1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Herniated disc

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Danco3636, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Today's back surgery recovery rehab workout ➖:
    Cold Therapy ❄️ until shiver then ride the shivers for an hour or more. Then outside morning sun for a few hours off and on as I warm up, deep breathing and joint movement.

Healing up nicely with no medication or pain pills.

enyaw, JoeBranca, Inger and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nice

enyaw likes this.
  3. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

@Danco3636

Sorry late to party: hope this helps as a bandaid for when flaring.

SWIM (someone who isn’t me) says:

Ketamine 20% in pcca transdermal base LIPODERM

SWIM says:

It is the most powerful, highly effective chemical for neuropathic pain known to man.

SWIM says:

Apply directly to spinal cord areas affected and also to piroformis muscle (which sits above the siatic nerve and may be likely and commonly inflame and cause siatic pinching). May also apply down leg but not as salient.

Apply every HOUR for first 48 hours while awake then reassess

Work in a massage with a soft ball over the piroformis muscle 20 minutes post cream application... graduate to More firmer balls (tennis then lacrosse/golf ball)

Add in an antiinflammatory if you can (ketoprofen 10%)

-swim

4. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Swim says:

Long term goal concurrent with quantum biology optimization:

Investigate Msk contributors to herniation if any...

Posture/subsequent myofascial trigger points (tight muscles)

5. What does someone who is you think about the advice someone who isn't you is giving? Danco seemed to have solved his problem 3 years ago with Cold thermogenesis, not Ketamine.

6. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Thanks for the update. I missed that. This advice could still help others in similar situations.

I understand this is a quantum biology forum. And maybe some might think I'm barking up the wrong tree. But there is a time and place for every modality. And I think the approach above may have helped band-aid the situation until he got going with his CT.

tks

7. I am not in a position to know anything explicit at the moment, but one important point to take with you is that biologically, everything is quantized.

Look at this video It is Dr. Doug Wallace's Talk from 8th Annual Oliver Smithies Symposium

The point: The quality of our health is dependent on our mitochondria ( the energy genome) ( the quantum controller genome)

So, modality, although a fine tool, is not really applicable to ketamine vs quantum biology because there is no separation or modality to be had. My question is, why does this other person ,who is not you, think this is a good idea? I suppose if you knew , you would say. Don't worry about that. If I had anything bad to say about Ketamine, I would have. I know nothing about it other than what I just read. The forum is about mitochondriacs. It's more important you understand why. It will help you to elucidate figure out whether Ketamine is something you should be suggesting. Use this place to educate yourself. The best way I have found to do that is to make folders of individual ideas, whether or not they include other ideas and to cycle through them and constantly expand on each one, I have only recently begun doing this. Look for ways to help yourself first, not someone who isn't you giving advice to many other's who aren't you. haha.

You can't give what you don't have

8. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Hello,

I shall hopefully find time to watch the video.

My non response is my response... I'm not sure if you are picking up on that... nor am I sure how to explain that publicly to someone that I assume is not health care (IE bound by certain legal, ethical obligations). Let's put it this way, there is a private health care practitioner section on this site that is not visible to the general readership for a reason.

Read initial post above for the basic reason why Ketamine is a very good "stop gap".^^^^^^

I get your point as well as I can, about being modal or not.

Your position is contentious for sure, valid, and interesting. However I think its more complicated than black and white ... ie whether at this moment in time it "fits" within what appears to you to be the mitochondrial framework...

Do I know at this time whether Ketamine indeed helps the long term end game of the patient, of the patient's mitochondria. No. Guilt as charged.

Was my "righting reflex" perhaps a little quick on the draw without a more delicate preface to how this applies on a quantum biology forum. Yes. Guilty as charged.

Do I need to watch your video and countless other videos still regarding quantum biology... Yes. Guilty as charged.

However, here is where I stand.

SWIM (perhaps this term is what is throwing you off the most?) believes Ketamine, could have an important impact to a patient, mito-believer or not. Maybe it really really helps someone in the short-term manage their pain, and thus quality of life... maybe it could be the difference between getting out of bed to even do CT in the morning, for an otherwise debilitating sciatic nerve pain. ?

This is where I think things get philosophical. Jack has NOT gotten to where he is at in his understanding of this amazing universe "staying in his lane".. learning about neurosurgery... He has kept his mind open, cross trained in other disciplines, and cross trained some more again. I believe this is a key piece to what makes Jack so so prolific at what he can do and understand. He's building a mosaic'd quilt... not an ivory tower.

Everything has a role in a time and place. And I think SWIM has enough expertise to believe ketamine could perhaps fit within the quantum framework, here and now, and maybe tomorrow.

I'm still not quite clear, fundamentally, at what point you took exception to my post ... but I"m happy to discuss to reach a mutual understanding. Disagreements breed future understanding, as JT has wisely said.

The final point is this:

This is not my forum. I believe SWIM has valuable input and expertise that can be married with quantum biology.. an evolving fusion...

DO NO HARM. HELP PEOPLE. That is the hippocratic oath.

But I will stand down should the moderators wish it and I will begrudgingly yet respectfully tuck my ego between my legs... For sure, its a fine line of advice and practicing medicine...which i think is the real crux of the underlying issue I see with my post...and not whether it appears to be mito approved or not.

I rest my case.

9. Calm down and relax and enjoy that video. It is enjoyable, not homework. It will give you a little momentum. I'm not attacking you. Take your time. Peace love aquariums.

MITpowered26 likes this.
  10. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

I am calm!! Stop saying I’m not calm!!

Kidding :)

Peace to you two, haha. Thanks