1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

"High" Cholesterol - is it really??

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Duchess Sunshine, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Duchess Sunshine

Duchess Sunshine Wanting to Migrate south.

Here are my numbers for my cholesterol. How concerned should I be?? I think my ratio's look good but my cholesterol is listed as high. This was testing done by a life insurance carrier. I have never had any concerns with my health before this.

54 year old female. I have gained approx 40 pounds in two years. That is troubling in itself.

I am 5'4" 163 pounds

I have been sunrising everly day since last October. Grounding and eating my oysters!!

Any advice or insight is greatly apprciated.

My liver enzymes are not very good either.

Attached Files:

John Schumacher and JanSz like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I'm not concerned about numbers, but why would you be?

3. Inger

Inger Silver

Sunshine,
    I have almost identical HDL and LDL cholesterol levels, I am not worried and my doctor neither :)
    If it helps any :)
    He calculated my cardiovascular disease risk (blood pressure and other factors included) and it was less than 1 %.

DReeves likes this.
  4. Duchess Sunshine

Duchess Sunshine Wanting to Migrate south.

Thank you, so, good to know!

5. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

If you really want to Access your cardiovascular disease risk you could get a coronary artery calcium scan.
    Unfortunately it is not covered by insurance or Medicare but it only cost about $150

Duchess Sunshine likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I have paid $100 in Denville NJ.

Duchess Sunshine likes this.
  7. brookway17

brookway17 New Member

Might have been $125 I don't really remember but I do remember that I got CAC score of 1.4

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Excellent.
    I got 2.