1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hi from a new member moving to Florida

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Joel Marquez, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Joel Marquez

Joel Marquez Silver

Hi Everyone!

My wife and I currently live in Seattle, and we've made the decision to sell our house in our overpriced neighborhood and move to Florida because we're in desperate need of sunshine.
    We're looking at the north part of Florida, likely the panhandle area. We'll be visiting in April to look at some places.
    We've heard that Perry, Lake City, and Milton are good options. Anyone have any opinions about that?
    Of course, we'd like to be away from densely populated areas and ideally would like to find a few acres.
    If anyone else is going through this process, I'd love to share notes.

Thanks!
    Joel

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Joel and welcome.

There are others here looking to move to Florida as well.

Good luck on your optimal journey to health and wealth!

3. Joel Marquez

Joel Marquez Silver

Thanks Caroline. I'm not sure where to put this, but after the monthly Q&A, I was inspired to start a Facebook group called "Mitochondriacs Moving to Florida."
    If anyone on the forum here would like to join, just search for it on Facebook and I'll approve your request.
    If any of the moderators think this would be better posted on a different thread, let me know. Thanks!

4. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

Hi there good luck with the move.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Facebook group called "Mitochondriacs Moving to Florida."
    Ability to see dawn and sunrise year round and sun at least till 8pm or sundown (I guess that may mean Atlantic Coast beach front)
    Low population density
    2+ acres
    Not flooded (in the last 40 years)
    History of low hurricane/tornado frequencies
    Ability to have care over housing/property when the owner is absent
    xx
    xx
    xx

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  6. Hi Joel, We are in the same boat. My father is going to look in the Milton area for us this weekend so I will report back with his findings. Have you visited yet? Good luck!

Michael CULLEN likes this.
  7. Joel Marquez

Joel Marquez Silver

Hi Lindsay! We're in the middle of prepping our house in Seattle for sale, so we have to delay our trip to florida for a few weeks. But we'll be there in mid-may for a few weeks. Let us know what your father says. We'll be looking at a lot of places in the Panhandle. In the meantime, if you're on Facebook, please join the Mitochondriacs Moving to Florida group and maybe we can all compare notes there.

Lindsay Alfieri likes this.
  8. Freebird

Freebird New Member

Best of luck with the move. I love Florida. Lots of great sea food, water and sunshine.The trick seems to be finding a good place, according to people I've talked that have been there for a long time. They tell me that the population and traffic and man made radiation have increased so much! What areas are you looking at? How close are the airports and military to those areas?

9. Thought you-all would enjoy this -> "You moving to Florida?" by Ken Wheeler

Marilynn Stebbins and Freebird like this.
  10. Freebird

Freebird New Member

Good stuff. Thanks John.

11. Joel Marquez

Joel Marquez Silver

Hi Freebird, we're looking in the Florida Panhandle for a more rural place with some acreage we can use to grow some food and trees to help block high winds and radiation. I'm excited to check out the oysters. We definitely want to stay away from the population centers, but at this moment, we don't know much more than what we've seen on Zillow. I'd love to hear from any of the members what their experiences were, if they're in the same boat.

Lindsay Alfieri likes this.
  12. Freebird

Freebird New Member

yeah fresh oysters are so good! I'll be curious to see what you come up with for an optimal location.

13. Hi Joel, Good luck to you and your family with the sale of your house! My dad actually has a condo on Longboat Key near Sarasota and so I started looking near his place for good areas in terms of EMFs etc. We found an area about an hour inland around Myakka Valley Ranches with only a couple cell towers according to antennasearch.com, which is something I wasn't even able to find on the panhandle so I'm wondering what Jack's opinion on that would be... It's a rural area with horse farms everywhere. I'm going to head down mid May and check it out and take measurements with my devices (I trained with Geovital) so I'll report my findings here afterwards. I actually don't have Facebook but I'll try to follow you all on here!

John Schumacher likes this.
  14. Joel Marquez

Joel Marquez Silver

That's awesome, Lindsay! We're going to be in Florida in mid-may also, but we're going to be in the panhandle area, between Apalachicola Bay and Pensacola. Good idea about looking for cell towers with antenna search. We'll be there for two weeks to look around and then we're hoping to move at the end of the summer. Good luck to you too! Do you do EMF testing and remission advice too? We had Brian Hoyer out to our house in Seattle and we tried to turn our bedroom here into a faraday cage, which worked for a while, but it was useless when everyone around us had their 5G wifi transmitters turned on.

15. Freebird

Freebird New Member

Sounds lovely. I'm not familiar with that particular area. Hope it turns out to be pretty "clean" for you there.