1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

High Early Morning Adrenal Result

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Patty Cakes, Sep 5, 2012.

1. I have been taking T3 only for five months. Last month I tested my FT3/rT3 ratio and it was 41. Woo-hoo, after a 14.3 ratio, I'm pleased. This month I tested the adrenals via a cortisol saliva kit from ZRT. The top range came back high at 13.6 (3.7-9.5), while all the others were in the perfect place in their respective ranges. Last year's early morning result was at the very bottom of the range so this is a huge jump.

I take my first T3 dose 2.5-3 hours before I get up and two other times during the day. I sure hope I didn't make a mistake with taking it that way before my first saliva sample although I'm not sure how this would make a difference since none of the other times appeared skewed and I had my other two T3 doses as usual. I'm not really having stress and slept good that night. Does anyone know any reason why the high reading would be so high?

2. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I read the T3 circadian book. If your cotrisol is too high in the am wouldn't it be better to take the fist dose later --maybe 1 hour before getting up so it doesn't give the adrenals such a big boost?

3. Destiny

Destiny New Member

First, congratulations on the ratio! It also looks that you fixed your AF. Great!

Fresheveggies might have a point in regards to the morning cortisol level. It might make sense to try taking your first dose when you wake up?

4. Thank you both. I just got my results back today so I haven't made any changes yet. Just wondering why it would go so high so I may change what I've been doing. I will most likely end up changing the time of the first dose to when I wake up but I thought it may be something else. Maybe I need to go back and check the book again.

5. I have also been taking 200 mg pregnenolone divided into two doses. I didn't want to spend the money to test that yet but I would think that may have helped with the pregnenolone steal I had going on. Oh dear ....

6. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I am no expert but I would think with this overall positive change, you should be able to tweak it.

I am not sure about pregnenolone either. I tested and it did not help me to know that it was very low. I still could not take even a very small amount of it. I think your reactions and symptoms are very important to follow with hormones not just your numbers.

7. Most mornings I feel OK but not like I have that high of a cortisol reading...seriously. I fell hiking the other day (they kicked me out of dancing school when I was 7 so I am not the most graceful bunny around) and its hard not to lie on my deeply scraped up knee/leg so I'm not sleeping as well as I should be. But that should get better once the pain subsides and I can sleep straight through the night.

My BP, temp, and HR are all normal in the morning. I have felt a little wired feeling around 10ish a few times but not on a regular basis and this high reading was from my 6:30 am result. I think I may just keep doing what I'm doing and do a little more investigation to see what may need to change. It's also time for another consult with the doc!

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

pregnenolone becomes cortisol couple hrs latter

9. Back to the much used phrase: test, test, test! It's the only way to know. Thanks JanSz!