1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Herniated disc

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Danco3636, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Well the ESI did nothing.
    Been doing cold but looks like I need to step it up.
    Red light haven't used that but have been using hours in the sun.
    Keeping at it though it hurts like a mother _
    Surgery is still in the works so we will see if I can whip this thing until then.
    What else am I going to do..... lay around in pain and be depressed? Hell no, gotta keep going and fighting. :)

Josh Rosenthal likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You could get a HI DOW massager off Amazon prime......cost is about 50-60 bucks as a last ditch option. I use that on most patients to try to avoid surgery.

Phosphene and Mito1 like this.
  3. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Thanks Jack. Got it on order and should have it by tomorrow. Also ordered an infrared light.
    Going to step up my cold as well snd see if I can hack this thing away before surgary.
    Now off to get more fresh oysters.

Thanks again for everyone's help here.

4. Hi Danco
    Have you tried icing the back for 20 mins at a time for 5-6 times a day? No heat but Ice the area. Normally radicular or distal symptoms are bad but you want to gather up the pain from distal extremities to low back area. If pain is worse is low back but radicular symptoms decreasing then that's actually a good sign. Dont sit for prolonged periods or in low chairs as increased bending will most likely increase pain (esp in a posterior bulge) depending on which way you disc is bulging. Driving is particularly bad for prolonged periods as the axial compression on the back is tremendous at that time. Transdermal magnesium oil massages around the spasming area in back might be a good thing to do as well.
    Hope you feel better soon

5. Also finding a good manual physical therapist that can use a traction unit would be beneficial as well in my humble opinion.

6. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Yes I have iced it so much I had cryo burn on my back.
    I'm not able to sit, it kills me. Mostly I lay on my stomach for relief. I do intermittent moving and getting up to just keep going.
    Bulges to the back as per MRI.
    I have an inversion table but only helps in the moment.
    I also do full body (pool at 55-60) intermittent CT through out the day.
    Started with intermittent infrared light treatments and EMS massage. Though I am not fond of the EMF that these carry I want to see if they help.
    Right now it is:
    Outside sun
    Outside grounding
    CT
    Daily seafood
    Magnetico at night
    Lots of structurd cold water
    Rest with interment movement and stretching
    Positive attitude. (Got to, I have twins coming soon, that always makes me smile).

Until I get a surgery date. Hopefully I can beat the cure before sugery. The race is on!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Wonder if the Quantlet would help..... hasn't shipped yet I guess.

7. How bad is the bulge at l4 and l5? It is a bulge and not a herniation correct? Does the MD have you on any anti-inflammatory meds? Taking any curcumin? If you could decrease the inflammation a bit at the l4- l5 area the leg pain would subside since the bulge would not be touching and irritating the nerve root. Really watch your posture as you dont want to increase flexion or bending in lower back for a prolonged time. When you sit have a lumbar support in low back area so that you are not sitting slouched. During sleep try to find a good posture that does not increase pain. For example if side lying keep pillows at knee and ankle for support so you hips are stacked and there is not weird twist in you back. Check out McKenzie protocol for back pain.

8. DLO

DLO StarFish

Wonder if some DMSO would help

9. Kevin W

Kevin W New Member

Hey hey all...
    Very sorry to hear about your back. Truly rough.

I have had L5 issues for some time. Chiro trips weekly to every 2 weeks. Miserable off and on. Keep in mid my wife is disabled and I lift her 80 plus times a day. Nothing I did helped.

Then we started working with Michael Nuerte, of course learning much here as well in the forum, podcasts and blogs (Thanks Jack). We were living in an EMF nightmare. Literally. Our ELF magnetic readings off the charts and the ELF EMF readings poor as well. Smart meters all around us. We moved to the country, to a house wired properly while working with Michael on wiring and such.

Literally even though the move was tough, my back changed over night. I did not have to see a chiro for over 2 months. I now go every few months. I still deal with lots of tension in my back and such, Many reasons behind that. But I can say that nnEMF nightmare was 99.9% the culprit. As many things I have tried for my health, besides waking up watching the sun rise, nothing has ever come close to making that noticeable of a change. I still have issues with my back, tons of tension, tightness, need to stretch often but had had these issues for much of my life and I am working on.

How is the nnEMF there?

shah78 likes this.
  10. Valerie

Valerie Gold

As Dr, Kruse has been telling us....

Up to 28% of astronauts indicate they had moderate to severe back pain, sometimes lasting the duration of their mission.
    Things don't improve when they return to Earth's gravity. In the first year after their mission, astronauts have a 4.3 times higher risk of a herniated disc.

They are likely being a bit narrowed minded as they cite muscle atrophy not nnEMF.

.http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/26/health/astronaut-back-pain-spine-health-space/index.html

11. DLO

DLO StarFish

What are you guys using to measure your emf levels is there a thread with specific tools and target #'s ?

enyaw likes this.
  12. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I live in a rural area. Not much of others wifi reaches us. Ours goes off at night. I cover my smart meter and covered it with EMF shielding paint along with the wall it is attached to. It is on the far side of the house.
    We use no microwave. I have used a meter around the house and is pretty low except refrigerator and freezer.
    Only one power line that runs to our house and others are off a distance to the street.
    We use dirty electricty plug ins at outlets.
    We sleep on a 10g Magnetico. I have shielded out back wall where our head board is.
    My computer is hard wired and grounded.
    I do use my cell phone for work but never carry it on my body when on or not sheilded.
    I always use speaker phone and never use it up by my head.
    We have done a lot to mitigate EMF I am sure we can always do better.

I am sure this is a sport related injury. I have had a tight back with spasms in the
    Past. This happened after doing some tumbling work and martial arts training. At least this new severe sciatica pain that runs down my leg
    In the MRI the spine look pretty good otherwise (I'm 52) besides one disk a little smaller that the Rest. The one below L5. The only seemingly issue was that bulging disc between L4 and L5.

13. Hi Danco
    Keep hamstrings limber as tight hamstrings pull on lower back and can really throw off posture and biomechanics. Even after you are well keep a check on this. If you are shifted to one side right now its just the body's way to compensate for bulging disc. That will resolve as the bulge decreases. Try to decrease muscle spasms with magnesium oil or ice as best you can since the spasms in themselves cause an increased depressive force on disc. Is the red light and or Infrared light having any effect? Back pain is no fun. You have my empathy

14. Huck

Huck Silver

Lay face down on the floor or bed. Then have someone check to see if one leg seems shorter than the other. (Have them hold around the ankles and lift both legs about 4-6 inches.) Odds are, the leg with sciatic pain will be an inch or 2 shorter. If that is the case, that's where a chiropractic adjustment will help.

My hip keeps locking. My right leg seems to be about 2 inches shorter than my left. It's not something I even notice until I start having either leg or back pain. Last time, it was actually foot pain. Pain in my foot was so bad I could barely put any weight on it. One adjustment to my back and immediately pain was cut in half. Within 24 hours, pain gone completely.

Why not go for short term pain relief as well as longer term fix?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  15. Kevin W

Kevin W New Member

http://emfinfo.org/guidelines-exposure.html
    I use the ranges from the site above, and try and get below the hypersensitive levels suggested. My magnet for example is at .06 here and now in all of the home - target is .1 per that site and talking to him (Michael) and going over our numbers .06 great. Before I started at 3.0 in the old home, he said move you cannot fix this - they then added more homes to the neighborhood and suddenly it dropped to 1.0 or so. But as we were moving it started going up. Of course that was still way too high.

Meters: TES 593 for EMF, Acoustimeter, body voltage tester as well, AC Milligauss Meter Model UHS2 to test magnetic

Sure hope your back gets to feeling better!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  16. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Thanks
    Still working on healing this thing before my surgery date on November 9
    Gave up on red light.
    Just using healthy living CT Epi Palio diet and movement to help heal.
    No spasms anymore.
    Keeping mobility as pain allows.
    We will see.
    Pain is still bad but not as bad.

17. endless

endless New Member

Ever tried acupuncture? Sounds like you are doing everything else! I've had great success with it for my worst acute back issues.

18. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Hey Dan

How did your surgery go?

19. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Microdicectectomy L4-L5
    So far pretty good. Today is the day after. Using lots of ice and sunshine for recovery. No pain meds. Upping my tumeric and seafood.

CT'd a lot before surgery. Woke up from surgery feeling good with no sicknes and was able to leave within the hour. Wore blue blockers up until I went in and had cold Pellegrino water ready for me when I woke up.

They said I had the fasted recovery they had seen.
    Today I am sore but managing pain with ice and sunshine. No more sciatica pain!!!!!
    Only the back surgery pain which I can manage without any pills.

The dr said it was a pretty big piece that he had to pull out.

Being optimistic and taking my time with recovery. Starting my nature walks in the cold tomorrow.

Going to rehab and bulletproof this thing.

endless and Lahelada like this.
  20. PaulG

PaulG New Member

good news
    take it easy on the walking - at least initially - listen to your body - up the curcumin and other natural anti-inflammatories.

Danco3636 likes this.