1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by lisa, Mar 31, 2013.

1. lisa

lisa New Member

I've never posted on discussions like this before. I'm excited to learn. I'm about 6 weeks into the leptin reset but feel as though something isn't working for me. I keep reading everything 2-4 times to "get it". I have a doctorate in nursing and I am having a hard time understanding everything Jack says, but I believe it. I have 3 generations of diabetes in my family and a LONG personal history of yoyo dieting. I haven't done all the labs that Jack recommends but I have it on the list of things to do soon. I know this lifestyle is the one for me, I just need to get it right. I'm looking forward to getting support here.

40 yo female
    5'6"/157 pounds (goal is 135)

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Lisa, welcome!

3. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Hi Lisa!
    You are in the right place, you'll get a lot of support here. It took me 1 year to lose 10 lbs and then 6 months to lose 20 more lbs. Also my FBG took time to control. It takes years to get broken, so it doesn't take just weeks to fix it. Just be prepared to have a lot of patience. We are here for you when you get frustrated!

4. Vicster

Vicster New Member

Hi Lisa, it's taken me a long time to "get it", as you say, and there are still things that I don't "get"! :confused: I've reread blogs countless times and each time clarity comes. I've also found as much information and insight in the forum from members as I have in the blogs. Read the forum topics that apply to you and ask questions when you need to, the members here are extremely smart, helpful, understanding and supportive. Good luck to you on your journey!

5. BJK77

BJK77 New Member

Welcome Lisa! I've been reading Jack's blogs for over a year now and still don't "get" it all. Eventually though as you continue to read and re-read you'll find yourself putting pieces together and gaining more and more clarity. It's a lot of work, but so very worth it :)

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome.........

7. shilohman

shilohman New Member

Welcome to your Epi-paleo journey. Enjoy!!