1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hi from Canada

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Beverly, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Beverly

Beverly New Member

Just wanted to properly introduce myself, my name is Beverly. Good morning to everyone.

He challenged me to not only be my own advocate but keep looking because he (and I deep down) knew there was more going on with me. In pressing along for answers I am some what terrified at what I have and am discovering but I am also excited for a chance to make some major changes in my life. Hope for the future. Changes I will be implementing not only for myself but for my children as well.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. jenaf

jenaf Silver

Hi beverly ;)
    Where abouts in Canada are you? I'm in Vancouver... I kinda wonder how many people here are from our part of the world. Dr. Kruse has helped me to help myself tremendously over the last two years, although my own journey has been haltered occasionally, had its ups and downs, but the improvement is incredible. And through me, a lot of this vital information has helped my family and some of my patients too.

Jena

3. Beverly

Beverly New Member

Hi there,
    So happy to hear of the great strides you are making. I am actually really excited to make some progress and gain some knowledge. It can certainly help not only us but yes our whole families!

Hugs.
    Bev.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome Beverly! I was born in Toronto and now live in Australia....

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

This is an amazing journey......keep reading and asking questions. Have you listened to Jacks latest podcasts? They tie a lot of things together for us non scientific folks! :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  6. Hi Beverly!
    I live in Toronto.
    There are many days I feel overwhelmed by all the information on the forum and in Dr. K's blogs but it really inspires me not to give up, to keep learning and growing :)
    Glad you are here!
    Jen aka beach bunny

7. nyseides

nyseides New Member

Hi from Thunder Bay, Ontario. Grew up in Ottawa Valley, then lived in Toronto for many years, and then moved to Northwestern ONtario 13 years ago. Talk about culture shock, lol. Took years before I stopped saying "I am from Toronto" and reclaimed my inner hick, bought a house in the boonies with a wood stove, a big collie, a 4x4, quit smoking, took up xc skiing and organic gardening. I moved into town last year, but to a part of town where I'm surrounded on 3 sides by water, (Lake superior, the Kam river). I'm looking for a doc to help who will write T3 only therapy, northern travel grant will pay to go to toronto or winnipeg. Anyone have OHIP doc in toronto they recommend?

8. Hi Nyseides,

Unfortunately, living in Toronto often feels like the Dark Ages. I have struggled for the last few years to find a Dr. who would work with me locally but so far have been paying out of pocket for Naturopaths. If I come across someone I will definitely let you know.
    You could try to look into Dr. Alvin Pettle:
    http://http://www.drpettle.com/

I do not have personal experience with him but know that he charges a fortune.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you asked at a compounding pharmacy? That is how I found my Doc,

10. Beverly

Beverly New Member

Thanks Caroline. Glad to have found you all. One of my girlfriends just moved to Australia last year. She loves it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  11. Beverly

Beverly New Member

Yes I am just starting my podcast journey. To say I am unscientific would be an understatement but I am willing to work and learn.:)

12. Beverly

Beverly New Member

Thanks Jen,

There are a lot of resources here and so many wonderful people. Happy to have found you all!

13. Beverly

Beverly New Member

Hi nyseides,

Just wanted to say hello back and wish you good luck in finding an open minded doc.