1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

High DHA and EPA bad in fatty acid profile?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by FutureVision, Nov 9, 2015.

1. I received the results from my fatty acid profile and found the following:

LOW - Decenoic acid (capric acid), Lauroleic Acid, Tetradecadienoic Acid(Myristic acid), Hexadecenoic Acid, Palmitoleic Acid, a-Linolenic Acid , Vaccenic Acid, Arachidic acid(eicosanoic acid), Docosapentaenoic acid(DPA) and Docosatetraenoic acid(DTA)

HIGH - EPA(749 with a 14-100 range), DHA(278 with a 30-250 range), Nervonic acid

Is having a high EPA and DHA bad especially that EPA being so high?

You can find my lab report here: https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/looking-for-point-a.16893/page-3#post-181425

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you are getting good sunlight exposure.........no. If youre not it could be

3. Crap. I've been watching the alerts for a response but I guess you need to be watching your own thread to get them.

Good sunlight exposure. Well, I live in NH so we know that is going to be a challenge. When the sun is out I typically get outside for at least 30 minutes in the morning but it is typically just legs, arms, head and . If it is out around noon I'm out back with just shorts. You've already indicated I need to consider sun tanning or reptile lamps especially with my psoriasis and probably even more so with my Vit D dropping to 39 even though I've been out in the noon sun a good bit over the last few months. I dropped supplementing Vit D prior too those lab. Got a number of other crappy labs numbers too but I digress.

So this actually leads me to two questions.

1. If my sun exposure prior to my labs in mid October was better or similar to what it is now and my Vit D still dropped to 39 is that an indication that my current sun exposure isn't going to hack it with my EPA and DHA levels that high? I do have 23andMe data which I believe shows I have a VDR issue so maybe basing sun exposure on Vit D levels is not ideal.

2. If I am not getting good sun exposure how could high EPA and DHA be a problem?

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The higher your EPA and DHA the better catcher's mitt you have for UV light.......if your D3 is falling massively it tells you that you have a quantum yield issues in the environment that is not DHA based.

And this sliding scale goes up and down based upon the redox of cells where light hits it. Maybe the light is not present or maybe it is being subtracted out and you are getting too much blue...........That light either pushes or pulls cell membranes loaded with DHA. Can light push things like cell membranes? Could this result in phonons and solitons that get transmuted by the tensegrity system in a cell? You bet your ass it does. It has long been known that light carries both energy and momentum, but no one seems to know how momentum and energy get turned into quantum information for the cell. The momentum of light has not been so easy to describe for physics. New experimental results now suggest that the answer depends on whether or not the light can put fluid into motion: Since all cell membranes are fluid in humans this begins to make sense. CM with lots of EPA and DHA are MORE FLUID AND MORE RECEPTIVE TO LIGHT and to cold.

If light can move a cell membrane, light slows, and its momentum decreases within the tissue and it exerts a pushing force on a Cell membrane; This is how D3 is made with UVB light. Clearly D3 needs a lot of momentum to be made in the skin when you understand the details. What happens if you have no UV light to pass on this momentum and energy? You make no D3. You lose quantum information from the environmental system. You are assuming because you are in light that momentum is falling to your skin and eye. Your labs say otherwise. Say you live indoors under an LED for too long? Light cannot move the CM as well and lights momentum increases more and speeds up into a tissue and it exerts a pulling force on the lattice around it. This is similar to what a bullet tract does when you get shot. The result is you won't have any D3 made either............to me this is your issue. No bueno. When things like this happen what do I say? Look to the environment and not inside of you for the real answer. Your environment is changing.

http://phys.org/news/2015-06-physicists-pressure.html

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

NH is your problem...........low UV and in winter in NE people's power consumption spikes creating nnEMF around you further knocking your D3 down.........no wonder you aint sleeping as we head to 12/21/2015.

This story on D3 also explains why you have psoriasis now.........you are getting nuked with blue light and it is penetrating to your depp layers to drive basal skin growth.

jwhb77 and Josh Rosenthal like this.
  6. I see. So I have my engine primed nicely but I lack an ignition(Crappy UV and nnEMF environment plus a poor redox at the skin) to get it going. Short term I need to hack this. Suntanning or reptilian bulbs as you have mentioned before and step up my CT game. I'm not sure how cumulative levels of DHA and EPA are if I keep eating it at my current pace. If they are then my numbers are just going to elevate higher and that can be a real mismatch with my UV environment and maybe even my hacked environment if I don't do that right/smartly.

7. I'm currently doing a small biohack using a Sperti Vitamin D lamp. I'll post the results in about a month. I live in Northern Virginia so a bit sun-derived uvb challenged this time of year.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    Shijin13 likes this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Good......Randy you should do a guest blog on it.

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Nice Randy

I'm currently hitting a tanning salon 3x/week in addition to AM UV exposure at sunrise... Definite uptick in production, and other things....

QuantumRadical likes this.
  10. I have actually been thinking about doing a guest blog. I have lots of data! LOL. Great idea.

11. Gretchen, do you know what type of tanning beds you are using?

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

UVB beds - made by wolfe??/ I think Interesting thing... the ladies/girls at the salon kept trying to push me into the higher beds that have more UVA... I told them I was here for the UVB b/c I can get UVA any time I'll get the model number the next time I go...

QuantumRadical and FutureVision like this.