1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

High Cortisol, Leptin Rx + Carbs

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by ozbuck, Nov 29, 2013.

1. ozbuck

ozbuck New Member

Hi Guys!

I recently had some blood tests done as well as a cortisol saliva test. The results showed that my cortisol levels were high from 8am-8pm (12 hour test). I have no problem at all falling asleep, I wake up a few times during the night but roll over and fall back to sleep easily, in the morning I wake up feeling totally unrefreshed.... takes about 30-60min to feel ok.

My doc thinks I have adrenal fatigue issues.

I've read Jacks article on HPA axis problems being the cause of AF. So I want to start the Leptin Rx. I'm 6'2", tall, lanky and skinny (72kg). When it comes to the 50g carb intake for the Leptin Rx Jack says it is "not strict for the underweight".

So how high can I go for my carb intake while getting good results? I usually eat around 150g carbs a day.

Any other advince, info, insights, etc on reducing high cortisol and healing adrenals is appreciated!

Thanks

Oz

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Oz and welcome!

I am not sure about the carbs ..... someone else will come along with more of an answer for you. You should eat seasonally and locally tho. Where are you located?

things to do....

#1 Leptin RX - using an epi paleo template
    #2 C/T .... follow easy start guides for both
    #3 avoid fake lite - upon rising go outside and look at the sun. No artificial lites after sundown. Use blue blocking glasses when on computer, TV, ipad etc.

#3 What is your non native EMF exposure? at work? at home? your bedroom? You need to take anything electrical out of your bedroom. No alarm clock, TV, computer etc. Shut the breaker off to your bedroom
    #4 drink spring water
    #5 get as much sunlight as possible on as much of your body as possible ....walk barefoot .....hug a tree....

Please have a look at Dr. K.'s podcasts and there is a free webinar by Dr. Tim Jackson - heal your hormones. Consider joining the bootcamp ....He is giving us a ton of very valuable info.

Have you read Dr.K's Book? The Epi Paleo RX ...... a great read to understand all of this in a nutshell!

consider starting a Journal so that Dr. Kruse has context .... tell us about yourself :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Also - post your Labs in the Lab section ....and someone can help you with those.

4. ozbuck

ozbuck New Member

Hi caroline, thanks for the reply!

I'm located on the east coast of Australia.

When it comes to c/t, do I start with dunking my face in the cold water?... or is it my whole head?

Last winter I was going swimming in the ocean (15-16*C)... I loved it, really energizing. But I thought I had an underactive thyroid (cold hands, feet etc) so I thought it might do the opposite to 'warming' up my body. But from what I've read quickly, c/t actually helps warm up the body. Will c/t help with reducing cortisol levels?

What protein do you like to have in the morning to get 50g?

Thanks

5. nicld

nicld Gold

My N=1 with CT is that is does help warm the body plus getting the thyroid working again. My hands and feet were ALWAYS cold (even in summer) but now that I have been doing CT since July and the thyroid tests are a little better I am getting much warmer. I just started with the baths but I started in summer and it was to get me cooler before bed since I do not have central air in my house.

For morning protein, it is either grass fed beef or pork and bacon. It just seems to hit the spot and keep me full for 7-8 hours.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Oz..... I usually think dinner for breakfast - so I will often throw a leg of lamb or pork in the slow cooker and it is ready for breakfast. I also have a couple of BPC to up the fat. Anything goes - whatever you like really. Some find that seafood isn't filling enough for breakfast

To be honest - I usually have a little of this and a little of that .... Whatever is in the fridge. I make a chicken liver pâté that is half butter.

I am just south of Sydney - where are you?