsung where the wireless functions actually disable as designed. MIT and I discovered today iPhones 8 and XR will not cease emitting RF regardless of settings. Have you measured your phone yet?

Phosphene likes this.
  7. Jamierichard

Jamierichard Silver

Thanks everyone, I struggle to catch sunrise every day as I'm a single parent with a young son who wakes after sunrise and then goes to school and as my house has no AM sunlight, I need to walk 5 minutes to catch it (I hope that makes sense?). Eating is an interesting question as I thought I was doing well by having given up bread in the last year, however upon reflection, I still eat more carbs than I should, probably around 150g per day. I've been snacking and taking a protein shake at 11AM. I eat before the sunset but in the UK this can mean me eating as late as 8PM. I've reduced my carbs and stopped the morning snack over the weekend and have slept a little better interestingly. I'm wondering whether a fasting glucose, RT3 and salivary cortisol test would be a great place to continue? Saichi, thank you, I have a 3 year old Samsung that turns off everything when in Airplane mode. I can't give you exact measurements of the phone but can confirm it blasts out RF and MF, you won't be surprised to learn. One other thing, I also had an elevated ALT liver function in my recent tests that wasn't there before.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  8. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

@Jamierichard have you tried intermittent fasting? My former hormone doctor told me I needed to eat 6 mini meals a day to manage blood sugar and drop fat. I did what he said, but my serum results worsened over time. I could not get my Hba1c below 5.9%. I later learned that every time I eat, even if it's the good stuff, my body release insulin. Giving the body a break from constant eating gives it a rest from all that oxidative stress. I dumped that doctor and his advice and began fasting.

Fasting may not be practical for you, but it might be something to consider.

Here's how I got Hba1c to 5.6% in 4 months (not a super-impressive reduction, but I am no longer prediabetic, and it's probably even lower now):
    1. Scheduled 3 meals a day and stopped all snacking in between. Made sure my last meal was a minimum of 2 hours before bed.
    2. Started pushing breakfast later and later, until it met up with lunch, and I was eating 2 meals a day. Any coffee or tea before lunch was taken black. No added fat or bone broth or anything with calories. I ate this way until it felt comfortable and natural.
    3. Started pushing lunch later and later, until it met up with dinner, and I was eating one meal a day (OMAD) 5+ hours before bed.
    During the adaptation phases, I ate a bit more fat (avocado, brie, fatty meat/fish, coconut oil, etc) for satiety, so it was easier to coast from meal to meal. Macros averaged 70% fat, 20% protein, and 10% carb.

For months now, I have been eating 1 meal a day, around 4PM. If someone told me I'd be doing this a year ago, I'd have said they were nuts. But it wasn't hard, I'm never hungry, and I love the simplicity of eating once a day.

Note: The one time I adjusted this schedule was during the Leptin Reset Rx. I moved my OMAD to breakfast for a while. But now I am back to eating 1 BAD (big ass dinner).

Helio Silva and Phosphene like this.
  9. Jamierichard

Jamierichard Silver

@Cuffy, thank you so much for your detailed reply. Intermittent fasting will certainly be something I'm willing to incorporate into my schedule - out of interest is the schedule you describe an example of intermittent fasting? I've completely stopped snacking and am on just the 3 meals per day now and never eat 2 hours before bed. I'm willing to drop this down accordingly. My Hba1c is 6.2% so now is definitely the time to act. I don't trust our medical system here in the UK, and in light of Hba1c not always giving the exact picture, do yo know what other tests I should order?

10. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Think I misread this first time, you mean your Samsung's acting like iPhones as well? If there's RF when all your settings are off while not engaged in calling/texting (haven't found a solution to that problem yet myself besides reduction) then you need to get a new older phone asap. I'm using NOS Samsung S4 but Verizon told me they won't support 3G after this year so I'll have to get a new phone then.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I could not get my Hba1c below 5.9%.
    Here's how I got Hba1c to 5.6%
    --------------------------------------

Blood glucose or HbA1c are secondary indicators.
    You may continue watching them or even drop watching it.
    In my opinion watching and actively managing
    fasting insulin --->goal below 3
    homocysteine ----> goal around 6
    should give better outcome

Hilde and Cuffy like this.
  12. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

That is my schedule of intermittent fasting (23:1 avg). The trick is to find a fasting interval that works for you so it isn't painful (e.g, a lifestyle change that's sustainable). Many people choose different intervals (20:4, 18:6, 16:8). I believe 16 hours sans food is considered the therapeutic minimum, but people with happy hormones may need less.

Check JanSz's post below for other tests to consider (fasting insulin, homocysteine).

I don't blame you for not trusting the NHS. I rather worry about the day we get socialized medicine in the US. I'm sure some countries get it right, but the US government has done a rotten job taking care of our veterans, so why should I think they'll take any better care of me when I am unwell or old?

13. Jamierichard

Jamierichard Silver

I'm not sure what you mean sorry. There's no RF / Bluetooth / wifi with the Samsung S6 when I'm in airplane mode. If I have to use the phone for calls, I put it on loud speaker and turn the mobile data off. Does that make sense?

14. Jamierichard

Jamierichard Silver

Hi JanSz and thanks for your ideas. I'll get fasting insulin and homocysteine tested in that case. One other thing I forgot to mention is I have thrombocypotenia. When tested last year this was 13 but has now increased to 19 (range 150 to 450). I'm hoping this increase may be because of my nnEMF regime change. I dislike seafood intensely, but have added this to my diet very recently. Today I pulled out my wet cupping kit and cupped my spleen and kidneys.. Happy to post progress (good or bad!) so others can learn..

15. Jamierichard

Jamierichard Silver

Thanks for clarifying @Cuffy

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I have thrombocypotenia. When tested last year this was 13 but has now increased to 19 (range 150 to 450).
    -----
    Get Spectracell.com
    Micronutrient Analysis
    and
    Lipid profile
    Post pdf file with results here, let me know after you post it.
    ----
    I dislike seafood intensely, but
    -----
    Get this test, post pdf file with results here:
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

17. Jamierichard

Jamierichard Silver

Hi JanSz, thanks again. I've attached my lipid profile and all other results below. I've emailed spectracell.com to confirm they deal with UK residents. If they do, I'll order the Micronutrient Analysis and Fatty Acid Profile from them..

18. Jamierichard

Jamierichard Silver

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2019-9-25_11-23-57.png
    Another reason why your homocysteine may be high
    -----------------------------------------
    Do not forget the other tests I posted.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2019-9-25_11-27-13.png

Do not be in the same room where the carbohydrates are.

Pork lard
    olive oil
    avocado oil
    coconut oil

Drink only when (really) thirsty).

Jamierichard likes this.