1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Herniated disc

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Danco3636, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

So I have a Herniated disc between L4 and L5. Been having excruciating pain down my hip, leg and foot, sciatica pian.
    Been confirmed by my Dr and an MRI.
    A am a little dishartened as I do almost everything optamially and am otherwise in outstanding health.

The pain has been so bad that I resulted in taking norco and Tylenol.
    I havent had any OTC pain medication or any presception drugs in many years since I have been on the Jack Kruse path to optimal health. But this pain has brought me to tears at times. And I am one tough guy. I am currenty forced to lay flat.

I have CT'ed this thing so much that I got cryo-burns on my back. Any form of sitting even in my CT tub brings pain.

I am now scheduded for a Epidural steroid (cortisone) injection this next Tuesday as recommended by my Dr as the first course of action.

I really thought I could whip this thing with light (sun), water (CT) and magnitizm (earthing) coupled with epi-paleo diet, obeying circadian cycle's etc but it's not happening.

I am frustrated that I have had to turn towards use if drugs the medical prcedure and even the radiation exposure. Most everyhing else to this point I have been able to fix with CT, sun, water and seafood rich diet - nature. I eat oysters almost daily.

Any suggestions going into this and coming out of it?

Any other couse of action I should consider?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you have a HNP you cannot say you do everything optimal says your ALL and PLL.

3. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

True. So I am not sure where things have gone wrong.
    Any tips on Hacking this and finding the weak link in the quilt?
    Things before this seem to have been running great!
    My only thinking is perhaps extra stress work related.
    So going forward should I do the procedure to offer relief or other approach?
    Also what is "ALL and PLL"?

Thanks for the reply.

4. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

ALL and PLL.
    Got it. Looked it up.

5. Jude

Jude Gold

Do share the answers please:D

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="Danco3636, post: 202177, member: 1687"]So I have a Herniated disc between L4 and L5. Been having excruciating pain down my hip, leg and foot, sciatica pian.
    Been confirmed by my Dr and an MRI.
    A am a little dishartened as I do almost everything optamially and am otherwise in outstanding health.

The pain has been so bad that I resulted in taking norco and Tylenol.
    I havent had any OTC pain medication or any presception drugs in many years since I have been on the Jack Kruse path to optimal health. But this pain has brought me to tears at times. And I am one tough guy. I am currenty forced to lay flat.

I have CT'ed this thing so much that I got cryo-burns on my back. Any form of sitting even in my CT tub brings pain.

I am now scheduded for a Epidural steroid (cortisone) injection this next Tuesday as recommended by my Dr as the first course of action.

I really thought I could whip this thing with light (sun), water (CT) and magnitizm (earthing) coupled with epi-paleo diet, obeying circadian cycle's etc but it's not happening.

I am frustrated that I have had to turn towards use if drugs the medical prcedure and even the radiation exposure. Most everyhing else to this point I have been able to fix with CT, sun, water and seafood rich diet - nature. I eat oysters almost daily.

Any suggestions going into this and coming out of it?

Any other couse of action I should consider?[/quote]

I would think that (cortisone) injection
    will do nothing long term except mess you up.
    Hospital for special surgeries NYC

535 East 70th Street, New York NY (887)606-1555
    When going FDR south take exit at 70th St
    Highly convenient location, just at that exit

But before you go there, give a good try (good) with chiropractor (that follows or approximates) Palmer's system.
    Or chiropractor that have sports team as a client.

https://www.hss.edu/secure/prs-appointment-request.htm

[​IMG]

7. Valerie

Valerie Gold

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

BOOM^^^^

Remo and Lahelada like this.
  9. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

10. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I have had strained/ spasms in my back from the past. I usualy managaed them with CT, active rest and releasing stress. Well a few months ago my back spasmed and strained from practicing back flips and handsprings.

I started compensating by walking and moving a bit sideways and protecting my left side. The Dr I seen suggested that this compressed my spine in that area creating a bulge that is now pressing on my sciatica nerve thus crearing lots of pain down my hip and leg.

It's pretty bad.
    I lay out in the AM sun and daily sun, drink lots of water, seafood and daily CT.

Dr Jack Kruse what's your thoughts on this epidural procedure?

JanSz likes this.
  11. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Dan,

When I got L4-L5 bulge twenty years ago I had microdiscetomy surgery and I recovered well by doing a lot of Pilates and swimming. Also used an inversion table outside to lengthen the spine and open up the disc spaces. @Josh (Paleo Osteo) may have some sage advice.

12. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Looks like I will be going in for that procedure in about two weeks. The epidural injection did nothing and the pain is excruciatinly bad. Avoiding any of the proscription pain pills and relaxers the Dr's have been offering me. Been taking NSAID's and some Tylenol. Not doing good. Well I have about two weeks before the surgery and with these two weeks going to try to heal this up using the
    Epi-paleo Rx

13. Huck

Huck Silver

I had 2 back surgeons tell me I needed an immediate operation. Instead, I swam every day for a month and did exercises in the jacuzzi. Starting out, my right leg was mostly dead weight. The doctors said the nerve was damaged and would never recover. They were wrong.

I still see a chiropractor if my back starts giving me pain. It might take trying several different ones, but likely there is a good chiro out there that can help you. Another time I had a pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder area. They first sent me to a physical therapist who made it worse. Then they wanted to operate. Eventually I found a great chiropractor that specialized in sports injury. He determined it was a chest muscle that was causing the problem and over a couple of weeks, he got it to relax and the pain went away.

The other thing is inflammation. It likes to mess up your back. I recently changed my diet which resulted in a big reduction in inflammation and almost immediately the nagging back pain I had for a couple of weeks went away.

14. DLO

DLO StarFish

Dont do the shot! Try other manual modalities without meds first!
    Hell try a hyperbaric high pressure oxygen chamber.

15. Valerie

Valerie Gold

Try prolozone theraphy

16. DLO

DLO StarFish

+1 to prolo forgot all about that.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="Huck, post: 203202, member: 1100"]I had 2 back surgeons tell me I needed an immediate operation. Instead, I swam every day for a month and did exercises in the jacuzzi. Starting out, my right leg was mostly dead weight. The doctors said the nerve was damaged and would never recover. They were wrong.

I still see a chiropractor if my back starts giving me pain. It might take trying several different ones, but likely there is a good chiro out there that can help you. Another time I had a pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder area. They first sent me to a physical therapist who made it worse. Then they wanted to operate. Eventually I found a great chiropractor that specialized in sports injury. He determined it was a chest muscle that was causing the problem and over a couple of weeks, he got it to relax and the pain went away.

The other thing is inflammation. It likes to mess up your back. I recently changed my diet which resulted in a big reduction in inflammation and almost immediately the nagging back pain I had for a couple of weeks went away.[/quote]

I see chiropractor once a week.
    Waiting until hurts, hurts more.
    Chiropractor that cares for a sports team is usually great asset.

@Jack Kruse likes HSCRP
    (CRP), High Sensitivity
    to figure inflammation
    and many people post varying results often contrary to expectations
    wonder how
    (ESR) Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate
    would work for them?

/

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I used to use ESI a lot and over the last 8 years less and less once I understood all it did was release ELF-UV and lower redox in bad ways.

Red light and cold is how i avoided my own discectomy. But the pain was 10 of 10 for 6 weeks and I slept with 140 pounds of ice on me. It was not fun...........but I never got cut. And this was before I was a doc........I was in medical school at the time.

axel brandt, Sujoe123 and JanSz like this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

ESI = ??????

@Jack Kruse

ESI
    Elastase-specific inhibitor
    Medical, Medicine

ESI
    enzyme substrate inhibitor
    Medical

Electron Spectroscopy Imaging
    Medical